Looking to add a multi tool to EDC

Check out the Leatherman Free P2, or P4 if you might need a saw blade. I have the P2 and love it - most of the tools can be opened one-handed, including the pliers that can be flipped open almost like a balisong - just nudge it open past the magnet hold, then flip it the rest of the way. All tools lock in place once deployed and are easily unlocked when the job is done. It’s so much fun to use, I actually look for things to use it on. I also have a Bond and a Skeletool, but the Free P2 is by far my favorite multi.

This is the way. Another vote for the Swisschamp. Packs a lot into a little. Runner up is Leatherman original. Tougher but heavier, but the size is great.
I've been toting mine for a little over 2 years now. Had Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery whip up a belt sheath for it. Best move I've made on the multi tool front since I started carrying one on the farm in the 9th grade. The 'champ and my 5 inch knipex are an indispensable part of my daily carry.

Check out the Leatherman Free P2, or P4 if you might need a saw blade. I have the P2 and love it - most of the tools can be opened one-handed, including the pliers that can be flipped open almost like a balisong - just nudge it open past the magnet hold, then flip it the rest of the way. All tools lock in place once deployed and are easily unlocked when the job is done. It’s so much fun to use, I actually look for things to use it on. I also have a Bond and a Skeletool, but the Free P2 is by far my favorite multi.
I’ve never used the Free P2 but have the Free T4 (the non plier versions) and while I don’t hate it. I hardly use it. It’s a solid concept. But it’s big. It’s just a hair smaller/lighter than the Rev I have. Given the option I’d much carry the Rev as it’s the same size but also has pliers.

I still don’t know how I think about the magnetic aspect. Kinda just adds unnecessary weight.

Victorinox Spirit X is my favorite.

Accompanied by a Classic in your jeans' 5th pocket to get the toothpick, tweezers and a spare blade.

The Leatherman Wave is bigger and heavier. It's a good one to have on the hip, as it has the one-handed opening blade, but everything else is nicer on the Spirit.

Gerber Center Drive is also a great one; it has one-handed opening spring-loaded pliers, center axis bit driver that uses standard 1/4" hex bits and some other well thought-out tools, but it's not as well-finished as the Victorinox. It is US-made, though!

Victorinox Spirit X is my favorite.

Accompanied by a Classic in your jeans' 5th pocket to get the toothpick, tweezers and a spare blade.

You might as well go with an Ambassador then. Bigger blade. Bigger scissors. Shorter nail file, but you get the nail cleaner tip which also works on small Phillips screws.

Back