Redmeadow Belts

You like you some belts?

• I like me some belts

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • I don't wear pants

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
I thought about heading that way but thought better of it. Made it over Grapevine last night before it was closed and made it over 166 to the coast before they closed it. Hope they don't close 101 overnight or I won't make it home.
Beautiful pics. I just love the area that you call home.
I can remember years ago in a big storm they closed The Grapevine, then 58 (Tehachapi, up here where I live), the 33 was closed and 166. Bout an hour later they did close 101, had snow on the Cuesta grade. That don't happen too often. Ya just couldn't get from there to anywhere that day. Hope ya were able to make it home? Weather says we got 31 inches of wintery mix in the last 24 hrs and its snowing heavy right now.

John hope ya feeling better and your crew too.

Got to thinking on the belts. If ya ever get to doing belts for custom buckles I wanted to pass on a lesson we learned the hard way. Ya need to have the buckle on hand when ya make the belt. Look at this buckle set:

WsgDEYA.jpg

Notice that the buckle is loose and has quite a bit of slack but the keepers are tight. If ya'd made the belt to fit the buckle ya wouldn't be able to get it through the keepers. Having non standard measurements on custom buckles is more common than not. So after rebuilding a few belts we went to gots to have the buckle on hand. Particularly common with Southwestern type buckles. Ya end up doing some funky tapers to non standard sizes:

nPu7vJV.jpg

Belt and keeper same size on this one but had to sand the end down some to fit the tip.

5w5SWKR.jpg

Anyhoo just a heads up. Hope ya can benny from some of my oops over the years.

Great looking belts John. You’re a man of many talents.
Thanks Ron, I appreciate that. I'm just a man of many "I'll give it a go's" 😆
That is great looking John. Good pic too!
Thanks man!
Love my Redmeadow belts! Had to say that to stay on topic. ;)

Sick here too. Family all had a stomach bug early in the week. I thought I had gotten by it, but it hit me HARD at ~11:30pm Wednesday night. No fun, and no way to take any medicine. 🤮
Hope you guys are doin better, nothin worse than when the while crew gets it. Luckily this left my stomach alone though I've dropped 6 pounds, maybe I should get sick more often lol.
Glad to see that you haven't expired - I was beginning to wonder 😁

Those are looking sweet! Can't wait to throw my name in the hat for one.
I'm still kickin, trying to get back to normal and forge ahead.
Definitely interested, if it's not too late, John. :thumbsup:
Never too late, this will be a running thing. I'm working to fit belts into our regularly scheduled broadcast around here.

Full disclosure here, I'm gonna keep these in the double digit price range until I get more confirmation on how these are fitting. Once I'm confident I have that down I'll they'll raise a bit.

Hope you guys are doin better, nothin worse than when the while crew gets it. Luckily this left my stomach alone though I've dropped 6 pounds, maybe I should get sick more often lol.
All back to normal here today. Although, I put my belt on this morning, on my usual notch, and it was noticeably too big. I had to drop down to the second from last notch! o_O I’m sure that won’t last lol!

All back to normal here today. Although, I put my belt on this morning, on my usual notch, and it was noticeably too big. I had to drop down to the second from last notch! o_O I’m sure that won’t last lol!
Glad to hear everyone's feeling better. I've travelled through a few notches since I made mine, I need to make me and my boy matching Big Country's.

Glad to hear everyone's feeling better. I've travelled through a few notches since I made mine, I need to make me and my boy matching Big Country's.
I always prefer to have the belt too big, rather than too small. Worst case, I can always add a hole of two on the inside. I’d have a much bigger problem if I was at the other end lol.

Received notification a package was ready for pickup at the post office, and it's now happily at home. Wish I had better light for the pictures but hey, early evening in Canada and all that ;)

First look in the box

0C77EC4D-736F-41AE-8E08-1A79E2E57B4B.jpeg

And there's nothing like that first whiff of leather as the belts were revealed!

82C82971-CADC-4118-8157-B07C7ED88F54.jpeg

As you all saw the W.I.P. pics as John was making these (and they're way better than mine), here's a quick side by side look.

8AA45A34-BAA2-4A59-8A95-DAAF1146E962.jpeg

A fashion model I'm not, but the things fit very well, and the cowbell feels right at home there :)

D9DE77A2-9A5C-400A-850E-25BF6B08D135.jpeg

John these are awesome, and were well worth the wait! I think you nailed the thickness of these, and they feel just right. Guessing they'll be even better as they break in!

I know John makes wonderful knives, but as I've said before I'm a BIG fan of his leatherwork too. Including my two Cowbell sheaths, these belts bring me to eight pieces of Redmeadow leather. I may have a problem 🤣

Thank you again John.

Received notification a package was ready for pickup at the post office, and it's now happily at home. Wish I had better light for the pictures but hey, early evening in Canada and all that ;)

First look in the box

View attachment 2108193

And there's nothing like that first whiff of leather as the belts were revealed!

View attachment 2108195

As you all saw the W.I.P. pics as John was making these (and they're way better than mine), here's a quick side by side look.

View attachment 2108196

A fashion model I'm not, but the things fit very well, and the cowbell feels right at home there :)

View attachment 2108197

John these are awesome, and were well worth the wait! I think you nailed the thickness of these, and they feel just right. Guessing they'll be even better as they break in!

I know John makes wonderful knives, but as I've said before I'm a BIG fan of his leatherwork too. Including my two Cowbell sheaths, these belts bring me to eight pieces of Redmeadow leather. I may have a problem 🤣

Thank you again John.
Congrats! :D Copycat! :p 🤣

Mine are holding up excellently! VERY happy with them! I wear one of the 2 pretty much every day.

First look in the box

View attachment 2108193

View attachment 2108195

View attachment 2108196

View attachment 2108197

Thank you again John.
Awesome man!

John any consideration of making some 1 1/4" wide belts I love the 1 1/2" wide size belts with jeans but with me living in a warmer climate in shorts half the year 1 1/4" works better thanks for listening Frank

John any consideration of making some 1 1/4" wide belts I love the 1 1/2" wide size belts with jeans but with me living in a warmer climate in shorts half the year 1 1/4" works better thanks for listening Frank
Sorry I missed responding to this post Frank. I've got a 1 1/4" in the works at the moment. I can cut any size you guys want, it's just a matter of having different buckles stocked which isn't an issue.

Working on this trio, the black one is stitched up and the brown ones have the inside design laid out ready to stitch. The one on the right is a 1 1/4".
20230702_203900-01.jpeg
You can see little holes marked at the points in the center layout. It helps me line up the needle as I stitch and keep the design even. These are tricky to stitch but I'm getting it figured out.

Back