Saddleback Leather: Wallets

Just a bit of followup on this... the new wallet (doesn't have any blue logo) made it about a year before it started breaking cards as well. I just looked at the site and I don't see the medium wallet listed anymore. Was this design discontinued?

Interesting........

I've also had my medium wallet for about a year now. When I first got it, I did have a couple of broken cards (in fairness they were older cards). What I started doing instead is putting cards upside-down in the slots, thinking if they broke at least the magnetic strip would still be intact.

However, since making the switch...... no more broken cards.

Let us know how you like it!

I too have a slim wallet, in Dark Coffee Brown.
Very nice wallet, but I have noticed the pockets are a bit loose with 4 cards in each.
If I put any less than 4 they slide out very easily.

I don't like it. I planed on using it in my jacket pocket, it never worked out. I'm exchanging it for a large bifold that I can put in my back pocket.

I think with leather you cannot overstuff it in the first instance. If for example you have 6 cards for the medium bifold you should distribute them evenly, otherwise once stetched it would not go back to its original state. You may add cards along the way but if after keeping 4 cards in one slot and you want to get back to only once card, then that particular card would come loose very easily. I've got most of their wallets and a big bifold is on the way.

Just got my large bifold in tobacco. I think the leather used is thinner than in the past and even the thread seems to be thinner than the ones used in their iphone/medium wallets. Maybe because there may be complaints that the wallets are too thick and bulky. Its still one big wallet, a huge one in fact.

http://s1299.beta.photobucket.com/user/dkelley74/media/image_zps61d2bbcc.jpg.html

Front of large bifold in chestnut. About 1 week old.

http://s1299.beta.photobucket.com/user/dkelley74/media/image_zpsf792ae2e.jpg.html

Inside of large bifold. I have 3 cards In all of the slots except the top right. I have one card with a folded up peice of paper.

http://s1299.beta.photobucket.com/user/dkelley74/media/image_zps5399a600.jpg.html

Thickness of large bifold, like I said above, I have a total of 10 cards, 6 bills, and a folded peice of paper.

Just got this ID wallet in today
saddle_zps7bfbd8b0.jpg

My post from 9-4-2010 on page 1 of this thread...

Saddleback Leather Large Bi-fold in Dark Coffee. Simply the best wallet I've ever owned (or even seen).

DSC00597walletcrop.jpg

Over 2.5 years later, my feelings about this wallet haven't changed...

DSC03212.jpg

Good job Saddleback Leather!

Received my first Saddleback just in time for a trip out of town this weekend. Excited to see it with some character in the future

de8c3203-61cf-4efd-9545-6aee9c02c8a9_zps836b6096.jpg

Can anybody tell me if the large bifold fits in your jean back pocket without showing?
Howdy,
No, not likely. I carry mine in my front left pocket and it fits fine. Helps save my back. Very nice wallet by the way. Bought it because of all the great comments I found here. I've had many compliments about it also.
Cheers...

Can anybody tell me if the large bifold fits in your jean back pocket without showing?

What pants do you wear? I have Levi's in 514 and I can shove it down far enough and it doesn't show. I don't own a pair of pants that shows the wallet. In some of my shorts it's a real right fit to get it out, but it's not that bad. I'd say get it.

I have a medium Tobacco brown on the the to me, I'll post a few pics when it arrives.

I ordered the Saddleback classic wallet business /credit card and leather ID wallets today. Trying to replace a 14 yr old one I have now. Will let you Know what I think.

Back