Renaming the 25 to the Inkosi; what's changed?

The Ti-lock says different!!

So are you saying the 25 is the most ergonomic of them all?

You're right regarding the Ti Lock! Never even used mine in the "test".

No, im saying they are all about the same(IMO). I think im just noticing the Inkosi's a little more because of first impressions etc.

Can you change the smoothness of the action by squeezing down on the scales due to the floating stop pin?

Yes, if you squeeze the scales together the action is stiffer. But honestly there is no way of that happening with a normal opening technique. You'd have to grab the handle with both hands and grip it awkwardly. So it is a non-issue.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

However, the one thing that really bugs me is the second finger groove chamfering on the lock side doesn't match the show side. It makes it look unfinished to me. I hate it. Lol

Here's what I mean... small Inkosi on the left, large Inkosi on the right.
34a796b8efcef698a9e9de9b0446ed08.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear of your shattered dreams. That tends to happen when we create things in our mind in the image of our ideals.

On the bright side, it's a good problem to have!

I wouldn't hold your breath on the Inksoi Insingo.

Better get a 21 while the getting is good!!

I already own every configuration of the 21 Insingo - but often times I end up carrying my 25. Go figure.

I just picked one up at Recon1 before I saw this thread, now I'm really hoping the new clip placement doesn't dig in somewhere the 25 didn't.
The washers on the small Inkosi seem to be different so they don't leave spaces to collect gunk

If the first version of the large has that problem, maybe they will just make new washers that close up the top two holes a little

CRK0105-SC085-8_zps3ovkk3uj.jpg

InkosiDisasembled_zpsr7tjydxc.jpg

20160608_194338_zpsy3jimx1k.jpg

Blackmore^ not sure how much the washers will pick up, but if they come out with new ones, they better do it quick before they start shipping in the next few months. I def want a new one already lol.

As for the clip, im really close to grinding off the upward tip on mine like/similar to kidcongo did. Its a little more noticeable in your palm(to me) than the 25 was. Also, if you think about it, the tip of the clip sits HIGHER now than previous versions because its resting on the frame. When it was on the lock bar, it actually sat lower when the lock was engaged.

CRKs clip works great, but IMO, they need to totally redesign it(for the Inkosi) They've put all this time into making the finger grooves/sleeker appearance, but the clip doesnt let the owner fully appreciate the new contours of the design.

Good idea on the clip, maybe we can get Cody to do a run :D
I'm kidding

I am not sure my upward clip would work on the Inkosi as with my 25 the idea was that it was quite pointy, but the point ended up in the gap between your fingers. On the inkosi it just might hit your palm.

Having said that, a new clip is 15 bucks so it might be worth that investment to experiment.

I guess the struggle with these new designs, from the 25 onward, is they are using a clip designed for another product family. It is arguably, the greatest clip ever designed (at least I think so), be maybe, just maybe, it doesn't work in this exact scenario.

In regards to Large Inkosi washers.......ahem......total fail CRK people!!!! You got the concept perfect on the small inkosi, with the occluded holes when the knife is closed. That was a major, major win. What the heck????? Why abandon the idea on the large. Sheesh......its two steps forward and one step back. Fix that goof-up before these go into mass production. Do it for the people!!

Yeah. The washers and the missing finger groove chamfer should be addressed asap!
Otherwise I love the surface area from the oversized washers. Super cool. Can't wait to try one.

Yeah. The washers and the missing finger groove chamfer should be addressed asap!
Otherwise I love the surface area from the oversized washers. Super cool. Can't wait to try one.

I am not against the chamfer only being on one side if that is what makes sense. Like any frame lock with a pocket clip, the knife is inherently asymmetrical, so that is fine with me, but I respect it would bother some, and fair enough. The 25 didn't have this chamfer on the middle groove (just bevels both sides), so my guess is that it was added purposefully to only the one side, kinda like the Umnumzaan, whose scales are very different from each other.

I wanted to start a thread here to compare what has changed from the current Sebenza 25 to the newly introduced Large Inkosi.

Hopefully someone who has both will soon be able to take some high quality pics comparing them. I'm sure several people have a Large Inkosi on the way, so it shouldn't be long. If anyone has info not included here, please post it below and let us get to figuring this out! :)

I know myself, and many other fans of the 25 are quite anxious to see how these changes may create an even better knife than the one we currently appreciate. Hopefully the changes will allow more people to enjoy what some argue is one of the finest folders in the world.

Here is the specifications page for the Sebenza 25 @ CRK for reference:
Sebenza 25.

Why the name change?

From this post:

Apparently: "The Chris Reeve representitive said that they are trying to differentiate the titanium lock sebenza 21 from the ceramic lock interface 25."

Fair enough. Naming the 25 a Sebenza was a contentious point for many, and now that Chris is no longer part of CRK, they are as entitled to call it whatever they deem is best fitting.

So, now we have the large Inkosi, but what makes it different?

The first change that immediately stands out, and arguably the most important physical change is the angled pocket clip.

Hopefully this moves the clip ever so slightly, in that people who can comfortably hold the 25 now, can continue to use the Inkosi, while allowing those who found the clip was a hot spot to find a suitable grip. We need some measurements here, hopefully those will come soon.

Here is a pic by BF member Shayjoshi, used with permission:

c1eb9bd64d768d26ee012898cb90dc94.jpg

Next up is the stop pin which has been replaced by a floating stop pin. The pin is also larger in diameter. I can't make out the details completely but the pin is secured into the lock side scale with a single fastener, then sits in a corresponding hole in the presentation side. Again, please chime in with measurements or more pics.

Here is a pic from this thread:

InkosiDisasembled.jpg

Next up:

New washers, twin washers in fact. The first thing one will notice, is the positioning tab from the 25 washer is gone. These are probably a necessary change as it will allow equal support on both sides of the blade, as the lanyard pin is the the only part of the knife firmly securing both scales together. The washers butt against and are indexed off the stop pin, easy for maintenance. I think that is correct. Important to note, the large Inkosi, unlike the small does not have sealed washer pockets. They are actually quite open. I speculate that these will foul much faster than the 25 when carried in the pocket.

Here is a pic from this thread:

20160608_194338_zpsmwhczk0q.jpg

Pic by BF member 91bravo, used with permission:

DSC_0124_zpsguntllz9.jpg

Blade grind:

From this post:

"Grind seemed slightly deeper on the hollow grind, but she said that was because they were using a new grinder."

So a CRK Rep has said a new machine is being used in creating the grind thus it appeared slightly deeper. Is this still a large hollow grind?

Other changes we are waiting to see more about:

Apparently the tang of the blade has a grove cut into it, creating an interface for the ceramic ball. I am not sure if this is the case as we don't have pics yet, but it if it, I hope this cures that tiny amount of lock stick some 25's would get. Waiting for pics!

Inlays have a new shape, waiting for a straight down pic, and a pic of the back.

Pic by BF member 91bravo, used with permission:

DSC_0122_zpsbswekeau.jpg

Snake knot lanyard? At least the BladeShow models come with it.

Also of note, old box style used, all the normal paperwork is included, but no tools.

Here is a video by BF member xICEMANx just going over some initial things from the thread, some of which has changed from speculation based on the small Inkosi to what is based on having one in hand.

[video=youtube;r-PbKqHj8fo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-PbKqHj8fo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ok I'm out of time. Let's see what we can come up with.

Thanks everyone who provided pics or videos for this thread!
Wait, Chris Reeve is no longer a part of CRK? What happened? When did this happen?

I am not sure my upward clip would work on the Inkosi as with my 25 the idea was that it was quite pointy, but the point ended up in the gap between your fingers. On the inkosi it just might hit your palm.

Having said that, a new clip is 15 bucks so it might be worth that investment to experiment.

I guess the struggle with these new designs, from the 25 onward, is they are using a clip designed for another product family. It is arguably, the greatest clip ever designed (at least I think so), be maybe, just maybe, it doesn't work in this exact scenario.

In regards to Large Inkosi washers.......ahem......total fail CRK people!!!! You got the concept perfect on the small inkosi, with the occluded holes when the knife is closed. That was a major, major win. What the heck????? Why abandon the idea on the large. Sheesh......its two steps forward and one step back. Fix that goof-up before these go into mass production. Do it for the people!!

Sooooo do you wanna buy a large Inkosi, if it was already in Canada, theoretically? I bet your thinking Oh yeah!!

Sooooo do you wanna buy a large Inkosi, if it was already in Canada, theoretically? I bet your thinking Oh yeah!!

Ha....not so fast. I think the Inkosi improvements outweigh any negatives (without having actually held the knife), however I don't "need" one in plain Jane. I have enough PJ CRKs and am kinda bored of grey knives. I skipped the small Inkosi for the same reason. I'll skip both knives entirely if I can't someday buy one of the other with the Spalted Beech or Bog Oak inlays. Those might get the blood, and cash, moving.

Ha....not so fast. I think the Inkosi improvements outweigh any negatives (without having actually held the knife), however I don't "need" one in plain Jane. I have enough PJ CRKs and am kinda bored of grey knives. I skipped the small Inkosi for the same reason. I'll skip both knives entirely if I can't someday buy one of the other with the Spalted Beech or Bog Oak inlays. Those might get the blood, and cash, moving.

I figured the clip alone might do it for ya.

I don't know which direction Anne will take the inlays on the Inkosi but they never did do wood on the 25. I think it might be due to the shape of the inlay or just keeping the material selection consistent with the intended design. They brought out Damascus so maybe wood is in order one day.

Maybe they will bring out some more metal inlays to draw out the wallets.

It feels like the hype around the small is now absent when it comes to the large.

Back