Osprey K/T Sales Mung Thread

Brand new Warthog came in the mail today.
I will try to post some pictures soon. But so far, this thing is awesome.

I'm glad mjbine took the Shrike. I was really looking forward to that 1/8" harpoon, but the copper carbon fiber just really didn't do it for me. I should have jumped on one of the January ones.

I'm glad mjbine took the Shrike. I was really looking forward to that 1/8" harpoon, but the copper carbon fiber just really didn't do it for me. I should have jumped on one of the January ones.

I'm sorry to hear that the Copper Carbon Fiber didnt do it for you, don't lose heart though, I really like this model and will make in regularly. What would you like to see one in?

I'm sorry to hear that the Copper Carbon Fiber didnt do it for you, don't lose heart though, I really like this model and will make in regularly. What would you like to see one in?

Mostly I wasn't really sure what the long-term outlook would be for that handle material. Copper and my sweat react really poorly, and I was wondering whether the copper would start kind of washing out of the carbon fiber over time.

I honestly like most of your regular handle variations. I would have snapped it up if it'd been any of the normal G10 or micarta liner combinations. Heck, black, charcoal gray, or natural commando would have been great. The jade G10 over blue or orange liners and ivory/black micarta bolsters are sweet.

No need to cater to me personally. You come up with such great pieces, I'm sure something will really bite me hard. In the meantime, I'm going to keep a few hundred socked away waiting for The One... and keep watching your updates!

Maybe the mini-Ferox will be a thing in CPM154 next time? :)

Great sale Chris. Hard to pick a favorite from this batch, but anyone would be happy owning any one of those knives.

The slate Warthog looks sharp, someone better go ahead and claim it fast.

Great sale Chris. Hard to pick a favorite from this batch, but anyone would be happy owning any one of those knives.

That one was super tempting to me, too...

Mostly I wasn't really sure what the long-term outlook would be for that handle material. Copper and my sweat react really poorly, and I was wondering whether the copper would start kind of washing out of the carbon fiber over time.

I honestly like most of your regular handle variations. I would have snapped it up if it'd been any of the normal G10 or micarta liner combinations. Heck, black, charcoal gray, or natural commando would have been great. The jade G10 over blue or orange liners and ivory/black micarta bolsters are sweet.

No need to cater to me personally. You come up with such great pieces, I'm sure something will really bite me hard. In the meantime, I'm going to keep a few hundred socked away waiting for The One... and keep watching your updates!

Maybe the mini-Ferox will be a thing in CPM154 next time? :)

That is something to consider. I guess my skin is fine with it. I am confident the copper won't degrade out of the handle over a long period of time. It is infused throughout, if some leaves there is more underneath.

Thank you for giving me ideas on the handle combos you like. I asked so if by chance I make another one and I happen to need help deciding what to put on a knife, according to the material I have available to work with. I make a mental note (or try too) of what my customers like, and try to make what is popular or in demand as well as being creative and try new things too.

Your plan sounds good, I hope to have some more available soon.

Thanks Danny, I like this Charcoal Grey G10 and it contrast well with the red and natural!

Today's knives = WOW! :eek:

Incredible work Chris.

What a super set of blades...Sorry I missed the action. On the road until just a few minutes!
That Apache!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a super set of blades...Sorry I missed the action. On the road until just a few minutes!
That Apache!!

bud,

which sheath would work for the Trail Hand and the Shrike?

thx

Mike

bud,

which sheath would work for the Trail Hand and the Shrike?

thx

Mike

Hey Mike, I've got two Trail hands, one in OD green with natural liners and one in walnut burl. The OD scales are considerably thicker to the extent that I'm going to have a sheath made. The Burl trail hand fits nicely in one of my diomedes industries sheaths yet the OD does not! Which of course means I get to purchase another sheath. Lots of good leather guys on the forum.
As for the shrike, as this is a new design IMO you're better off having a custom sheath made!
Hope this helps!
Douglas

Back