Old Friends Friday

This Electrician is a survivor. If it could talk, oh the stories it could tell. 🤔

DumQS3u.jpg
One of my favourite SAKs :) Nice pic James :cool: :thumbsup:
Early flea market find.
tUuK55q.jpg
Great score Jer :) :thumbsup:

Got this Old Friend with me today, my 2017 Guardians SFO :thumbsup:

q2FPLY5.jpg

I've had this old friend for over 30 years. Edited to add....(Ooops, forgot I posted the same barlow back in July)
View attachment 2386248
Nothing wrong with that Dave, it's a great-looking Barlow of a nice vintage :) :thumbsup:
t734ebK.jpg

t734ebK.jpg)
img
bGzowi1.jpg)
bGzowi1.jpg

3.75" closed.
No idea where or when I got it.
That's a beauty Jer :cool: I'm afraid that I can't remember where or when I got a lot of my knives :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
It took owning one to discover how great the Muskrat pattern really is and now this one is definitely a good Old Friend.

OD88v9e.jpg
That's a nice one James, cool pic too :) Hope about this one, it's certainly been someone's Old Friend?! :D :thumbsup:

3iULgoS.jpg

I'm carrying this old Ankermesser today, which I think has bags of character :) It was a birthday gift, about 10 years ago, from an old friend ;) I have always enjoyed carrying it, but it's been a while. No name on the tang unfortunately, (maybe there was an etch), but the steel is great :cool: :thumbsup:

p65Sh9G.jpg

That's a nice one James, cool pic too :) Hope about this one, it's certainly been someone's Old Friend?! :D :thumbsup:

3iULgoS.jpg

I'm carrying this old Ankermesser today, which I think has bags of character :) It was a birthday gift, about 10 years ago, from an old friend ;) I have always enjoyed carrying it, but it's been a while. No name on the tang unfortunately, (maybe there was an etch), but the steel is great :cool: :thumbsup:

p65Sh9G.jpg
Thanks Jack your rope knife is a beaut. The attractive wood, the ageing around the pins and that wonderful brass shield give it, as you say, bags of character. :thumbsup:
I was assembling a few choice Schrades and didn't have a Muskrat. When I added one to the collection I loved it's size, blade shape and ergos so much I sought out a second one. They're both so good I don't want to be without one.

Sorry for the late replies fellers, I was working like a maniac last Friday. I remember seeing these posts, but it must have been on my phone, and I forgot to reply later (thought I had) :(
Carrying this old Friend today

SW Cattle Junior

View attachment 2394647
Really nice Steve :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack your rope knife is a beaut. The attractive wood, the ageing around the pins and that wonderful brass shield give it, as you say, bags of character. :thumbsup:
I was assembling a few choice Schrades and didn't have a Muskrat. When I added one to the collection I loved it's size, blade shape and ergos so much I sought out a second one. They're both so good I don't want to be without one.
Thank you very much James, mine was a gift from V VanGuard , if you remember him :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! Another old friend that happens to be a Barlow 😁
Hope you have a great weekend! 👍
View attachment 2394754
Thanks Dave, that's special :cool: I hope you had a great Thanksgiving :) :thumbsup:

Winter brings big pockets! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Tyson A Wright Tyson A Wright :) :thumbsup:

R19mhfV.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Sorry, I don't remember Van Guard. Looking at his profile he was only active for about a minute week.
To have gifted you a nice Schrade like that Muskrat you must have made a good impression on him and he must have been a generous fellow.

BTW nice 110, one of the iconic Bucks. A true necessity in any serious collection. :thumbsup:

Here's another of Buck's icons. The 55... half the 110 but a well used and greatly appreciated dear old pocket-able friend.
Buck has been making their tried and true winners for quite sometime. :)

4HteFSI.jpg

The AG Russell bird and trout is the old friend. I asked for it for Christmas ages ago. (And got it.)
Now it was a totally new idea in 1994, though back then it was a return to the old days when hunting knives were made for cutting, rather than prying and chopping.
7LhUQqm.jpg

It seems to me a little reminiscent of this older Hammer Brand and its ilk.

I wonder if Goldie will revive the whitetail.

Jack Black Jack Black - Sorry, I don't remember Van Guard. Looking at his profile he was only active for about a minute week.
To have gifted you a nice Schrade like that Muskrat you must have made a good impression on him and he must have been a generous fellow.

BTW nice 110, one of the iconic Bucks. A true necessity in any serious collection. :thumbsup:

Here's another of Buck's icons. The 55... half the 110 but a well used and greatly appreciated dear old pocket-able friend.
Buck has been making their tried and true winners for quite sometime. :)

4HteFSI.jpg
Thank you James, the Buck 55s are cool :) Vanguard was a very nice feller (his son was briefly a member here too). He contacted me to see if I could get hold of a particular type of trench lighter for him (by the time I found one, he'd stopped posting), and then his son was after a British Army clasp knife, and anything else military-related. I sent them a package out, and also spent a day at the Royal Armouries museum, taking some photos for his son. Around the same time, I won a nice 4-line Camillus in a giveaway he did, and when he sent it over, he included the Muskrat. It's pretty worn-out, and he said he wasn't sure whether or not to send it, but I'm glad he did :) I often wonder about old posters, and hope they'll come back :) I still hope Stephen Old & In The Way Old & In The Way will come back sometime :) :thumbsup:
Great pic of a Classic !
Thank you Steve :) :thumbsup:
The AG Russell bird and trout is the old friend. I asked for it for Christmas ages ago. (And got it.)
Now it was a totally new idea in 1994, though back then it was a return to the old days when hunting knives were made for cutting, rather than prying and chopping.
7LhUQqm.jpg

It seems to me a little reminiscent of this older Hammer Brand and its ilk.

I wonder if Goldie will revive the whitetail.
Brilliant Jer :cool: :thumbsup:

Back