Lets see your handmade Kitchen knives

Birdseye chef? You mean the one I posted with a custom handle? If so, that wood is koa on the outsides and spalted maple burl sandwiched in the middle.

Devin Thomas gyuto:

DSC04054.JPG

Finished%20Knife%201.JPG

Showoff! :p :D

I think I'm going to go to sleep with this thread open next to my bed.

Butch, your work is remarkable, as always.

Phil and Mike: those are some beautiful knives. What's the approx. thickness of the blades?

Thank you.

The stock on the first two blades is .110" and the last ones are 1/8". All of these knife blades are CPM154. The handle materials are cocobolo burl, blackwood and sterling silver, curly teak and blackwood, just plain blackwood, and Todd Combs' blue burlap laminate with desert ironwood.

As a chef by trade I can honestly say there are some nice knives here! Here's one I made under the watchful eye of another knife maker and in his shop. I made two others since but gave them away and do not have pictures.

I would like to someday offer kitchen cutlery considering my profession. Then again, it's my profession that leaves me no time to do so... :rolleyes:

P1010041-1.jpg

There are some seriously awesome knives in this thread! Here's a set that I made for my sister. I still need to make a block for them. Sorry for the blurry pic, but I cropped them out of another picture and blew it up a little.

img4384a.jpg

My first knives were kitchen knives. I figured that If I was going to put that much time and effort into a blade, I wanted to use it every day. What better than a kitchen knife?

My first handmade blade
2825998780_a737794fee_o.jpg

Phillip

That sir, is a wicked cooking knife.

very cool new subforum...:thumbup:

those are some great looking knives.. i have a bunch of cutoms, but none of which are custom kitchen knives... one of these days...:)

i heat cyceled it a few times and aceatoned it before puting on the CA
the buyer wanted the dark color

if anything happens to it down the road i will fix but i dont forsee that

panch0,

Do midtechs count? I think a bunch of us are anticipating a Devin Thomas midtech (or 6) coming soon.

Hand forged a long time ago,found with no handle.
Recently,Tony Bose put a handle of Ebony on it.It was gifted to me by a friend across the pond
Pictured here with my T Bose slicer knife
-Vince

DSC01706.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

Butch ya stole my thunder :D Just headed over here to post my knife :D
Adam, Dave, good to see you all here too!

Well all - like Butch already mentioned, here's my handmade. Cedar burl, 154cm, 165 Nakiri

dsc00438sm.jpg

dsc00437sm.jpg

And my 210 Takeda with custom Stefan Keller handle

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1682.jpg
    IMG_1682.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 557
Back