Makers: Post pics of your knives.

Here's a shot of mine.

56OjE4J.jpg

So somehow I just realized this thread was in the kitchen section. I apologize for posting all my knives on here. I honestly thought it was just a general thread. I'll keep it to kitchen cutlery from now on. I'm not the sharpest knife sometimes lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AEB-L at 61rc and stabilized figured maple. I would love to see more folks in this sub forum. I feel like there is a ton of interest in kitchen cutlery yet not much talk about it.

I love curly maple. It's one of my favourite woods.

Very nice knife. :thumbup:

I love curly maple. It's one of my favourite woods.

Very nice knife. :thumbup:
Thanks bud! I love it too and it's pretty easy to work. I got a couple blocks from Ben Greenberg. They are thick enough that I can cut them into 3 scales. I use 2 for a chefs knife and one will do one of my bird & trout knives. I like Blackwood, cocobolo and ironwood but they clog belts and take forever to shape. I did a small skinner this morning in cocobolo with orange liners and it took 2 belts to get it rough profiled. I've done a couple chefs and a bird & trout with the same belts. It's worth the money for sure.

AEB-L at 61rc and stabilized figured maple. I would love to see more folks in this sub forum. I feel like there is a ton of interest in kitchen cutlery yet not much talk about it.

This is a beautiful well designed knife! Well done sir!

Got a my first w2 blade finished, 180mm blade about 34mm wide. 3mm thick with full distal taper. Handle is Ironwood, copper, black g10 with buckeye burl and a carbon fiber pin. This was a fully custom build and is destined for primarily trimming proteins.
gVIkbfw.jpg
boaymMo.jpg

Got a my first w2 blade finished, 180mm blade about 34mm wide. 3mm thick with full distal taper. Handle is Ironwood, copper, black g10 with buckeye burl and a carbon fiber pin. This was a fully custom build and is destined for primarily trimming proteins.
gVIkbfw.jpg
boaymMo.jpg
Nice work timos! That knife just looks like it'd be fun to use.

Managed to get a lot done this weekend. Finished this chef, fillet, and two drop points. I'll post pictures of the fillet as I think it's kitchen-ish.
Chef in AEB-L and ironwood with Westinghouse micarta liners.
cd5832db146910d8a4b93760d26203a6.jpg

8" fillet in AEB-L and black dyed curly maple
9792473a1ed8a56dcf17983faf8c6c77.jpg

Managed to get a lot done this weekend. Finished this chef, fillet, and two drop points. I'll post pictures of the fillet as I think it's kitchen-ish.
Chef in AEB-L and ironwood with Westinghouse micarta liners.
cd5832db146910d8a4b93760d26203a6.jpg

8" fillet in AEB-L and black dyed curly maple
9792473a1ed8a56dcf17983faf8c6c77.jpg

These are SEXY!!

Finished these two up this weekend. .070 Aeb-l, 4 1/2" blade and 9 " overall. One with ironwood and one with redwood burl with red G10 liners.
be778427ada671322e0258406f33d5a5.jpg
7c6ae4be172bcc7e0abf98343a418ea1.jpg

Horrible photo but here we have a 255mm gyuto in W2, bog oak, nickel silver and cocobolo, Full distal taper on this one...built entirely to customer spec.

HkHF0t9.png

QdlbYYy.jpg

Back