New ZT0550 Thread !!!

Yeah it seems like this will be the same thread just created new......everyones restless and bored they want the darn knife!

Yeah it seems like this will be the same thread just created new......everyones restless and bored they want the darn knife!
I'm even having nightmares that I might have been left off the list for some odd reason:eek:.

Afraid we will all need to be patient a little longer, it did not happen today, I will try to get more info on Monday. Rest assured , everyone is doing what they can to make this happen , and when it does , it will be great, so just relax and enjoy the weekend. Spend some time with your family and have a great weekend. :thumbup:

Dave

Afraid we will all need to be patient a little longer, it did not happen today, I will try to get more info on Monday. Rest assured , everyone is doing what they can to make this happen , and when it does , it will be great, so just relax and enjoy the weekend. Spend some time with your family and have a great weekend. :thumbup:

Dave

Ah yes, some words of wisdom break through the clouds!!:D Relax and have a good weekend all you ZT lovers!!:thumbup:

It will come. That was a great death chat/mega thread. Probably historic but it was getting a little much to look through. If it is possible to post the FAQ at the top of this thread that would be awesome.

Would using "ZT 0551" in the title be more appropriate since that is the model currently being released? I also wonder if it would be possible to make this thread a temporary sticky so people don't feel compelled to bump it umpteen times a day with nothing useful to add. :p

Just a thought.

0551 FAQs

Can't remember if it was done it the last thread but either way lets hear it......

How are you going to pimp your 0551?

I'm thinking of flaming the Ti as long as it doesn't hurt anything and a carbon fiber or two tone G10 handle, nicely sculped of course. Maybe a trip to STR for a custom Ti clip.

Wow, I must have been under a rock or something. I saw the first thread when it was at two pages and thought the handles were too bulky for my tastes, And the blade is longer than what I prefer .
I had no idea it was so popular. Even at $250! Is it that R. Hinderer had a hand in the production? Or the steel?

Rick had part in the design, its actually his "camp knife" IIRC

bolher (spelling?) produced the Elmax steel, real good stuff too.

In best nasally Ben Stein voice, "Bohler?.......Bohler?........Bohler?

I love the Elmax I've used so far, like on the composite ZT 0350:thumbup: I'm also waiting on my first knife with Bohler Elmax to come back from Peters Heat Treat and can't wait to finish the blade up and put it to some use.

Bohler is also producing D2 tool steel, and I have some of that in the works also. Kudos to bringing Bohler's steels to the forefront, very good stuff.

Kershaw's been pretty good at bringing us some newer steels just gaining entry into the US at a production level. The 390 is great, but I've found the elmax to be a great steel too. It sure takes a sharp edge, and seems to hold it pretty well. Better than S30V at the usual RC 59 IMO.

Not overall , all day cutting dirty carpet wear resistance but higher edge stability and thinner edges than the higher vanadium steels seem to have. I can tell a difference between Elmax at 3%, and S30V and M390 at 4% +.

Another right tool for the right job for the toolbox.

The Vanax 35 and especially 75 are so new to me that I have no idea what to expect other than likely huge wear resistance, excellent corrosion, etc. Really looking forward to these.

Then there's the designs. I can't wait!

Back