Picture thread

Got an awesome low rider clip from STR (Thanks Steve!) for the paramilitary 2. I absolutely love the way it rides now! Thanks for the great work.

sarah2-4.jpg

sarah2-3.jpg

sarah2-2.jpg

sarah2.jpg

How can I get a low rider clip for my Spyderco Military? I've been searching and searching and it lead me here.

I just got my bead blasted clip in the mail and I love it. I have a full size Griptillian and a mini, but I got the clip pretty much sized for the full size grip. This means the pocket hook is flush with the back of the handle on the full size, but extends past the back of the handle a bit on the mini. I think this works out pretty well because the downside of having the clip go past the handle (it pushes in to your palm when holding it) doesn't apply so much on the mini because it is a small knife you hold more in your fingers. And on the plus side it buries a bit deeper. I think it's a perfect size for both my knives.

Here are some pictures I took. FYI I polished off the black paint on the BM clip if you're wondering what's up with that.

Top: Blue Syderco Stretch Blue FRN ZDP189 with STR Low Rider Bead Blast. Very sharp right out of the box.
Bottom: 6 year old Spyder Endura with a mod wave feature that I did with a Dremel.

Closed:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12241089/small%20closed%20knives.JPG

Open:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12241089/small%20open%20knives.JPG

Steve makes some great clips and is very easy Guy to work with.

Roy/ Reno, NV

could someone post a photo of an STR Lowrider clip in natural bead blast finish, no anodized color

please clip to a white piece of paper

pics of my mini grip here:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8594186#post8594186

Thanks for the pics. Much appreciated! :thumbup:

STR

Do you only offer titanium clips? Because I am looking to replace the black coated spyderco clip on my Endura 4 FFG/FRN. I would like to throw on a polished stainless steel clip preferably not in a low rider configuration and retain the lanyard hole. I would be interested in the titanium but it just wouldnt look good next to the blue scales and shiney VG-10. I was thinking about just buying the spyderco stainless clip but I wanted something custom. Great work!

Edit: Straight clip no curve needed. Thanks.

Last edited:
Do you only offer titanium clips? Because I am looking to replace the black coated spyderco clip on my Endura 4 FFG/FRN. I would like to throw on a polished stainless steel clip preferably not in a low rider configuration and retain the lanyard hole. I would be interested in the titanium but it just wouldnt look good next to the blue scales and shiney VG-10. I was thinking about just buying the spyderco stainless clip but I wanted something custom. Great work!

Edit: Straight clip no curve needed. Thanks.

I don't even stock stainless to use and quit using it about five years ago. It would need heat treated to do it in stainless. Well, at least in the stainless I used and I'm not interested in stocking that again or going back to stainless. Sorry. Ti works very well for clip applications. Titanium can be anodized various shades of blue by the way.

STR

Edit: Nevermind. I realized titanium will just get dirty again. I need stainless steel. Sorry.

Last edited:
Here it is!

GREAT JOB!

STEVE THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

That sure seemed to get to you fast! Nice though when it goes like that. Thanks for the pics and I'm glad you like it. Almost like getting a new knife after having an old stand by for years one way and getting it back updated and improved isn't it? :thumbup:

STR

Could you put a clip on a Victorinox Farmer?

Look here to see some I've done. I can say I don't enjoy doing these. They are tricky, its risky and the thread this link will take you to is worth looking over for some info on that..I'd prefer to avoid working on these because they are so tricky to do but as I said there if one assumes the risks and knows its possible a tap can break or get lodged in the hole I'm trying to thread I'll do it. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=787337

then look here..Thanks for asking.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525771

STR

That sure seemed to get to you fast! Nice though when it goes like that. Thanks for the pics and I'm glad you like it. Almost like getting a new knife after having an old stand by for years one way and getting it back updated and improved isn't it? :thumbup:

STR

Its exactly like that...i carried it around somewhat, but sometimes, and in some places having a belt blade just didn't work. Now over a month later, i can officially say that this is one of the best things that ive done. This has transformed my $30 drawer monk into a regular rotation edc tool. its just sweet.

I just put this clip on my Manix 2. STR did a perfect job without even seeing my knife in person. Installation was a breeze and it's even more low profile in hand than the stock clip. Thanks again, it feels like I'm carrying a super sturdy Sage now!

cC8oal.jpg

DK3o6l.jpg

Very cool! Thanks for posting those pics and just in time for Christmas for you so it worked out great! I'm glad you like it. I think it looks really good on there. :thumbup:

STR

JYD II in composite D2 on left and Ti M4 Millie on the right.
image6.jpg

Side view
image7.jpg

Picture showing two millies. The one with the STR clip almost disappears :)
image4.jpg

Wow! Really gives the full benefit of a low rider when you see them together like that doesn't it? Thanks for the pics! Much appreciated.
STR

That STR does some fine work!

Just wish it was practical to put one of his Low Rider clips on my new ZT/H 0551!

If those factory holes were just further apart....

~Gnarly

Back