Let's talk Ti-Lock - A photo essay

Dag nammit I am trying to post a pic instead of a link

YfXXSOvh.jpg

Place your link inside the img tags

ex

Kid the more I read your stuff I have to say I enjoy reading your work more than most others.
Great job. I am adding some more stuff in my thread and a little trick for taking it apart.

Last edited:
Kid the more I read your stuff I have to say I enjoy reading your work more than most others.
Great job. I am adding some more stuff in my thread and a little trick for taking it apart.

thanks! That means a lot to me. I appreciate it.

Got my Ti-lock today. It was a bit of a surprise how small it is. I knew the blade was between the small and large Sebenza, but overall it is just a tad bit bigger than a small. I just traded a small because I favor the large. That said, this is a pretty cool knife. I like the uniqueness and the lock. The knife can be totally opened and closed using the thumb, you don't need the finger and thumb like the others. And it is a very smooth motion. I think one thing that helps me adapt to the size is because it is so different. The small is just a "little Sebenza", so I prefer the large. The Ti-lock size is what it is. For me the Mnandi is just too small for EDC in blue jeans. I've been carrying one for close to a month as a second knife, but just not adapting to it. I will probably go back to my $8 Bucklite so I have something to loan if someone wants to borrow one. Now, if I wore a suit or dressed up once in a while the Mnandi would be an awesome carry. But at my age how many weddings can you go to?

nEbeslil.jpg

Read this piece again, inspired me to put a polish on my Ti-Lock's cutting edge. I know, post a picture.:)
This is a fine knife, thanks again, Kid.

I hate to revive a dead thread and I didn't read all the comments but, what do you think of the clip? I just picked mine up tonight (I'm jealous of your blasted Ti-Lock!) and I really like this knife but the clip is absolutely terrible as far as functionality goes, in my opinion.

I hate to revive a dead thread and I didn't read all the comments but, what do you think of the clip? I just picked mine up tonight (I'm jealous of your blasted Ti-Lock!) and I really like this knife but the clip is absolutely terrible as far as functionality goes, in my opinion.

The standard CRK pocket clip will fit the Ti-Lock if you don't like the one it came with. I rarely clip my ti-lock, I usually pocket it, so I don't have a strong opinion on the clip.

I absolutely LOVE the Ti Lock spring clip. Put the pivot end of the knife in your pocket first, then using your pocket for leverage, pry against it as you squeeze it open. It is really a lot easier to do than to describe.

I absolutely LOVE the Ti Lock spring clip. Put the pivot end of the knife in your pocket first, then using your pocket for leverage, pry against it as you squeeze it open. It is really a lot easier to do than to describe.

Has the spring tension loosened up a bit over time for you? If it wasn't quite as stiff it'd be more tolerable for me.

You need to get used to it, then it will be easy to clip on and off.

The tension has not loosened up on mine after a year. To me that's good. This is one $400 knife that won't come off when clipped :)

The tension has not loosened up on mine after a year. To me that's good. This is one $400 knife that won't come off when clipped :)

It has the effect of making "normal" clips feel almost unsafe.

That's true. I won't lose it like I did my small cf insingo last week. It's getting cold here in Minnesota and I work outside so I wore my new winter coat on Thursday and it has some little elastic do-dads and a D-ring (snowmobile jacket) on the right side bottom right where my knife sits in my pocket. Somehow the clip got snagged by my coat and it was pulled out of my pocket and dropped in the mud without me noticing until I went to use it after I had already left that jobsite. Luckily a coworker found it with just the blue lug sticking out of the mud, in the dark! Anyway, long story short, the Hawk clip has a huge advantage wth retention especially if I'm wearing that coat.

Rockin' my new CRK shorty clip (made by forum member Gull Wing) on my Ti-Lock today. This clip is just perfect on this knife. Being shorter than a standard CRK sebebza-type clip it doesnt cover the "gills". Also, the bead blast matches the finish of my 1st gen Ti-Lock perfectly. It was working really well on the 25 as well, but once I saw this possibility, it had to be done. So nice to be carrying this knife again. It truly is a great EDC. So very light, and so much blade!

IMG_8509_zpstefuy3ot.jpg

Rockin' my new CRK shorty clip (made by forum member Gull Wing) on my Ti-Lock today. This clip is just perfect on this knife. Being shorter than a standard CRK sebebza-type clip it doesnt cover the "gills". Also, the bead blast matches the finish of my 1st gen Ti-Lock perfectly. It was working really well on the 25 as well, but once I saw this possibility, it had to be done. So nice to be carrying this knife again. It truly is a great EDC. So very light, and so much blade!

IMG_8509_zpstefuy3ot.jpg

Wow! That looks great!!!

Just got a Sebenza clip today from CRK. Polished it a bit with some 800 grit sandpaper and put it on.....

BTW, what do you use to polish the brass thumb studs. Mine are getting a bit dull.

kxEV0B8.jpg

Back