Old Friends Friday

QIbrXxP.jpg

A.W. Wadsworth.

QIbrXxP.jpg

A.W. Wadsworth.
Very cool Jer :cool: :thumbsup:
A well seasoned Robeson with an ultra sharp blade, great snap and no wobble makes this a good old friend.

B7Ea4on.jpg
It's a beauty James :) :thumbsup:
For Old Friends and Black Fridays I've put RALF back in the pocket.

xWvYFdu.jpg
Always great to see RALF :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thanks my friend, I did have a great Thanksgiving with family and it was my granddaughters first 👍😁

View attachment 2409672
Fantastic :) Love your Old Friend Dave :) :thumbsup:

I was away on Friday, and managed to sprain my ankle, but I was carrying this Old Friend, my Vic Electrician, which used to go in my bag everyday :) :thumbsup:

NIEumAx.jpg

Thanks Jack. Anything bare-head and ebony gets my attention, if it's pushin' 100 it becomes nearly irresistible. ;)
You may have noticed I've pretty much gone over to the Victorinox side lately and Electricians are Alox aristocracy. :cool:
Heal quickly my friend.

Thanks Jack. Anything bare-head and ebony gets my attention, if it's pushin' 100 it becomes nearly irresistible. ;)
You may have noticed I've pretty much gone over to the Victorinox side lately and Electricians are Alox aristocracy. :cool:
Heal quickly my friend.
You have great taste James, thanks for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

This one is a few years old to me, and partakes of the ancient tradition of trying to find one just like the one I traded away when I'd shaken the Cub Scout dust off my sandals.
0Y3T23A.jpg

Near mint without box.
It has the long screwdriver I generally prefer for its enablement of light prying without stressing the joint.
HplWCbP.jpg

I have an affinity toward well made 3.25" folders. :thumbsup:
Back in the late 60's Case made this one well because even though it is used, it's still in very good condition. :cool:

x8QywmR.jpg

Which is my idea of a good Old Friend. :)
REally nice James :) Great pic too :) :thumbsup:
This one is a few years old to me, and partakes of the ancient tradition of trying to find one just like the one I traded away when I'd shaken the Cub Scout dust off my sandals.
0Y3T23A.jpg

Near mint without box.
It has the long screwdriver I generally prefer for its enablement of light prying without stressing the joint.
HplWCbP.jpg
I know that tradition Jer! :D :thumbsup:

Got this forum knife today, might have been the first I bought :) :thumbsup:

9ueHonZ.jpg

Thanks Jack. :thumbsup: Think I'll let the folks over at "What Trad. are you Totin. Today" thread see my Old Friend.
If the 2014 was the first Forum knife that you bought, you without any doubt IMO, started with the very best. :cool:
It was my first and still is my favorite.

Last edited:
Thanks Jack. :thumbsup: Think I'll let the folks over at "What Trad. are you Totin. Today" thread see my Old Friend.
If the 2014 was the first Forum knife that you bought, you without any doubt IMO, started with the very best. :cool:
It was my first and still is my favorite.
Thanks James, I have the 2011, gifted to me by Duncan, but didn't like the blade combination on the 2012 (though I wish I'd got one, and deleted the Wharncliffe in retrospect! :D). I decided to pass the following year too, and while I liked the knife, was glad I did. If you remember, 2014 was the year Charlie stepped in to save the project, and though I would have bought the knife almost irrespective of the design, I do think it was definitely one of our best :) :thumbsup:

Thanks James, I have the 2011, gifted to me by Duncan, but didn't like the blade combination on the 2012 (though I wish I'd got one, and deleted the Wharncliffe in retrospect! :D). I decided to pass the following year too, and while I liked the knife, was glad I did. If you remember, 2014 was the year Charlie stepped in to save the project, and though I would have bought the knife almost irrespective of the design, I do think it was definitely one of our best :) :thumbsup:
Jack, considering Forum knives; it was pics of the 2011 Forum knife that drew me to the our little corner of the inter-web. You really are fortunate to have one and Duncan as a friend.
I remember Big Biscuit did a blade delete on his 2012 Forum knife. Both he and I liked it better that way although it may have shocked some of the more sensitive members. ;)
Not being a member until 2014 I let the 2013 pass which may have played a role in me wanting the 2014 enough to pay aftermarket pricing. As you know the premium in the aftermarket then was much lower than premiums being paid today so even though it cost me a bit extra I still think it was well worth it.
It's been fun to have picked up at least one Forum knife from each of the following years since 2014 and there certainly have been some amazing designs.

Last edited:
Jack, considering Forum knives; it was pics of the 2011 Forum knife that drew me to the our little corner of the inter-web. You really are fortunate to have one and Duncan as a friend.
It was Duncan's favourite knife too. He took it out of his pocket, and sent it to me. It was my first GEC :) The man is a Legend :) :thumbsup:
I remember Big Biscuit did a blade delete on his 2012 Forum knife. Both he and I liked it better that way although it may have shocked some of the more sensitive members. ;)
It was only when I saw it that I thought, 'Why didn't I do that?!' :D :thumbsup:
Not being a member until 2014 I let the 2013 pass which may have played a part in me wanting the 2014 enough to pay aftermarket pricing. As you know the premium in the aftermarket then was much lower than premiums being paid today so even though it cost me a bit extra I still think it was well worth it.
It's been fun to have picked up at least one Forum knife from each of the following years since 2014 and there certainly have been some amazing designs.
Yes, some of those forum knives were available for ages, like GEC knives in general. Different times eh James? :thumbsup:

I have an affinity toward well made 3.25" folders. :thumbsup:
Back in the late 60's Case made this one well because even though it is used, it's still in very good condition. :cool:

x8QywmR.jpg

Which is my idea of a good Old Friend. :)
I have the same affinity, +/- 1/8”. Would like to see more of that one. Clip and a pen? Knives of that vintage have soul 👍

Back