Lets see some Hinderer action

Copper and blue! Loving the 3" XMs!

MS20xMs.jpg

AFT0Fc2.jpg

jkCMwpd.jpg

USPS Tracking says that I have a XM-18 3.5" Spearpoint "Out For Delivery."

(Well, it didn't actually say that, but I know what's gonna be in the box:))

It's green/black, but looks kinda blue-ish. Perfectly centered, no blade play & sharp right out of the box. Flipping action is a little stiff yet, but I'm sure it'll loosen up without adjustment. I dropped one of the clip screws when I was moving it to the tip-up position & had a hell of a time crawling around on the floor finding it.

It's green/black, but looks kinda blue-ish. Perfectly centered, no blade play & sharp right out of the box. Flipping action is a little stiff yet, but I'm sure it'll loosen up without adjustment. I dropped one of the clip screws when I was moving it to the tip-up position & had a hell of a time crawling around on the floor finding it.

Sweet colors and blade... Congrats! I've got extra clip screws if you ever need any :)

This is probably one of my most favorite customizing jobs I have ever done. The Flag is deep etched and I love the way all the bronze colors flow through it. Had to share!

Scott, that is some beautiful work you are doing on the Ti knives. It's really clean and gives the knife a whole new character.

Liked the green, but wanted to go back to the natural micarta. Just seems right for the MP-1.

w2iIx6I.jpg
I am really, really starting to like this knife. That is my favorite blade shape, next to the sparrow grind of course on the XM series. Congrats on a fantastic collection of Hinderers.

Where can Micarta scales be purchased for Hinderer? I love this look

Extra scales for the MP-1, Jurassic, Maximus and Half Track have not been done as of yet. I do believe they are on the schedule for this fall!

Can anyone point in the direction of someone who could drill and tap my hinderer for lefty carry?

Expecting my first xm-18 early next week!

Can anyone point in the direction of someone who could drill and tap my hinderer for lefty carry?

Unfortunately I have not heard of anyone doing this. If I hear of anyone I will send you a PM.

I've seen one done, but I wouldn't do it. You would have to find someone to machine the scale to fit the clip and tap into the liner to get it right. With an all Ti Hinderer it could be done, but if it's screwed up, you're out $200.

I continue to hope that one day Rick will machine a small run of Ti presentation side scales for lefty carry. Since they're selling all that they can make, there's no incentive for doing it. There are some lefty Hinderers (not XM-18's) out there.

Back