New Buck 110 LT

Thanks. That looks secure yet easy to access. I'll check that maker out. Maybe they offer or make that in a horizontal carry?

I just pre-ordered one. Will they like the old Bucklite 110/112s from the late 1980s?
The picture in post 156 above shows 2 Bucklites next to the 110 LT. The riveted Bucklite has no lanyard hole. The black Bucklite has a lanyard on the spine side of the knife. The 110 LT has a lanyard hole on the slot side of the handle. The 110 LT handle is made of mineral (fiber glass) filled Nylon as opposed to the Valox handles of the Bucklites. I have done a little drilling and tapping on a 110 LT handle, and the mineral content does not seem to be very high. Also no finger grooves on the 110 LT.

I believe the 112 is a summer release. Not sure about new colors yet. We usually add those after the black has been in the marketplace for awhile. The gentleman in the video is right about the play. The plastic bodies do not hold as tight of a tolerance, and since when we rivet them not press them, there is a tolerance between the size of the rivet shank and the hole it goes into. If you feel it is excessive, we will take care of it. This goes for up/down or side to side.

Jeff

forgot to add that the 2.1 oz was a mistake and we have updated our materials. 3.2 oz is the correct weight. Thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

Jef

I believe the 112 is a summer release. Not sure about new colors yet. We usually add those after the black has been in the marketplace for awhile. The gentleman in the video is right about the play. The plastic bodies do not hold as tight of a tolerance, and since when we rivet them not press them, there is a tolerance between the size of the rivet shank and the hole it goes into. If you feel it is excessive, we will take care of it. This goes for up/down or side to side.

Jeff
Any chance of ever getting an adjustable pivot on these? That could at least take care of any side to side play and would mean less trips back to the factory. It looks like it wouldn’t be that difficult and appears it would be a win for all concerned.

Any chance of ever getting an adjustable pivot on these? That could at least take care of any side to side play and would mean less trips back to the factory. It looks like it wouldn’t be that difficult and appears it would be a win for all concerned.
The way that the knife is constructed, a pivot screw would compress the handles against the pivot bushing not the blade. If the bushing was too long, the blade would have side play and no amount of screw tightening would fix it. If the bushing was too short, loosening the pivot screw would allow the blade to swing, but the bushing would revolve around the pivot screw with the blade. Not a good thing.
The ideal situation is to have a bushing that is very slightly longer than the blade is thick. The blade can then swing around an immobilized bushing but not be impeded by friction from the handle slabs. Eliminating side play depends upon flat parallel surfaces on the blade and the handle.

My arrived today. Do they all have a hump at the back of the blade, and the front of the back spring?

I'm tempted if they make it to these shores

would be even more so if they ever make the 55 too

For the price point I really like mine, although mine has zero play either way, and snaps open with authority,lol, I got mine for every day carry and the 110 pro for hunting, ended up doing just the opposite after fellow forum members convinced me the Pro should be used and not admired,I figure if I lose the LT while hunting I'm not out a lot of money.

First off I just came from the Buck.com site.
GREAT JOB !
Has the info I look for.
Other manufacturer web sites often don't and I wind up going to quality online vendors who know what their customers want to know and list lots of info.

The question I have is : is the handle hollowed out or is it solid nylon ?
Also I read here that early on people thought there were steel liners; there isn't right ?

What is the consensus; is this the type of plastic handle that feels robust and will be really solid and long lasting with moderate use or is it the kind of plastic that tends to get more brittle over time and crack if you look at it sternly ?

Last edited:
First off I just came from the Buck.com site.
GREAT JOB !
Has the info I look for.
Other manufacturer web sites often don't and I wind up going to quality online vendors who know what their customers want to know and list lots of info.

The question I have is : is the handle hollowed out or is it solid nylon ?
Also I read here that early on people thought there were steel liners; there isn't right ?

What is the consensus; is this the type of plastic handle that feels robust and will be really solid and long lasting with moderate use or is it the kind of plastic that tends to get more brittle over time and crack if you look at it sternly ?

The handle is made out of glass filled Nylon. Same material we used on the original BuckLite series. We occasionally get those in for repair and the plastic is not brittle at all. Full thickness handles no pockets. No steel liners, plastic is strong enough without them.

I hope this helps.

Back