Mug Shots

Last vacation in the blackforest. Unshaved, badly in need of a haircut. :D

p1010205dt4.jpg

More Canucks posting...

KGD - this is your life (well I just scanned in a bunch of shots today and thought I throw some up). At 38 years of age, in my day it wasn't so fashionable to raise children on breast milk. So like many Canadians my age I was bottle fed:

image0-5.jpg

At age of 5 I found a passion for pistols and wide brimmed hats, but still wasn't weaned from the bottle yet. I did however, graduate from Canadian Lager to Labatt's Blue. (I'm the shorter one)

image0-4.jpg

I still like wide brimmed hats.

image0-29.jpg

My first winter overnight winter camping trip when I was 17. I'm the goof in the blue hat.

image0-48.jpg

Really, they just took me along because I would cut up all the firewood.

image0.jpg

In the eighties you could get away with wearing red pants.

image0-14.jpg

I'm not in this shot - but these guys were my outdoor's mentors...

image0-49.jpg

Self portrait - solo camping in Riding Mountain, Manitoba (1997)

image0-41.jpg

Another youngish skinnier self - 1998:

image0-2.jpg

Present day - sliding towards elder status

DSC_0076.jpg

AWESOME! that was really cool..thanks. Gene

HighDesert, thank you but see all that red piping? That means I work for a living. Thus, no "sirs." :p Also I'm not in anymore, but thank you for thanking me; I just did my job was all.

HighDesert, thank you but see all that red piping? That means I work for a living. Thus, no "sirs." :p Also I'm not in anymore, but thank you for thanking me; I just did my job was all.

I realized you're not in anymore feday. The term "sir" was just intended as a gesture of respect for service rendered. Semper Fi :thumbup:

Haha, nice to see everyone's faces. I'll post up some mug shots once I get some outdoor shots.

old. Old? OLD! Heck I'm still scraping dinosaur sh-t off my feet.
67years Feb. 2008.
Yea I know no pix yet still tryin to figger it out.
Enjoy the weekend.

old. Old? OLD! Heck I'm still scraping dinosaur sh-t off my feet.
67years Feb. 2008.
Yea I know no pix yet still tryin to figger it out.
Enjoy the weekend.

You win the oldest WSS member award Swoop! :thumbup: Feel free to post your pic whenever you figure it out. You just barely edged me out. My boots only have woolly mammoth and saber tooth cat poop on them. Nothing at all from the Cretaceous period. :D

Email or PM your mailing address to me and I'll get this mora in the mail to you. It's the #S-1 by Frosts on Ragnar's site. The blade is laminated carbon steel, and has an RC hardness of 61-62. I've never used it for anything except slicing paper, but I have sharpened it a bit to refine the edge.

Congratulations! ;)

Unbeleivagable!! Becoming a member of this community is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. This Old Dog has learnt new tricks.
Fire starters using PJ&cotton balls inside plastic straws. All the different grinds that can be put on a knife’s edge. How to strop a concave blade on sandpaper and magazine covers. The unbiased gear and knife reviews. Lots more.

THANKS - HighDesertWalker for the knife. Thanks Brian for moderating the Forum and thanks to all the members of this community for your ideas and your humor.

Unbeleivagable!! Becoming a member of this community is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. This Old Dog has learnt new tricks.
Fire starters using PJ&cotton balls inside plastic straws. All the different grinds that can be put on a knife’s edge. How to strop a concave blade on sandpaper and magazine covers. The unbiased gear and knife reviews. Lots more.

THANKS - HighDesertWalker for the knife. Thanks Brian for moderating the Forum and thanks to all the members of this community for your ideas and your humor.

right on swoop...:thumbup: glad to have you here...

this forum is a wealth of information and is also inhabited by some great individuals...:D

Shipped out Priority Mail this morning. You may have it by Saturday. ;)

I got the getting older knife from HighDesertWalker. Now I see for myself how sharp these knives are. I practiced making fuzz sticks from some birch. The shavings were so thin that they only had one side. Bill -Thank you for the knife.

I got the getting older knife from HighDesertWalker. Now I see for myself how sharp these knives are. I practiced making fuzz sticks from some birch. The shavings were so thin that they only had one side. Bill -Thank you for the knife.

You bet Swoop. Glad I found a good home for that puppy. :p

Back