Line-Up for the Ti-Pen

You can definitely put me down for one. Anything around $110 sounds very reasonable, everything considered. I'll keep checking back for updates. Thanks to Reed and Don for working to make the idea a reality.

Originally posted by Adamant
I'm still for at least one depending on the price...finally there's a possibility of EDC self-defense tool without the risk of incurring legal liability...

That is the whole idea my friend. Some people in this Life take offense at the whole concept that an Individual Human Being actually has the absolute, basic, human right to Self-defense.

Concerning Absolutism, I am not an extremist except for one, single subject. The Individual Human Being has an absolute right to Self-preservation.

To deny the Individual the tools to do that, they have, in effect, banned Self-defense.

More ominously, they have banned Self-defense and stripped the Individual of that Sacred Right, and they have done it without having to incur the wrath of The People because they have performed this Evil in a "Back door fashion."

Politicians like to keep their fat, worthless, ass right in Office and they would not dare come out and say that from the start. "You do not have a 'right' to Self-defense." But, after years of "reasonable controls" and subtle manipulation and conditioning, otherwise known as, "brainwashing," now some areas of the World that call themselves "Civilized," are at the point that they can in fact say that. Because the People have been conditioned to not own, let alone carry, weapons for this purpose.

Once the Masses have been conditioned in this manner, only then can the Politicos come right out and say what they wanted to from the start and the People, having no other recourse for their own safety and security, will cling to the last vestige of safety that they can comprehend. The Police.

That plays a huge part in the way I think.

I see a risk in the cap loosening itself (since it is threaded for only 1 turn), and the pen flying off if an attempt is made to swing the pen using the lanyard. In my humble opinion, maybe designing a pen which requires more turns to open the cap, or some locking device will increase security? I know it'll then be a pain to use it as a writing instrument, but in a life and death situation, I think most people would choose reliability...

Don,

I'm with Adamant on being able to swing the pen by the lanyard (made of 550 Cord?) a la kusarifundo/manrikigarrote. Is there a way to make the cap more secure on the pen for this purpose?

S.

Originally posted by Sidewinder

Don,

I'm with Adamant on being able to swing the pen by the lanyard (made of 550 Cord?) a la kusarifundo/manrikigarrote. Is there a way to make the cap more secure on the pen for this purpose?

S.

I would think that a lug and groove type of fitting would be secure enough to get a swat in on someone, but it is not something that you could repeatedly bash someone with...I think. That would mean also that you would have to leave the "Quick Release" Lanyard off...remove it from your neck, etc.

Maybe as I originally thought, it needs another Lanyard Hole at the other end to facilitate such other uses, therefore eliminating any strength issues of the cap.

No problem man,
I can definitely understand the feeling.
Take care guys,
Reed

Originally posted by Don Rearic

Maybe as I originally thought, it needs another Lanyard Hole at the other end to facilitate such other uses, therefore eliminating any strength issues of the cap.

I like your suggestion, Don!

Maybe we could have a few lightening holes on the other end opposite the cap...

Advantages I see:

1. obvious weight savings to facilitate swinging and comfortable carry. inproved grip.

2. cord can be attached to one of these lightening holes

3. since the cord is tied on the 'opposite end', it can be tucked away out of sight when the pen is clipped to the pocket

4. maybe the added bonus of an innocuous high tech look...

The flexibility to use it almost like a V-Gar system is very appealing. The V-Gar is the most effective self defense tool I have used due to a near perfect mix of concealability, reach and durability. However, I have 2 problems with it: 1) unrealiable zip on the belt's loading system (at least in my case), and 2) legal problems if discovered. I am currently not using it because my zip is stuck....possibly permanently stuck...

It'll be really nice if we can use the Ti-pen like the V-Gar. Maybe some users (who worry less about the law, and want something as close to the V-Gar as possible) might even consider using a steel cable, instead of a cord...since it can attached to a lightening hole and concealed in the pocket...

Just my 2-cents...what do you guys think???

P.S. Thanks Don and Reed for taking all the trouble...

Maybe we could have a few lightening holes on the other end opposite the cap...

Advantages I see:

1. obvious weight savings to facilitate swinging and comfortable carry. inproved grip.

Now, remember, often times, you can get one thing to do many things well. But when you try to make one thing do about 4 to 6 things well, all suffer.

Remember, Titanium is 40% less weight than steel [roughly], so this thing with a hole drilled in the cap and one in the end, should be light enough for pocket or neck carry.

The problem with drilling too many holes in it then becomes, it defeats the purpose of swinging it as a weapon [as you posted about]. Because there is simply not going to be anything there anymore, weight-wise, that will do much of anything except distract someone so you can draw a knife, etc.

As hard as I can swing my JSP Manrikigarrote, I doubt if at that speed/power level it would stop me if I were coming in on someone swinging it. It would, however, make me flinch perhaps, allowing that other person to draw on me. Draw anything, I might add.

So, if we did in fact lighten it by drilling multiple "lightening" holes like a Balisong has, the people using it as a handheld weapon would rejoice and it would leave those who wish to clobber someone upside their brainpan out in the cold. Hahaha!

The flexibility to use it almost like a V-Gar system is very appealing. The V-Gar is the most effective self defense tool I have used due to a near perfect mix of concealability, reach and durability. However, I have 2 problems with it: 1) unrealiable zip on the belt's loading system (at least in my case), and 2) legal problems if discovered. I am currently not using it because my zip is stuck....possibly permanently stuck...

I would send the belt back to James and he will probably send you a new one unless you were the one that mangled it. :D

Hey Don!

Glad I checked the forum out - you can count me in for sure at $110 or less, and depending on the timing I might go for the $160 range as well.

Bob

Up to 110$ I´m in. I´ll add extra shipping cost to my country.

/Colinz

Not to worry, we're still on track and we have the best estimate as of yet and it is under $125.00

We are still deciding several things, so check back in as we might have to modify certain things.

Rest assured, we're bouncing E-mails daily on it.

Hi,

sub 100$ is a ggod prize.... I'm from Spain so th e shipment prize is not for me... I ever have to pay alot for the shipments.....

Osvaldo

Hi,

sub 100$ is a ggod prize.... I'm from Spain so th e shipment prize is not for me... I ever have to pay alot for the shipments.....

Osvaldo

Back