R.I.P Leatherman Squirt

I found this here, but I'm still not ready to accept it as a fact.
I've seen that too. Why do you think I said that a supply shortage of Squirts could potentially affect warranty claims? It was because of that video.

Also, I do not accept screenshots as proof of anything. Those are trivially easy to fake.

I want to see a verifiably official source for claims like this. Whether it ultimately turns out to be true or not, I am pretty disgusted by everyone who is acting like this is 100% verified fact. I am especially appalled by the youtubers right now who are running with this uncritically. There are several of them. At least maxlvledc showed some evidence, even if it's not proof. There are others who just stated it as fact without any attempt to back it up with a single source. I truly hate that sort of thing.

YouTubers thrive on drama and controversy, so anything they can do to stir people up and get the views, well that's what they're going to do.

I don't know if it's discontinued, but I also don't think it's the first time a model has been out of stock for a bit before being replenished.

YouTubers thrive on drama and controversy, so anything they can do to stir people up and get the views, well that's what they're going to do.

I don't know if it's discontinued, but I also don't think it's the first time a model has been out of stock for a bit before being replenished.
Just spoke to a rep a bit ago, and she said they weren't sure WHEN it would be available again, not IF it will be available again. So, it sounds like it's not discontinued, but not currently in production at the moment.

Just spoke to a rep a bit ago, and she said they weren't sure WHEN it would be available again, not IF it will be available again. So, it sounds like it's not discontinued, but not currently in production at the moment.
Interesting, although it's also possible that if it is being retired then some or all of the reps simply weren't informed about it yet. It's also hard to gauge the certainty of the statement without actually hearing the full thing in context. Still, it's something at least. Thanks for sharing.đź‘Ť

I think we can say with 100% confidence that the discontinuation of the squirt is still not official.

I will admit that I favor my sebertools over the squirt these days and don't need another squirt , but I'm still hoping leatherman has not discontinued the it because a decision like that would kill any hope I have left for the company.

An update for anyone interested, Maxlvledc posted another video on his YouTube channel regarding the discontinuation of the Squirt, this time showing emails he was sent from viewers which seem to confirm that Leatherman's support team are saying it is in fact being discontinued. That's a shame as it would leave the Style as the only plier based tool in that size range.

An update for anyone interested, Maxlvledc posted another video on his YouTube channel regarding the discontinuation of the Squirt, this time showing emails he was sent from viewers which seem to confirm that Leatherman's support team are saying it is in fact being discontinued.

I don't see that anywhere on his channel. Please post a *link* to the video. Thanks.

Went to a gun show and didn't buy any guns, but I got a squirt for 15 dollars.

Yesterday, I went up the road to Belton ,Texas, for the gun show. Like most gun shows, there is a fair amount of knives on sale. Theres always this one old guy with tables of cases of used pocketknives and fixed blades. He has them all segregated by brand, Case in one display case, Buck in another, Victorinox in yet another, and so on. He had some multitools, and I saw some squirts in there. Most were in well used condition, but one was in excellent, so I grabbed it. All of 15 dollars with some small scratches and dings in the blue anodizing. Knife blade looked like the original edge, all other tools in very good shape.

At least I now have a spare. It he's at the next Taylor show, I may pick up another.

Went to a gun show and didn't buy any guns, but I got a squirt for 15 dollars.
That's a good pickup on any day, regardless of whether the Squirt is being discontinued or it isn't. đź‘Ť

I poked around online a bit and I can see that the Squirt is still in stock in a few places, including on Leatherman's own storefront in some specific countries (they have country specific versions of their web store). Now I should note here that sometimes a site's store will say that they have something when in fact it is out of stock, and you won't find out until after you place an order. This has happened to me a few times when ordering various things online. But if Leatherman's own site is saying they have stock, then they probably have it. As far as other sites go, then I guess you can decide whether or not you want to take your chances.

By the way, the Leatherman proprietary flat bits seem to be going out of stock everywhere again. Just a heads-up. The ratcheting bit driver extension still seems to be out of stock everywhere as well.

It's very obvious that Leatherman is still having some serious supply problems. I would not have expected this to still be happening over 3 years after the pandemic hit, but here we are.

Never had a Squirt... Do carry a Skeletool CX and a Style PS in my boot... Tried SOG, Gerber, but always go back to Leatherman...

Oh well. I really wanted to like them. I bought one, the scissor spring spontaneously snapped and then I lost it somehow. Bought a replacement, the scissor spring spontaneously snapped and then I lost it somehow also. :) I moved to Alox SAKs after that.

Oh well. I really wanted to like them. I bought one, the scissor spring spontaneously snapped and then I lost it somehow. Bought a replacement, the scissor spring spontaneously snapped and then I lost it somehow also. :) I moved to Alox SAKs after that.
Than and the scissors are inferior to vic scissors.

The scissor spring on mine has yet to break, but they are definitely inferior to the 58mm Victorinox in cutting performance regardless of durability.

No. Look again. The Squirt PS4 is not currently on that page.

Listed on that page are the Squirt E4, Squirt ES4, Squirt P4, and Squirt S4 models. All of those models were in fact discontinued at various points in time, but there is no Squirt PS4 listed there right now.

In my opinion, the fact that it's gone so long without being listed there makes it way more likely that it hasn't been discontinued at all, and we're just seeing yet another supply shortage impacting yet another one of Leatherman's products, exactly like we've seen happening multiple times over the last few years.

Back