Mud Turtle Passaround

All these food pictures are making me hungry. The sad part is I can't seem to taste anything, probably because of the medications.

As my time with the Mud Turtle comes to an end, today I got out and did a little "twig-mangling" - and broke down a couple cardboard boxes, cutting a piece to lay under my leaking John Deere tractor, and then relaxed after getting my yard work completed by putting a nice sharp edge on the knife with my DMT Dia-Fold.

I also did a mild buffing by hand with a scotchbrite pad to clean it up for the next passaround participant.

I will gather my notes and post a proper review later.

I very much appreciate being allowed to share in the passaround and have opportunity to handle yet another great JK Knife and custom design!

Earlier I chopped through some choke-cherry branches that were a little larger in diameter than the MT is tall - no problem.

IMG_20170409_164432188_HDR.jpg

While not designed as a chopper, the length of the knife allows for what I call a "smaller knife chopping grip" where you choke out on the end of the handle to provide more inertial energy to be transmitted to the chop. You could do some light chopping in a "must do" situation.

I did a little carving. The MT will do what you need, it is a little larger than your typical woods companion knife, but not so much as to be a bother.

Push and draw cuts are made with ease, and the knife's edge did not show any chipping or rolling in any of the chopping or carving, even when I was specifically going after knots.

IMG_20170409_170140228_HDR.jpg

I ended the work officially on some boxes, and cut up a well-worn piece of cardboard from a medium duty shipping container so I could have a diaper-mat for the dripping Briggs in my "big box store" version of a JD lawn tractor. I wish the tractor was as well built as the Mud Turtle!

IMG_20170409_170348168_HDR.jpg

Thanks for allowing me in the Passaround, and send me the next lucky participant's address and the MT will be on it's way, all sharp and clean and ready for more!

best

mqqn

Awesome reviews man! Thanks for participating.

I sent kysteve a message for the next shipping address.

Sadly for me - the Mud Turtle has been sent on it's way to Kentucky.

Tracking link.

Thanks again for allowing me in the pass around!

best

mqqn

That was fast - dropped the MT off at the post office on Friday at lunch time, and it arrived at it's new (temporary) Kentucky Home on Saturday!

Pretty good service from the USPS if you ask me.

best

mqqn

GOT THE MT,DUE TO WORK I AM NOT GETTING TO ENJOY IT AS I WOULD LIKE TO,SO IF THE NEXT PERSON IN LINE COULD SEND MAILING ADDRESS I WILL GET IT MAILED OUT TO THEM,DONT GET ME WRONG I AM PLANNING TO HAVE MY OWN AFTER MY DAUGHTERS KNIFE ,NO THE KEPTHART IS AFTER THAT SO IT WILL BE A COUPLE DOWN THE LINE,THANKS FOR INCLUDING ME IN THE PASSAROUND,IT IS A AWSOME KNIFE,A SPECIAL THANKS TO HEEFAGELA FOR SENDING HIS ON TOUR.HAVE A GREAT DAY. ..STEVE

Not a problem Steve. Work sucks sometimes, but thats what pays for the knives! Keep up the good work.

Send the next address. In line and I will get the my mailed,sorry for the short msg I will have more time later. Thanks everyone. Steve

I sent him a message last week and he said he would touch base with you. Ill write him again tomorrow and see whats up.

I bet work is taking everybodys time! Our granite business has been open for about 10 years and right now we are the busiest we've ever been.

I sent my address to kysteve a couple weeks ago because I don't get on here as often as I'd like.
Sent it again this past Monday, and again about two minutes ago.

It appears that...

I emailed kysteve your info, he confirmed he got it and will ship tonight.

sorry all but the knife got on the move yesterday,its in route to westminster ,md,didnt get to do any thing with it ,but the 2 other jk knives we have i know it could withstand any thing you put it up aginst,i have a knife on order for daughter ,it should be ready in the next week or so then its my turn again,iv had a kephart on my mind for a while then it will be a mt unless my neice sees my daughters knife and then ill have to put another between my next two.thanks goes to heefageLA for the passaround,and to the whole JK ARMY,GREAT GANG ..steve

Mud Turtle arrived safe and sound yesterday.
I probably won't have time to play with it outside until Friday or Saturday.

Just sent a PM to 3fifty7 for his address so I can pass along the knife.
Will post my thoughts some time in the next couple days.
Thanks for letting me participate.

Thanks for the update.

Looks like the 'ol MT is going to come full circle right back to Louisiana!

Back