Koster Knives BarraKuda Sign-Up List

This run is only G10.

I want a knife that is 100% reliable in water and micarta, while very stable, still has canvas in it and is not as impervious as G10.

I may do a future run in micarta, but not as this time - thanks for asking!

:thumbup:

Dan

I will post pics when I get the prototype done.

These are in the next glue-up.

Thanks!

Dan

I have the prototype set for glue-up as well as the regular Orange G10 handles. We'll see. The 3D handle is taking too long. Will have to consider for a future run.

Dan

Update:

First 6 BarraKuda knives glued up.

:thumbup:

Updates041910-01.jpg

You may notice the grinds are not done yet - it's easier on thin knives like these to grind them (after heat-treat) with full handles - roughed out, of course. Because the blades are thin, it requires a lot of care and control to get them ground properly and evenly, without making them too thin, or grinding away the edge, etc.

Dan

just a little - not much at all. They're not meant to flex like a true fillet knife...but rather, to have multiple capabilities including cutting bait and even self defense. The blade is thin enough for use as a fillet, but this is not a fillet knife.

Dan

Here's the latest pic:

Updates042110-03.jpg

Handles have been roughed out the spine finished to 80 grit.

Next step = finishig the blade grinding, then fine sanding and finishing.

Dan

Hi Dan!
Any chance to get the Blue G10 too? Or this run is limited to the first 6 pieces only?

I'm asking just because my spot are #6 orange and #7 blue, and of course I'd prefer to make one single shipment...

Thanks in advance for your attention!
Janoz

Blue on the next one. :thumbup:

I already had these cut out...so I did all orange first.

I can hold them and ship them together - no problem.

Dan

I got yours done today, Briggs. I'll need an address for shipping. Will post a pic tomorrow.

Dan

sent email yesterday, if your account is still wacky let me know and I will resend.

Thanks, rant removed

Dan, I'm #2 on this list but have only paid deposit. Are you ready for me to cough up the final lump of coal?

JH

Yes - I did finish the others. Will post pic tomorrow.

I still need to do the sheaths (also tomorrow). :D

Dan

Back