OT: Survivor Sidekicks (photos)

52b7c496b77034bfe8ed2cb18f85ec4d.jpg

Roxie does not enjoy the heat of summers, but she's so glad the snow is finally here.

Last edited:
This is BJ, my 11 1/2 year old beagle.

My other beagle scooter is afraid of the campfire and wont come near for a pic. So a house pic will have to do... He is only 10 but turned white way quicker than BJ

This is BJ, my 11 1/2 year old beagle.

My other beagle scooter is afraid of the campfire and wont come near for a pic. So a house pic will have to do... He is only 10 but turned white way quicker than BJ

I'll be damned... 1st of all those are some fine looking dogs! and scooter was the name of my dog growing up! pretty cool.

I bet that both BJ and Scooter would still do their best to chase a rabbit until it turned and came back to you.

When I lived in/near Waco I bought my ex a beagle mix. She was very timid from abuse. I couldn't figure out why some one hit her, she was super smart and knew lots of tricks. She even stuck her head under water(and taught my Pitt bull too) and would retrieve toys from the bottom of their kiddie pool. Last time I talked to my ex she said she passed. She had her at least 8-10 yrs with her and she was gray in the face when I got her from the pound. Excellent field dog though. She always seemed naturally at home on the farm in east Texas. (Unlike my Pitt who was terrified of his shadow, let alone the cows)

This is BJ, my 11 1/2 year old beagle.......My other beagle scooter

I bet that both BJ and Scooter would still do their best to chase a rabbit until it turned and came back to you.

Cools dogs Riz. I'm sure Mac is right about this, they'd give it their best, white faces and all :) And if they're like some I've seen they might surprise a lot of people with what they can do even in their later years. Gotta love trail dogs, they're all heart.

They can track the hell out of rabbits. I dont hunt them any more, too many ticks. I do run them around my neighborhood and they always find a rabbit or two.

My dad always had a couple of Beagle dogs for rabbit hunting when I was a kid. I was always amazed that the dog would get almost out of ear shot, then slowly they would get louder. Soon it was time to find a stump to get up on so you can see because that rabbit will be running by soon. A heck of a lot of fun hunting rabbits over a good dog.

Thanks guys! This damn dog sees and hears every little thing! I'm just glad that she's not a barker.

Fine looking pup. And it looks like both of them are getting along, too. Doesn't always happen with an old dog and pup, that's great.

Fine looking pup. And it looks like both of them are getting along, too. Doesn't always happen with an old dog and pup, that's great.

Haha they rarely get along! The Border Collie (Ellie) is my clients dog and she's a very independent pain in the butt. Kimber seems to think that Ellie is her mom so she always tries to be right next to her. That typically doesn't end well!

Back