M3 New Fix Blade LionSteel 2013

I have been looking for a new fixie as a camp/back packing knife. This looks to be on the top of my list right now. Can't wait to see some available he in the states...

cant wait to get mine been told they should be here this week great vid wish he would hold the thing instead of twiddling in his hand

I' m considering the M3 in micarta but I don't care for the cordura sheath.
The leather sheath is excellent and keeps the total package to a nice and handy seize. :encouragement:

It would be great if lionsteel would offer a black leather sheath for the black micarta M3.
Imho an unbeatable combination. :eagerness:

(and not requiring a lot of extra tooling or manufacturing processes ;) )

Im glad I've had the chance to see this before purchasing a Fallkniven F1.

If you had a choice between the two, which would you choose?

Lion Steel M3 or Fallkniven F1?

Im glad I've had the chance to see this before purchasing a Fallkniven F1.

If you had a choice between the two, which would you choose?

Lion Steel M3 or Fallkniven F1?

That's a tough choice and although it makes it tougher also consider sheaths, two blade steels for F1 and consider LionSteel M2 as well.

LionSteel M3 has Niolox German tool steel with a 4.25" blade that's 0.2" thick. Great looking wood handles come with leather sheaths only and black micarta in cordura.

LionSteel M2 has D2 tool steel with a 3.54" blade that's 0.157" thick. Again, wood handles come with leather sheaths only and black G10 in cordura.

Fallkniven F1 can be had with 3.8" blade (0.18" thick) of either laminated Japanese 3G or laminated VG-10 steel with a big price differential ($100). Additionally, you do have a choice of either Zytel or leather sheaths and can even get a black cercacoat blade.

I have the Fallkniven F1 VG-10 with Zytel and it's a very comfortable performer. Zytel performs well in freezing conditions.

F1 is about 3 ounces lighter than M3.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a LionSteel M3 with Santos wood handle (not listed in this thread) and leather sheath.

lionsteel-fixed-m3-st-brown.jpg

lionsteel-fixed-m3-st-brown-sheath.jpg

Hi there,

I have the M2. Looking at the M3 and comparing them, is the leather sheath the same as the one supplied with the M2?

thanks.

Gianni, what do you think of a black leather sheath for the micarta M3?

Hi there,
I have the M2. Looking at the M3 and comparing them, is the leather sheath the same as the one supplied with the M2?
thanks.

Yes it is the same design... But of course bigger.

I just saw the leather sheath is a bit redesigned.

m3-ul_1.png

I prefer the old design a bit more, it seems to me it secures the knife tighter in the sheath

1275-1.jpg

The old secure strap do not work well, it could rotate without detaching it and leave the knive comes out.

Can anyone tell me the height of this blade? (edge to spine)

Back