Let's talk Ti-Lock - A photo essay

My current 3.25" knife is a ZT 0450 CF ZDP. I am really considering trading it in and getting a ti-lock.

My current 3.25" knife is a ZT 0450 CF ZDP. I am really considering trading it in and getting a ti-lock.

I just picked up the Elemental version (to add to a "regular" version) and think it's awesome. The details are classic CRK:

32092079796_a022bf03ea_b.jpg

32092080316_f8cf6ee501_b.jpg

^ By far I like the Elemental version. Costs a little more, but more dressy. It may not be worth considering, but no blue anodizing on the lock bar is something to not worry about wearing off.

The Elemental is the one I would like to get. Don't care for the blue anodizing stuff on the previous versions.

Also, the blade shape appears to be a bit similar to the Regular Sebenza blade shape (a bit more belly to it), which I like a lot.

A beautiful CRK, no matter which version, however. One of the neatest knife designs, indeed.:thumbup:

The only thing that bothers me on the elemental side is the milling is not symmetrical on the pocket clip side. Though I imagine it is because of the pocket clip but I would probably remove the pocket clip in the first place.

The only thing that bothers me on the elemental side is the milling is not symmetrical on the pocket clip side. Though I imagine it is because of the pocket clip but I would probably remove the pocket clip in the first place.

You can also put a sebenza clip on you ti-lock. It works much better for me to have a regular clip on the ti-lock and the ti-lock clip on a small sebenza.

Of course the question we must all ask, is will we get another "annual" Ti-Lock for 2017? I sure hope so!!

Well.....if the rumours of discontinuation are true......the only thing left to say about the Ti-lock is "Good-bye". Shucks.......I swear it was a design that what just starting to catch on......even Nick Shabazz liked it!

Nick Shabazz has plenty of work to do at the Vaseline factory, so I suggest he pick up a 2017 In Motion Annual like mine, before they're all gone !!
o_O:poop::eek:

DSC00146_1.jpg~original

DSC00115.jpg~original

Sad but true: I was going to resurrect the original thread here by putting the photos back in, along with many more picture-based threads that I created, after the photobucket broken-link fiasco. Today I found out that can’t happen.

Long story short......I can’t edit the original post due to it being more than 1000 characters, which exceeds what I’m allowed to type, even in an edit. Maybe it’s a new limitation placed on my level of account, but it is another nail in the coffin of my desire to contribute anything meaningful here. One of the very few forums I have ever paid to be a part of, which offers so much less than many free forums, some of which dealt with the photobucket issue internally, and none of whom put limitations on number of characters you are allowed to type. I don’t know what gives......super lame. If the revenue model they have works for BF, great, just no longer works for me.

Last edited:
Back