Looking for my first spyderco. PM2, Delica, Endura

Hey! I am new the BladeForums and I want some opinions from people! I really want to get my first spyderco and some people say pm2, some say endura, and others will say delica. Those are really the three I have been looking at. I really like the lock on the PM2 but I just want to know the opinions from others!

Thanks in advanced.

Get the Para 3 and you have a little of each knife and you can carry it EDC ( under 3" blade)
the para 2 is a large blade knife. The para 3 has the same lock release as the para 2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My own preference of the 3 you mention is definitely the Para2. Better lock and better ergos IMO.
I have 1 Delica, 1 Endura and 9 Para2's.

Welcome to BF :)

Para 2 all the way, it's not that big.

ecHCi93h.jpg

Para2 is a great larger knife...
Delica is so awesome if you want a smaller carry, but can do a big job.
I have both and love them for different reasons.

I have all three of these, and have collected PM2's some yrs ago. Definite choice for me would still be the PM2. The Delica appeals to folks who prefer a smaller folder, and the Endura is cheaper than the PM2 but still a highly desirable knife.
The PM2, however, is the Grand Master of Spyderco knives over the last few yrs, and deserves that honor. It is available in MANY different blade-steels for the steel-snobs among us, although the basic S30V works just fine.

IMHO you are looking at 3 great knives so any choice you will make will be great

I think PM2 and Delica are maybe the ones I will take
PM2 if you live in a rural area or if you are looking for one knife to do anything from EDC to whatever else :)
But keep in my that if it has great ergonomics it also has a large handle (which I like)

If you look for a light EDC something more urban that is a little cutting machine, go for the Delica

I prefer the PM2 for being an all around knife but I carry the Delica more often

PM2 or manix 2. Both are fantastic. My favorites of each are the Cru-Wear steel versions, and the LW Manix 2 Maxamet. The Cru-Wear is the most user friendly, and has great toughness. Really though, all of them are great, you can't go wrong.

Of the three you mentioned, my choice would be the PM2...but I prefer the Manix2 over the PM2 (unless/until the PM2 has aftermarket scales).

If it is a choice of the three listed in the OP, I would say last place goes to the Endura, at least for me. I always find the grip confusing. It has the biggest blade of the three. It has two grip positions, The forward grip is comfortable and works as a slicing grip but is too slim for a hammer grip to do heavy work. The rear grip is just weird in my hands. IMHO the Byrd Cara Cara 2 is more more logical.

The PM2 is well designed and the grips are logical. IMHO and the opinion of many others, the cutting edge is very short for the size of the knife. It is one of the highest regarded knives the the Spyderco line and has been tortured in many reviews. It is a great knife with only the opinion of some that the blade is small for the size of the whole package as a thinking point.

The Delica 4 is a great knife with no drawbacks that I can find. As a smaller EDC it will probably suit almost anyone.

Thank you everyone for you responses! After reading these I have one question. If I do go for a PM2 should I get the s30v or m390. I live in Oregon and it rains a lot so the main thing I want in the steel is rust resistance then edge retention second. I also see some people saying manix 2. I have looked at the xhp one on KC but I just hate the looks of the manix 2. Is the manix worth it. But so far I think I will go for a PM2 and if I still have some money to spend I will also try to get a delica because it seems to be a great light carry knife.

Edit: Has anyone tried the Wharncliffe delica 4? If so what are your opinions on it compared to the normal delica 4.

Again thanks for all the reply's. Great way to start my adventure on Blade Forms!

I think for someone first getting into Spydercos in this day and age will be more impressed by and pleased with a PM2 than an Endura or Delica. PM3 if you want somethinf abit smaller. The PM2 just has more modern materials, design and lock. Not that the Endura and the Delictibleca aren't awesome blades in their own right. (insert shameless shill for waved Endura)

Counter Intuitively I think it takes a more experienced Spyderco fan to truely appreciate what amazing knives the Endura and Delica are. That is because they may seem abit lackluster to the uninitiated because of their FRN build. Some people can see what special knives they are right off the bat. No matter what the Endura and particularly the Delica are more comfortable knives in the pocket.

Oh by the way go for m390. "It is highly stain resistant while being surprisingly easy to sharpen due to it not forming an annoying wire edge." (Quoted from Zknives.com's steel app)

If you are prepared to pay the higher price get M390, it's corrosion resistance and edge retention are both superior to S30V.
Also, there is a limited number of them, whereas the S30V version is always there.

The Manix is a great folder. My own preference is for the Para2, and there are many here who will say both are great knives but have a personal preference for one or the other. Go with what looks good to you.

There's no debate, Paramilitary 2. I have an Endura and a Manix 2. I prefer the Para 2 for EDC.

S30v os a good stainless steel
I don't think you will notice much differences with m390 in "simple" rainy environment if it is your concern

M390 is IMHO a far superior steel but it doesn't seem to be "mandatory"

I has s30v and s110v PM2, and m390 knife in other models/brands and never had a rust issue with any of them

As long as you don't mix salt and water and rince/dry your knife before storing it you should not have much problems

If you are fine with the size of PM2 and prefer a slicer, you may want to consider Stretch 2.

Miso

Para 2. I have an Endura and a PM 2, and while they both are great, for an allrounder I prefer the PM2.

The Endura has a thinner blade, and cuts easier, but the para 2 is still good. Para 2 feels like a sturdier, stronger knife too.

Go Para 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back