Sell me on your EDC pen

Terry M.

Platinum Member
I know there’s another thread and I’ve been reading it quite a bit but I need someone to sell me on a great (and cool) pen. I’ve got a few and currently use the Fisher Space pen but it just doesn’t have the “pizzazz” I’m looking for. Ha!
Anyway, post me your pics and sales pitch.

Same...... Let's see some cool/obtainable pens.
I'm due for a good one as well.

Thanks.

I’ve carried the same cross pen to work for 20 years. A lesser pen doesn’t last a couple days without being broken in half. Mine is chrome and brass now and dented.

If I hand it to someone to use to sign a receipt or something, they always hand it back carefully and say “Thats a nice pen”. Lol.

I believe it is this one at least its the closest one currently made. Some Cross pens are too thin, some too fat This one is just right.

I prefer to use Fischer refills, but the cross ones are good too. Fine black is my preference.
9A4F60AB-C6BC-4E47-8EAE-78A2A3B5B7F6.jpeg

I always have a pen in my pocket, and I have more than a few laying around that were purchased while searching for "the one" ;)

TiBolt, Tactile Turn, etc., but mainly I find one of the following four in my pocket. Top to bottom, least to most carried:

Prometheus Lights Alpha Pen in aluminum. Love the looks of this one, but don't carry it often as I'm not a huge fan of the Mont Blanc refills

Karas Kustoms Galaxie in aluminum. Takes the Fisher refill, really pocketable, but when posted is pretty much a full size pen.

Aroundsquare K-OS Pen in titanium (also come in aluminum or delrin). Takes the Fisher refill, super pocketable, and also pretty darned fun to fidget with. Kind of fidly having to unscrew the cap and screw it on the back to post it, but I rarely find myself in such a rush to jot a note down that it becomes a problem. This little guy is probably tied for my favorite pocket pen!

And last, but definitely not least, my favorite EDC pen that has pretty much taken over that duty for the last year or so - The SAK Midnite Manager :) Knife, convenient everyday tool selection, and even a flashlight that's not too shabby for up close tasks.

c9vyQKH.jpg

zA9DTeL.jpg

Ive spent the value of a really nice custom knife on some of the best edc pens made the past year and half: tactile turn, urban surivival gear, big ideas, D-Rocket, Fellhoelter…the Silex Gear Jet pen is my favorite.

It is the most compact (extends to a full size pen), it has a deep carry clip to ensure it doesn’t accidentally get lost, it takes fisher space pen refills, and it is the most fidgety.
657EB2E6-1F7F-419D-82A0-508045671A74.jpeg50A49F3F-783B-4D90-B036-2B261AED72F4.jpeg

I've always used cheap and replaceable plastic pens. However, they got pinched quite often.

I wanted something that people won't just pick up and put it away, so I got a solid brass pen first, but that was even too heavy and cumbersome for me.

The Rovyvon Commander C10 is made of Titanium, takes all kinds of refills, and still has some heft to it. If someone in the office just takes it by mistake, they don't like it, as it is still quite heavy.

It is a good and solid pen, did not cost me a fortune and if I ever need to break something, or need to enhance an argument, it's quite handy.

IMG_20230305_104720_compress56.jpg

I've switched from Pilot G-2 to a Pentel EnerGel Alloy Retractable gel pen.

Pentel.jpg
It's a metal pen, aluminum which is strong enough for me. It comes in attractive colors and it's cheap: the cheapest is silver, $8.25 at Amazon. It has a wide barrel and it's comfortable to write with. I like gel pens and it's a good one: 0.7mm tip, medium line, black ink. I prefer blue, but black is more practical and I can live with black.

For writing where gel pens don't work, I carry a Midnight Manager like Crazy Canuck.

victorinox-signature.jpg

I've always used cheap and replaceable plastic pens. However, they got pinched quite often.

I wanted something that people won't just pick up and put it away, so I got a solid brass pen first, but that was even too heavy and cumbersome for me.

The Rovyvon Commander C10 is made of Titanium, takes all kinds of refills, and still has some heft to it. If someone in the office just takes it by mistake, they don't like it, as it is still quite heavy.

It is a good and solid pen, did not cost me a fortune and if I ever need to break something, or need to enhance an argument, it's quite handy.

View attachment 2104845
This is the one I use as well. It's not something I would want to use to write a page of text with due to the weight, but perfect for the multiple small notes I write daily. As far as titanium bolt pens go this hit the sweet spot for me with good fit and finish for a reasonable cost. If you want a fidget friendly solid EDC pen that uses the parker/schmitt/Fisher cartridges, look no further.

Grizz

I carry a full sized goose, small knife for quill shaping and a bottle of ink. ;)

Seriously though I keep buying Fisher space pens. They work and they're hard enough to kubotan somebody with although that'd be my last resort.

Years ago, I had a Hinderer Titanium tactical pen/kubaton. I flew with it on multiple occasions, until one day getting stopped by TSA at Norfolk Intl airport. The TSA agent knew what it was and said it was a weapon, I demonstrated it was a pen. Eventually he let me go with it intact, however, I never flew with it again. Things like "tactical" pens highlight you, when you are attempting to maintain a low profile.

After that (and currently), I started carrying a small fisher space pen "bullet." Great pen that writes well and is small enough to slide into my pocket. I now have it and a titanium EDC twist pen from countycomm. Both use the same cartridge and are small enough to carry without being too small to use comfortably.

LAMY CP1

csm_LAMY-cp1-black-FH_c4a8e132d9.png

I can't tolerate disposable pens. This pen with the LAMY Z27 refillable cartridge allows you to use the bottle inks of your choice. Nibs come in 4 sizes.

#oldschool

I have this pen as well. Super nice and super smooth. 👍🏼

If you want some more " pizazz " maybe do what I did, get another Fisher bullet and do a bit of a mix-n-match.

I swapped the grip off my old chrome bullet onto the brass ond I bought.
20220822_144739.jpg
I probably wouldn't have bothered if the brass one had the the grooves in it like I was used to with my chrome model, but I'm really glad I did.

Back