Lionsteel TM1 (SRX)

Got the fedex notice yesterday and picked mine today after looking for the frdex site like forever.
I like it a lot, i'm left handed and the TM1 fits excellently. It came very sharp and I'll post pictures when i get time.

Looks nice, but looks are one thing. Looks like the blade is off center? just like my lionspy and my brand new SR-1V. can't understand why this is. Just about all Lionsteel knives I see have this scenario. 2nd the handle material at the finger guard location worries me that it could easily break since this is linen micarta. When looking at the pictures seems like its unfinished especially looking at the inside of the cut out for the blade. 3. Micarta will absorb sweat,blood,dirt etc. while it does give a better tactile feel than Ti, alum, looks like it might be a stinky knife.

Looks like the blade is off center? just like my lionspy and my brand new SR-1V. can't understand why this is. Just about all Lionsteel knives I see have this scenario.

It's NOT off center but looks like it in one picture and not the other. I'll strive for a better picture. It's very easy to center the blade in LionSteel by adjusting the pivot. In the case of the TM-1 no issue with tightening it. Your statement is too general to be taken as fact. Were your LionSteel folders new or used? Did you try to adjust the pivot?

2nd the handle material at the finger guard location worries me that it could easily break since this is linen micarta. When looking at the pictures seems like its unfinished especially looking at the inside of the cut out for the blade.

This is a SOLID piece of Micarta that is extremely thick in the said area. Not unlike the LionSteel M7 fixed blade.

It may look unfinished because of the nature of Micarta and extreme closeups.

3. Micarta will absorb sweat,blood,dirt etc. while it does give a better tactile feel than Ti, alum, looks like it might be a stinky knife.

That would be true linen Micarta with "loose" cover. This is a SOLID piece.

In summary, I see no valid reasons above until and unless you've tried it up close and for duration.

Last edited:
Normally, I have tough time buying outside my favorite brand... But this is one knife I'm pretty certain I'm going to get soon. I really like Micarta. Solid one piece construction? Count me in!

Maybe I am old school but I am going to wait and see how this knife wears without any steel liners.

Thanks for the detailed photos, RamZar.

Another great Lionsteel design. A slighty longer blade, sexier steel (M390, 4V), and an opener that doesn't stick out beyond the width of the spine (i.e. tumb hole, wave, flipper - OK, a flipper probably wouldn't work on a lockback), and this would be my ideal large folder.

Can't decide whether to get the CF version and wait for the micarta to come out in more interesting colors, or to get the micarta and wait for the CF to come out in a longer or more interesting blade shape (bowie anyone?). Will probably depend on the prices I can find once these become more readily available.

Would love to hear any feedback on the quality of the CF - i.e. is it perfectly solid or any small voids?

I'll get one of the TM-1 Carbon Fiber ones eventually.

As far as I know, right now, only BladeHQ carries the TM-1 in USA!

Even the SR-1 & SR-2 Damascus folders are nowhere to be found in the U.S. Only TS-1 Damascus is available and only at a few places.

I too would like to see LionSteel offer M390 in some of their folders.

I too would like to see LionSteel offer M390 in some of their folders.

this and I would have jumped all over this knife......... and when I say jump I mean buy atleast 2 of them LOL. im still on the fence and plan to wait and see what happens with it

I feel like the micarta would be have more grip over the CF but it absorbs too much.... and the CF would be slick without any type of texturing.

I feel like the micarta would be have more grip over the CF but it absorbs too much.... and the CF would be slick without any type of texturing.

The Micarta is very dense and it has the best texture of any grip period.

Regarding the CF, it all depends on the finish. For instance, my ZT 0777 has the best CF texture I've encountered and gives you a great grip no matter what. Some CF can be quite slippery. Some CF are a form of laminate or layered and give good grip. Grip is somewhat subjective just like on a tennis racket.

I just stumbled across these......very nice! I will order on of the carbon fiber versions as soon as I finish paying for moving expenses:thumbup:

I have one in satin / micarta just arrived.

It's very nice. Love the weight and balance for such a beefy knife. There are two minor imperfections - a small section of micarta looks like it's chipped next to the lock bar, but it's hardly noticeable, and the thumb disk is not fully centered, so there is less material to catch opening it right-handed. Otherwise F&F is typical Lionsteel. Lock-up is absolutely solid.

It can be flicked open readily, but requires the right technique (push on the front of the thumb disk, not from underneath), and it's not totally reliable as it's easy for the thumb to glance off (the off-centering on mine may contribute to that).

If this had a wave-style opening and perhaps slightly better blade steel, it would be an ideal mid-length, hard-use folder. Add a 4" clip-point bowie version and it would be the ideal large folder for me.

Hi all, I've finally managed to make me a LionSteel TM1 - CS is perfect, I love every detail, dry lock forceful sound, settings and perfect finish.
A great knife.

2E5497F4E92454294C362E5429494C.jpg

305497F4EB2754294C39305429494E.jpg

Greetings

Back