Laconico/Kizer Gemini Flipper (Ki3471) is on the street!

Yes, I understand your likening them to Sebenza boring. Ray's designs like Chris's aren't the kind that will knock your socks off . . . until you get them in hand. Then you realize how well-crafted they are. I suspect that's why Ray has developed such a strong following. Will that kind of build quality show up in the Kizers? We'll see. But so far I've been impressed with the knives I've received from them. So I'm pretty optimistic at this point.

I think the real reason JR88FAN doesn't like it is because Kizer is a Chinese company. I have him set on "ignore" specifically because of some of his comments about the subject.

Well there's not much you can do about that. People who display contempt prior to investigation are more to be pitied than censored.

Initial impressions are.... .... .... .... ....

Sorry, I fell asleep.

The scales look really uncomfortable when a firm grip. (Flat squares?!)
Tip down is a big no.
That is the worst pocket clip I have ever seen, they might as well have just gone the entire distance of the handle.
It's boring, as in Sebenza boring. It inspires me to not want it.

There's my opinion, and it's worthless, because it's only mine, and it's only an opinion....

Yep... It's only an opinion... (and it's tip-up btw)

Moving on...

Yep. There are plenty of people out there with opinions but far fewer with actual experience. I always try to seek out the latter.

I'm a huge Kizer fan. Not all their designs are great, but there execution for the price is outstanding. I own two and would recommend them highly.

I'm so disappointed it's not drilled and tapped for left hand carry. I was totally thrilled with the prototype pictures and seeing that they did away with the left handed carry is such a bummer. :(

Very nice, looks awesome! So glad for the absence of lefty holes.
Been waiting since the first photos came. Just
a little longer now, pay check and shipper needed.

I think the real reason JR88FAN doesn't like it is because Kizer is a Chinese company. I have him set on "ignore" specifically because of some of his comments about the subject.

You have me set on ignore because you just don't like opinions that don't fall in line with yours......

You never really read any of my posts on this subject anyway, or you would know that Chinese knife companies are not my issue.

Not a big fan of Chinese stuff no matter how well they are made... its value just goes down too badly when you resell it...

I will let you figure the tip up part out by yourself....

Maybe you plan to carry it open?

No, I'll let you figure it out...

Maybe you plan on describing things incorrectly?

DSC_0276.jpg

You have me set on ignore because you just don't like opinions that don't fall in line with yours......

You never really read any of my posts on this subject anyway, or you would know that Chinese knife companies are not my issue.
Since he has you set on ignore he can't read your posts...

Back on topic, I just ordered one and am looking forward to it.

And it's tip up
KUKI3471ta.jpg

Not a big fan of Chinese stuff no matter how well they are made... its value just goes down too badly when you resell it...

Interesting first post from someone whose forum status doesn't allow them to sell knives here. And, of course, it only applies to those who buy knives with the thought of reselling them at some point. Not everyone does that.

Since he has you set on ignore he can't read your posts...
Don't worry, brancron. You're not missing anything. ;)

Last edited:
Not a fan of titanium handles or framelocks, but that is a very handsome knife. Minimal, clean and it looks like it will cut beautifully.

Yep. And a fraction of the price someone would have to pay if the Gemini were a Laconico custom. Thank heaven I got my Slim EDC before the prices of his hand-mades soared into the stratosphere . . . when you can find them at all, that is.

Last edited:
simple beautiful,definitely on my list-thanks for posting

Initial impressions are.... .... .... .... ....

Sorry, I fell asleep.

The scales look really uncomfortable when a firm grip. (Flat squares?!)
Tip down is a big no.
That is the worst pocket clip I have ever seen, they might as well have just gone the entire distance of the handle.
It's boring, as in Sebenza boring. It inspires me to not want it.

There's my opinion, and it's worthless, because it's only mine, and it's only an opinion....

I think you're talking about bld522's Laconico. The Kizer is the opposite of what you've described.

Nice looking knife. looks like it'll be a hell of a deal for 170 bucks.. I wonder if Tim Britton is kicking himself for crapping on Kizer yet.

Back