Sell me on your EDC pen

IMG-5772.jpg

Just kidding

I've been through a lot of EDC pens but my current (Tactile Turn) is my favorite. I am a sucker for high-quality US-made and these pens are just great! Even their minis are easy to grip because of the fine concentric milling that goes down the pen's body. They aren't cheap, but I loved my first one (a full sized) so much that I bought the mini.

I have used a kubotan in a fight. And it is possibly the most inadequate feeling self-defense tool I have used.

There is some six foot monster breathing hate on me and I go. Cop this. And pull out a small stick. Now you are in trouble.

Only carry one on plane rides and international trips, Terry. 112 included for scale:

i-fC2GRcv-X2.jpg

i-ZZ8rRLJ-X2.jpg

This is a small Ti Hinderer. Gave daughter #1 a large, Ti Hinderer two months ago, and she loved it for her purse. It felt a little too clumsy in my shirt pocket.

I have several Fisher Space Pens, and one rides in my pocket every day.

Office bag is stocked with Parker Jotters, which I'm partial to.

0i5CQs.jpg

I also have a couple of Maratac pens that are pretty much bomb-proof.

cTp2FD.jpg

I've been through a lot of EDC pens but my current (Tactile Turn) is my favorite. I am a sucker for high-quality US-made and these pens are just great! Even their minis are easy to grip because of the fine concentric milling that goes down the pen's body. They aren't cheap, but I loved my first one (a full sized) so much that I bought the mini.

Agreed. I recently picked one up and it's very nice.

9LlZAV.jpg

Another Parker Jotter fan here; two pens and a pencil. The newer version has a roller ball insert, the older one has a standard ball point. You can kind of make out the different patterns on the pocket clips. I use the stainless because paint or other crud is easy to clean without melting the plastic. The last is an Autopoint Twinpoint that I got from my dad. I don’t use it very much but it’s nice to have a memory from him in my EDC backpack. IMG_0186.jpeg

I’m all in on the Prometheus Alpha. Electroless Nickel for a desk pen, Copper or Titanium for EDC. I really like the length, diameter, grip, weight, and that there are no springs. After using it, springs bother me (I can feel the give/movement when I begin to write).

While they’re built for Montblanc, the included adapter allows you to use a multitude of refills, including Fisher Space Pen. That said, I love the Montblanc rollerball.

Refills are the Achilles Heal for me. I’ve really disliked every Schmidt I’ve tried.

Now that I’m retired I don’t always pocket carry a pen, mechanical pencil and pocket pad. Albeit, I usually have them in my EDC bag or outer-coat pocket.. When I was working in a suit everyday , I carried a ( Black or SS ), Retro 51 with a blue ink rollerball ink cartridge, in my pants pocket. Unfortunately, I could never find a waterproof ink cartridge for the Retro. That was used to sign my name on official documents , many times a day. In my suit coat or overcoat, was usually a Slimline Cross SS pen & pencil set, as well as an extra fine point, Sharpie marker. My “pocket pad” has long been a Levenger, tan leather, 3” x 5” , index card carrier. In the past it was in my suit coat pocket. Now in my outer- coat pocket. Small Write In The Rain Pad in my EDC bag, with the extra fine black Sharpie.

Back