Laconico/Kizer Gemini Flipper (Ki3471) is on the street!

I think you're talking about bld522's Laconico. The Kizer is the opposite of what you've described.

You may be right. If you are, it's worth noting that the first thing I did when I received it was remove the clip. That brought the weight down to a delightful 2.8 ounces. What's more, Ray hasn't made Slim EDCs for a long time and as of my last conversation with him, he has no plans to make them again. So at this point, Slim EDCs are among the rarer of Ray's custom offerings. Opinions being what they are, I could probably sell it for near double what I paid for it if I wanted to. But I don't. Needless to say, it's a superbly crafted knife and one of the jewels of my collection. :)

Anyone who can afford to buy a knife with Ray's name on it whether it be custom, mid-tech, China-tech or otherwise, would be well-advised to do so.

Last edited:
Dammit, another Kizer to buy! Nice work Ray and Kizer. I like the price too; only a modest bump over in-house designs.

The Kizer site says the knife weighs 2.58 ounces and Knifecenter says it weighs 3.6 ounces. Which is correct? :confused:
KnifeCenter just sent me a PM confirming that the weight is 3.6 ounces. So that answers that. :)

I am not 100% sure but I think it was designed off of Ray's Small Jasmine.

Top: Small Jasmine, Bottom: Blast 2.

This is very tempting for my first Kizer. Whenever they're back in stock, that is...

Sold out that quickly, did they? Can't say that comes as a surprise. Congrats to those who scored! :thumbup: :D

And yes. The Gemini and the Small Jasmine bear more than a passing resemblance to each other, all right:

KUKI3471nbf.jpg

S7302696_zpsa7fe5748.jpg

Last edited:
i mean this one

Sure. The Slim EDC features a 3" blade constructed of D2 at 60-61HRC, a 4" handle and a bearing pivot. It weighs 2.8 oz on my scale. The fit and finish are exemplary as one would expect given Ray's attention to detail. I picked it up from him at the Southern California Blade Expo in Pasadena a few years ago. The only thing nicer than the knife itself is the guy who made it.

Oh, I should also mention that I got to meet Ray's mentor at the same show . . . Mike Vagnino, MS. Boy oh boy does that man make some great knives. I absolutely lust after his CF Velox. You can sure see where Ray gets his inspiration from.

Last edited:
A really great edc it looks to be. ;) I had a small jasmine and for the price I wasn't blown away. Rays work is really great though. Clean lines and spot on tolerances/attention to detail. This is exactly what I have been looking and waiting for. I always loved the look of his jasmine. Now I can own a production model that's priced well. Now the wait for a shipping notification.

I'll buy a Gemini, of course. I'll just wait for it to go a little deeper into circulation before I pick it up. While I fully expect it to be well made, particularly after what Tom at KnifeCenter had to say about it, I'll also have the advantage of user reviews to refer to by then. Please let us know what you think of yours when it arrives . . . maybe even do a Youtube video if you like it. :)

I am interested in the G10/linerlock/VG-10 version of the Intrepid when it comes out.

A just over 4-inch blade and MSRP under $100 from what is posted on their website.

I have been out of knives for close to a year now but this knife has peaked my interest. Has it been confirmed we won't be seeing any more until 2016?

I have been out of knives for close to a year now but this knife has peaked my interest. Has it been confirmed we won't be seeing any more until 2016?

You can get on the notification list at BladeHQ.

The Gemini has been very popular and quite rightly so. Arguably, the best titanium frame lock bearings flipper for $200 or less but it was actually selling for $170!

Does anyone has a comparison picture between this and a small sebenza? Would love to see a picture of the profile as well as the lengths

Back