Recovering from a bad back injury

I am getting some relief. It is however a very slow process. I have had issues before and it has never taken this long to recover. It may be due to I am not getting any younger either:eek: I still cant stand and walk for a long period of time. Which is very hard for me to get over. I lead a very active life and this is for sure slowing me down.

I may be seeking a real pro like you had suggested, I appreciate that bit of insight. My x-rays look perfect though. Which is very strange. I think more vivid testing may be required. So to better reveal the issue at hand. Every day I am just praying that it simply goes away. My prayers have yet to be answered though.

Thanks again for the concern and advice.

Nick:)

I have a lower lumbar injury I have never fully recovered from. I understand your pain . I lost weight and that helped some but running kills me so I am switching to cycling for cardio. take it easy and heal up the best ya can!

bud,
i´m just back from my usa and blade show trip.
i hope you´re getting better.

best whishes from germany :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Arne

Going to the Doc. in the morning. I think I am going to have a MRI done. Not tomorrow, but I am sure it will be this week. I could deal with the back issue if my damn leg didn't hurt so bad when I stand or walk. It also wakes me up after about three hours of sleep. I haven't had more than 4 hrs of good sleep in nearly a month.

Thanks guys

Damn Nick. I'm sorry about that. Sounds like you did a disk. MRI is probably a good idea. Hope you can stay away from the surgeon's knives and get back to your own. When I was kid I didn't need much sleep, but now I get pretty damn grouchy if a miss a few nights. Best wishes amigo.

Going to the Doc. in the morning. I think I am going to have a MRI done. Not tomorrow, but I am sure it will be this week. I could deal with the back issue if my damn leg didn't hurt so bad when I stand or walk. It also wakes me up after about three hours of sleep. I haven't had more than 4 hrs of good sleep in nearly a month.

Thanks guys

Nick, I am telling you buddy, GO TO SPINALAID and have them fix you. At least go and talk to them, it's free to do that.

You have the same pain and problem I had, and trust me, I know the pain. I was taking vicodin by the handful and in no time I was off it completely and haven't had any meds in months now.

I believe you said earlier that you felt better on some inversion table??? Well, that's because you are stretching your back taking the pressure of the bones off your nerves because your disk isn't doing it anymore. SpinlAid does the samething but it actually pumps the disk and makes it refill with the fluid that was lost when you blew it out.

I promise you that in a week you will feel like a new man. If you would have gone when I first posted this, you would be done and pain free. You still need to not lift anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks while the disk forms scar tissue, but then the disk is actually stronger than new.

No surgery, no needles or shots, no drugs, just the results you are looking for or you can keep doing what you are doing like I did, and live in blinding pain.

Thanks man, I am going to see them this week. I hope they will do like you say. I got nothing to loose eh.My Doctor signed me up for PT too. So between the two I should be good to go by bow season.

+1 with Mr Pan, and if necessary acupuncture, unfortunately I kinda think that there wont be many well qualified practioners around where you live.

It is not for everybody, but as an option, for 14 years it was as MrPan said, and I was on hundreds of mg of Voltarol per day, unfortunately it would come back every 12-18 moths, that was until I decided to give acupuncture a go during a visit to a Chinese spa (in China) That was 6 years ago and I have not needed a single pill since.

I'm doing much better. Though I'm not 100% I am back in the shop:thumbup:

Just going slow so I don't give myself a setback. Thanks for all the help and tips on this guys. I really appreciate it.

I really hope you get to a 100% soon. I know how much it sucks to get hurt badly. Anyway when you get better, get ready for some orders pal. Don't rush the heal and be strong brother.

Glad to hear that you're doing better, Nick. Just wanted to stop in and say that and also say that your knives are top notch! Absolutely gorgeous work, man.
Iz

I'm doing much better. Though I'm not 100% I am back in the shop:thumbup:

Just going slow so I don't give myself a setback. Thanks for all the help and tips on this guys. I really appreciate it.

How are you doing Nick? I hope you're still on track to getting better.

Just take your time and DON'T over do it even when you feel great. I learned that the hard way, and I didn't think I over did anything. A doc told me that after I feel good again, to give my back at least six FULL months to really heal up before I even begin to think of doing what I used to do. I see now why the pros in sports miss whole seasons to recover.

Sorry I haven't kept this one up to date.... I am feeling great. I am back lifting weights again, and I am doing really well. I've lost 10lbs and got my bench back up past 400lbs again:thumbup:

Thanks for all the great tips and support on this guys.

Back