NEW SOFTWARE & SERVER UPGRADE: Task List, bug reports, monitor this thread

Mods, are you seeing that if you double click on a thread envelope in the main threads listing pages, it locks the threads?

Yep. Works for non-mod OP's as well.

On a side note, I can now post an announcement without having to wade through the Mod CP as well, which is awesome. If we had that before, I never could find it.

Random minor request: I'm not sure if it's that I upgraded to Firefox 4.0 or the server software upgrade, but it used to be that I could tell by color which threads I had EVER read/clicked on, which was really handy for things like the gallery, where I'm interested in reading new threads but not new comments. Is this by design, something being worked on, or just incredibly low on the priority list?

New threads & new comments are unfortunately the same thing: unread.

Huh, thanks. I had figured it was something in the clicked-links handling/style-sheets, but oh well. Thanks for doing what you do!

I'll ask again: Is there any way to increase the font size for usernames? :) Or is this non-adjustable? :(

Everything else is becoming 'norm'.

BTW, I actually liked the slight yellow tone change in the title bar before. That's me.

Coop

If there is a specific feedback thread for the search function, I couldn't find it, so I'll post this here. Two things about the search function: I noticed it no longer allows you to search for threads started by a certain user name, which was a handy feature in the old search. And it also seem to not allow searching in a specific forum, which was also very useful

Huh? The layout of the Advanced Search page is different, but the fields for username and forum are still there. There are tools we didn't have before too.

If there is a specific feedback thread for the search function, I couldn't find it, so I'll post this here. Two things about the search function: I noticed it no longer allows you to search for threads started by a certain user name, which was a handy feature in the old search. And it also seem to not allow searching in a specific forum, which was also very useful

User specific searching is in the middle of the "Search for" section. To search a specific forum, it's a bit different. There are two tabs on the advanced search page at the top of the form. Click "Search Single Content Type" to get the forum selection box to show up.

Yeah, I just realized my search function was set to multiple content types by default, so I wasn't seeing the options that show up under singled content type. Thanks

Took me 5 minutes to get here. I'm holding out hope that Blade Forums will get back to normal. Has been my favorite forum. But this sucks right now!

Still by far my favorite forum! I love the new look/features, and I don't mind to sacrifice a few days for it! Your doing great Spark! Keep up the good work!

Minor cosmetic issue I've noticed:

I'm seeing the 'vBulletin' logo, where the BladeForums logo used to be, at the top of the page. This appeared to happen in transition, the other day when I was logged in. One moment, everything looked normal. Then I moved to another page in the forum, and the BF logo was not there anymore (replaced by the vBulletin logo).

This might be related to browser (I'm normally using Firefox 4). I recently tried out a new version of IE9, and the 'normal' BF logo is present when viewed from that browser.

Everything else seems fine, to me. Thanks to all, for the work you've put into this upgrade.

Minor cosmetic issue I've noticed:

I'm seeing the 'vBulletin' logo, where the BladeForums logo used to be, at the top of the page. This appeared to happen in transition, the other day when I was logged in. One moment, everything looked normal. Then I moved to another page in the forum, and the BF logo was not there anymore (replaced by the vBulletin logo).

This might be related to browser (I'm normally using Firefox 4). I recently tried out a new version of IE9, and the 'normal' BF logo is present when viewed from that browser.

Everything else seems fine, to me. Thanks to all, for the work you've put into this upgrade.

I think it's your browser. I'm using FF4 and I get the vBulletin logo on the standard theme and the Bladeforums logo on the "Grey" theme. Clearing the cache does nothing. Everything is fine in Opera though.

I can't seem to find the user cp. Did it get moved?

It's now called Settings. :) Look at the very top of the page, right hand corner for the link.
ETA: It's also on the second bar down, under the logo, left side... click Forum actions > select General Settings from the drop down menu.

It's now called Settings. :) Look at the very top of the page, right hand corner for the link.
ETA: It's also on the second bar down, under the logo, left side... click Forum actions > select General Settings from the drop down menu.

Ah, got it. Thanks!!! :)

User Interface>

Forum Color Schemes / Themes - PENDING, need more feedback (Dark theme uploaded)

Is there some in between choices somewhere between real light and pitch black? Something with more shading and more borders? To me, and I like this forum a lot, more eye pleasing. I like the new interface, and making posts is easy and intuitive, navigation is OK (I still like the way the old version had the category titles all across the top, with pull down menus for each sub-forum), but it seems like the overall look needs more contrast.

Functionality trumps cosmetics, but I would like to see what kinds of "Look" might be available. If one googles "vbulletin themes" or "Vbulletin skins" there are a lot of ideas to look at.

I don't know how easy it is to apply/integrate themes, skins, or styles, or if it is possible to offer different choices so a user can choose what they like best. I know there is not just one "look" that every member would approve.

Last edited:
Help, I am on my wife's HP laptop because my iMac desktop is unable to open threads! Since the changeover I can access the home page, but when I try to click on a thread all I get is 'Fail to connect to web server'. Since I have no problem with other sites there is something in the new 'upgrade' which does not like my Mac :(

I think it's your browser. I'm using FF4 and I get the vBulletin logo on the standard theme and the Bladeforums logo on the "Grey" theme. Clearing the cache does nothing. Everything is fine in Opera though.

That's curious. Guess I'll play with the themes a bit, see what happens.

Thanks.

Back