Renaming the 25 to the Inkosi; what's changed?

I'm a little bit disappointed with the washers. On the small Inkosi there are no gaps visible for lint to get in when the blade is in the fully open and closed positions. Not so on the Large pictured here.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Lemmuhj,

Two things I notice right away.

The holes in the washer are much more open than the 25, I thought the Inkosi was going to be more resistant to fouling because the holes were not open, clearly not the case. That is disappointing.

Second thing, the chamfers are much different. I will get some pics tomorrow.

I thought so too. I'm looking at my 25 now & I see much less chance for dirt to enter the lube spaces on the washers than on the Lg Inkosi pictured.

Lemmuhj,

Two things I notice right away.

The holes in the washer are much more open than the 25, I thought the Inkosi was going to be more resistant to fouling because the holes were not open, clearly not the case. That is disappointing.

Second thing, the chamfers are much different. I will get some pics tomorrow.

Yep, this crossed my mine (washers)while taking the pics...i dont know how this will hold up against lint, dirt etc...will see in time thats for sure as day one of edc starts tmrw:)

Here is a video I did on my YouTube. I referenced Justin's first post in the video. I'm sure those with a more keen eye will find some differences I may have missed.
https://youtu.be/r-PbKqHj8fo

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I got one from a authorized dealer. It came in the original small box. No tools, though the cards said tools would be provided. (The dealer is calling CRK to check on this as all 10 of the ones they received from Blade did not come with tools). Came with the new darker cloth. Birthdate was 06/01/2016.... Needless to say after less than an hour of handling it, I returned it. The angled clip works so well on my beloved small Inkosi and actually creates a huge hotspot in my hand on the Large Inkosi. Like a ridiculous hotspot. I never had a problem with the 25 clip placement. So looks like I will be sticking to my Large 21, Umnumzaan and the best model ever (IMO) the SMALL Inkosi

It appears the chamfering where you disengage the lockbar on the Large Inkosi is the same as on the 25 and does not mimic the lockbar chamfering on the Small Inkosi. Is this correct?

It appears the chamfering where you disengage the lockbar on the Large Inkosi is the same as on the 25 and does not mimic the lockbar chamfering on the Small Inkosi. Is this correct?

Id say thats correct. There is some chamfering on the spine of the scales which gives the whole knife an "hour glass" shape. Not too crazy about this as it makes the knife "skinnier". Im trying to get used to it as the 25 was fine. Overall, i like the changes. Still looking forward to someone posting side by side comparison shots.

Id say thats correct. There is some chamfering on the spine of the scales which gives the whole knife an "hour glass" shape. Not too crazy about this as it makes the knife "skinnier". Im trying to get used to it as the 25 was fine. Overall, i like the changes. Still looking forward to someone posting side by side comparison shots.

Couple questions I have:

Is the stock thickness the same as 25/umnum or thinner?
Is the grind more "hollow" as mentioned?

Couple questions I have:

Is the stock thickness the same as 25/umnum or thinner?
Is the grind more "hollow" as mentioned?

Not sure on thickness...seems about same. It does seem the grind is a little more "hollow". Looking forward to some side by side pics with the 25.

As for the clip...i may be riding with a "Congo Clip" soon...i feel a slight hotspot that is bugging me.

"Friends don't let friends use pocket clips"
"Clips are for wimps"

Inkosi with clips removed and clip inserts inserted.

IMG_1754.jpg

Not sure on thickness...seems about same. It does seem the grind is a little more "hollow". Looking forward to some side by side pics with the 25.

As for the clip...i may be riding with a "Congo Clip" soon...i feel a slight hotspot that is bugging me.

Thanks for the answers!

Maybe I should go into mass production :D:
IMG_3873_zpslc9wrfch.jpg

"Friends don't let friends use pocket clips"
"Clips are for wimps"

Inkosi with clips removed and clip inserts inserted.

IMG_1754.jpg

People are going to ask, so I will just do it now, which clip inserts did you use?

I notice a notch on the lockbar cut out that has never been on any CRK I have ever seen, but is on Hinderers, which I have criticized. That is not cool IMO.

I'm still waiting for my large Inkosi to do some real detailed comparisons. It might be missing as there are no tracking updates in over 2 days.

The chamfering looks different in a few places, mainly at the rear of the handle on both the inside and outside. I do notice the "dip" in the large Inkosi scale or it's a raise on top, just forward of the pivot. I didn't care for the angled clip as the straight clip never bothered me. The pocket space on those large washers are going to collect lint and pocket dust over time.

I think I'll stick with my plain 25s as they are perfect just the way they are IMO...

the angled pocket clip is what worries me the most. My 25 melts in my hand - so amazing comfortable.

I guess I'll buy one if they ever end up making one with an Insingo blade.

Back