Looking for my first spyderco. PM2, Delica, Endura

Hmm ok. I just have always not really trusted it but i might have to give it a few more tries. I havent liked it at the start but maybe if i get used to it. Anyways i might pick up a sharpmaker with my spyderco to just tune up the edge. Thanks for the advice. Its good to see another opinion because i have stayed away from it due to what i have seen on youtube and have been thinking i might want to get a kme.

I use both a KME and a Sharpmaker--the KME for reprofiles and total resharpenings, and then the Sharpmaker to set a microbevel and maintain it afterward with minimal effort. They are a great complementary system, though that's admittedly a lot of $$$ for sharpening.

Only thing I don't like the Sharpmaker for is maintaining larger fixed blades and kitchen knives, and I tend to use bench/waterstones for those. The Sharpmaker is, however, awesome for sharpening scissors, secateurs and other odd tools around the house.

My budget is pretty much about 200 bucks

Not a Spyderco but...
I just picked up a ZT 0452cf in s25vn with custom anno from Whitty at USA made blade for $220
94fcf82ca7fa5cf27c38a8f2c9cb0070.jpg
88d5a01e1ba25245a480f19d7bc3dd1a.jpg

Sorry for going slightly off topic.

I've never liked the handle ergonomics of the Delica; I've really come to prefer the 50/50 choil of the Dragonfly and Kiwi4, and I suspect the PM2 would be similar.

I have been looking at the manix 2 a bit more. How would the CTS-XHP knife center one compare to the s110v version.

Alright I think I made my decision. I held the PM2 in hand and did not like it. It felt awkward to hold, it was too big for my hands and was hard to open it due to the side. There is the para 3 but I if I were to get one I would get the sprint run. I also held the delica and the handle was bad for my hands. Just didn't fit. I live about 30 min from the benchmade factory so I went yesterday to see some knives because I love benchmade and all of the ones I held there were amazing. They all fit my hand and I loved it. Also I love how they do there g10. Smooth and grippy. The PM2 G10 was rough on my hands. So I think I might just stay away from spyderco because I just don't think it is the brand for me. (Loved the feel of the benchmade freek, 940, mini grip, CLA)

Alright just got my new knives! Mini Griptilian Doug Ritter (Centering is a bit off and I cant get it to go center..) and a spyderco Manix 2 lw brown cts xhp from knife center!

Alright just got my new knives! Mini Griptilian Doug Ritter (Centering is a bit off and I cant get it to go center..) and a spyderco Manix 2 lw brown cts xhp from knife center!
Two good choices. The xhp Manix 2 is a steal.

Spyderco Stretch 2 Lightweight Knife Black FRN (3.4" Satin) C90PBK2
This LW model also has VG10 steel, and with FRN liners will be a lightweight slicing angel. It will keep a good edge; will NOT rust easily, and carries in your pocket like a charm. Of the various Spydies mentioned so far, this one seems, to me, to be by far the most ergonomic in your hand.
I've had numerous Enduras...a larger knife which seems to go well as cop-gifts...quite heavy-duty capable, longer blade, longer grip.
The Delicas are "nice" smaller pocket knives for smaller hands.
Now, since you live in Oregon and it rains a LOTTT, take a look at the Spyderco Pacific Salt with fully-serrated blade. Our resident fishing guru, Surfingringo, uses this knife for his daily kayak fishing adventures in the waters off South Florida. Even the Spyderco CEO, Sal Glesser, has stated that this knife, with its completely water-proof H1 steel and a fully-serrated blade, will OUTCUT any knife or steel which they have ever produced.
The H1 steel can rest for weeks in salt-water and not be affected. The fully-serrated blade has a very high hardness relative to the rest of the blade, due to the "work-hardening" of the serrations during the process of producing the serrations.
IMO, your BEST CHOICE by far.
This model:
Spyderco C91SYL Pacific Salt Folding Knife 3-13/16" H1 Satin Serrated Blade, Yellow FRN Handles.
I just convinced myself to order one and have it delivered immediately to my grand-daughter. She just started a ten-wk summer university internship, and she is rooming with three other college girls.

Just had a SUDDEN change of plans. I fell into several RAT 1's and I have a nib RAT 1 and RAT 2 in my knife box. Now, since I now have the knives and less cash,
it's likely that I'll send my gd-daughter a RAT 1 and a RAT 2 for the four girls to share in their kitchen during their summer internship. Sometimes...things happen.

Last edited:
Hey C Cameron5237 ...I'm still a relative noob to be pointing out lapses in BF etiquette, but you need to remember...pics or it never happened! :)

I think you made EXCLLENT choices, BTW.

ETA: There is a recent thread on the BM forum about adjusting centering issues. If it's just a little off, personally, I'd just roll with it--but I FULLY understand wanting it to pe perfect too! ;)

Hey C Cameron5237 ...I'm still a relative noob to be pointing out lapses in BF etiquette, but you need to remember...pics or it never happened! :)

I think you made EXCLLENT choices, BTW.

ETA: There is a recent thread on the BM forum about adjusting centering issues. If it's just a little off, personally, I'd just roll with it--but I FULLY understand wanting it to pe perfect too! ;)
Ohh alright I will try to get some pics. What should I use (Noob to BF also)

Also after some use I think I need to buy myself a pm2. I think my spyderco addiction is starting up
I have both the full size griptilian, mini grip and the Para2. All I can say is that the better folder would be the Para2. Firstly, the blade, FFG with a very pointy tip. The grips have a thicker blade but the MDP blade is less suited for food prep due to the blade style and the double thumb studs. Cutting large fruits, e.g. watermelon, the studs do catch while cutting. The Para2 dont have that issue since it has a spydiehole. The Axis lock does have the special springs that can fail. So far on mine its been no issues. IMO the compression lock is more solid compared to the axis lock. On edc, the slimmer profile of the Para2 takes my vote.

Alright update time. I love my manix 2 lw buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt I tried some other spydercos at some stores and just did not like a single one. I love everything about the para2 but the handle just doesn't fit my hand due to the curve in the center sooo thats out of the picture. Well I do like my Manix 2 so I might buy the g10 version someday but I think I will stick to my benchmades. Also I am only like 20-30 min away from the benchmade factory so I can get my benchmades sharpened whenever.

Back