Nessmuk Group Buy - Steel Has Been Ordered

You folks are dangerous...
I came here after a Kephart (which I hope will happen anyway) but this Nessmuk path is slippery :rolleyes:
3V, 4V, Shadetree micarta...:eek:

:cool:

I am sure that the Kephart will come eventually. I want to do a version of several "Traditional" fixed blades in modern steels and handle scales.
I think the next traditional will be a Canadian Belt Knife though, I have already had several requests for that knife.

Nor for this knife, It will be what I would consider "Big Chris Style".
I am shooting for 9" OAL with a 4.5" Blade
Blade Flats will be Textured
Grind will be Flat
Height will be very high
Grinds will be belt finished
Heat Treat will be by me to 60-61 Rc with a Dry Ice Sub Zero Quench
Each knife will come with a Black Pancake Kydex, Large Tek-Lok Compatible

Let me know if there are any details I am leaving out that you would like to know.

You folks are dangerous...
I came here after a Kephart (which I hope will happen anyway) but this Nessmuk path is slippery :rolleyes:
3V, 4V, Shadetree micarta...:eek:

:cool:

Agreed! I found this thread (and site) looking for a Canadian Belt knife in different steel than the originals, and now I'm interested in the Nessmuk too. I'll be looking forward to the upcoming (hopefully!) Canadian GB.

I plan on getting all three traditionals, the Nessmuk, Canadian Belt knife and a Kephart. It will become my trinity of Big Chris knives. This trio will be a perfect outdoor knife set for me.

Certainly interested in the nessmuk with 4V. Any idea of pricing?

I am really glad that so many seem to have an interest in this.

Getting me excited as well.

You already know I'll be waiting on 4v Chris. Lol but if I can sweet talk my wife I can get both. Idk that might cost me more than the knives. Does anyone know if canvas micarta has more grip than linen?

You already know I'll be waiting on 4v Chris. Lol but if I can sweet talk my wife I can get both. Idk that might cost me more than the knives. Does anyone know if canvas micarta has more grip than linen?

Just an opinion, but I would think canvas would offer more grip than linen. Especially if you roughed it up a bit with some sandpaper to expose the fibers.

Can you tough up linen too and will it scratch your tang and bolster pins? Thanks for the info. One thing more does the shade tree micarta offer more grip or just a different pattern?

Can you tough up linen too?

Yes, in general micarta is easily modifiable and accepts the texturing of different abrasives. That kind of stuff is discussed in depth in the “maintenance tinkering and embellishment” subforum. Lots of info there. All in all, even smooth linen micarta has plenty of grip. It’s a “feel” that people are looking for.

Back