M3 New Fix Blade LionSteel 2013

Yes it is

next to a BRKT Gunny:

M3-4.JPG

next to a mora:

14877198wm.jpg

Neo - Thanks for the great pics. I am a fan of wide blades. How does it feel in the hand? How is the balance? I have XXL hands, and this one looks like it would fit me very well. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Yes it is

next to a BRKT Gunny:

M3-4.JPG

next to a mora:

14877198wm.jpg

It feels great in the hand.
I have small to medium hands and for me there is quite some handle left, quite a difference from the M2
The balance on mine is on the first screw but I have a micarta handled M3
It weighs 13.40 oz. instead of 12.35 oz for the ones with a wooden handle, so I guess the balance of those would be bit more towards the blade.

It feels great in the hand.
I have small to medium hands and for me there is quite some handle left, quite a difference from the M2
The balance on mine is on the first screw but I have a micarta handled M3
It weighs 13.40 oz. instead of 12.35 oz for the ones with a wooden handle, so I guess the balance of those would be bit more towards the blade.

Thanks Neo. I am checking with a retail seller here to see if the ones he has, have the new style sheath. I an trying to figure out which handle material to buy.

Gianni,

Why did you go with Niolox instead of Sleipner on the M3? Seems like such a fixed blade knife would be perfect for Sleipner just like my Knife Research Legion?

Gianni,

Why did you go with Niolox instead of Sleipner on the M3? Seems like such a fixed blade knife would be perfect for Sleipner just like my Knife Research Legion?
The only reason is that it is difficult find the Sleipner. I am going to close an agreement with Uddeholm. They will make special thickness only for LionSteel. As soon as I have enought material I will use Sleipner like my first blade's steel.

I just got mine in olive wood and this thing is monolithic. It seems to exude quality. Where can I order the g10 scales if I don't want to mar the olive wood in the field?

Nice would be a sheath near like this in the future. I like to wear it horizontaly. Have a look at the pictures

Last edited:
Dear Sirs,

I come to this forum after I bought M3 . It is not easy to buy for me knife with proper length of handle as my hands are large. I am looking for some chemistry at Internet shops for my shot guns and found this knife . I bought it as Chrismas gift for myself.As afterword we have a long holidays here at Russia I start to lean more about this my new knife and really was surprised that for hunting knife producer selected steel which himself put to last number in range of steels he use for the knifes.This knife is real knife for the hunting in number of the rest in manufacturing programm of Lion steel and really I feel like a looser that I will use a knife with lowest properties of steel that it could be from producer range. And corrosion properties is nothing in this case as mostly important all an other data of seel for the knife.
Please tell me in what respect am wrong as you was guided by anything you made a decision to produce this knife from this steel ?
Beside of the steel problems it is very comfortably placed in hand and look as very good product.

Last edited:
Back