Lets see some Hinderer action

Love this knife. Definitely my favorite Hinderer that I've tried so far. I have a red one, now I feel the need to find a blue one. ;)

G9ZJ11T.jpg

I've owned and re-sold two XM-24s in the past and regretted it both times. What does that say about me?

Incoming XM-18 Harpoon Spanto (non-skinny) in S45VN. It thumb flicks and reverse flicks easily, like my skinny harpoon spantos do, while my other XM-18's not so much.

EDIT - I have a Meton Boss electro-anodized Ti scale I could install this weekend, or maybe even better is my blue diamond-textured OEM dog paw Ti scale; but I also have a blue glow in the dark OEM scale that came off the knife that I sold Terry M. So I don't know which of the 3 to install...

See Pics and tell me which spare scale you would like to see installed first.

CzsfY1T.jpeg

xIRnetu.jpeg

C087dle.jpeg

xla3dIG.jpeg

gaB5Fv2.jpeg

JHQXYpE.jpeg

Last edited:
Gawd I am so Jealous of you right handed folks because you have a pretty good selection of models to choose from and tons of extras available.

I really love my XM18 3.5 But! being a lefty It took me a couple of months to find one, it was used and I didn't care for the scale or hardware color but bought it becuse Lefty's are hard to find and it was a gen 6 in good shape ~ So I had to put a few more bucks into making it my own, that took a couple of months trying to find a good lefty green micarta scale and polishing off the blue color from the hardware, it has a deep carry clip that at some point I want to replace with an original one but for now it's My Baby 🤘

hin1.jpghin2.jpg

Gawd I am so Jealous of you right handed folks because you have a pretty good selection of models to choose from and tons of extras available.

I really love my XM18 3.5 But! being a lefty It took me a couple of months to find one, it was used and I didn't care for the scale or hardware color but bought it becuse Lefty's are hard to find and it was a gen 6 in good shape ~ So I had to put a few more bucks into making it my own, that took a couple of months trying to find a good lefty green micarta scale and polishing off the blue color from the hardware, it has a deep carry clip that at some point I want to replace with an original one but for now it's My Baby 🤘

View attachment 2544203View attachment 2544204
I’m left handed as well but I’ve always carried and used knives right handed. It’s to the point now that I’m more comfortable handling knives with my right hand. You got a nice one there my friend. Might try to track one down for myself. I’ve never owned a left handed frame lock.

I’m left handed as well but I’ve always carried and used knives right handed. It’s to the point now that I’m more comfortable handling knives with my right hand. You got a nice one there my friend. Might try to track one down for myself. I’ve never owned a left handed frame lock.i
I started out with with the ambidextrous clip change type knives ever since I can remember ~ I have had a few strictly right handed knives I just had to have because I love knives and liked them, but I always longed for one just for me ~ I buy only lefty's now but there are times when you see that OMG right handed magnet

I'm very right hand dominant. But I never had an issue opening and closing a right hand Hinderer with my left hand - they basically feel ambidextrous. In fact, since my right pocket often has a fixed blade, my left one has a Hinderer. And to have the blade touch the left pocket seam, I carry those knives tip down. Take other locks (for example the Spyderco Manix 2), I can only use them with my dominant hand. Go figure ....

Last edited:
My brother is a lefty and would pick on me, of course. So I learned to be ambidextrous. Well, pretend to be. I'm looking for a lefty for myself, then one for my brother. That order may change as it's my brother and he ain't heavy.

Back