• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Sellers Beware of DZLVS8 Steve Kondel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the situation.

I sold a Nathuwat Customized po boy Emerson mini 7 CQC to DZLVS8 aka Steve Kondel. dzlvs8@yahoo.com

He purchased the knife knowing it was a user and has been carried and showed wear, thus it was priced accordingly @ $265

The knife has micarta scales. he said i tried to hide the true color of the micarta scales color by putting oil on it.

Someone correct me if im wrong but micarta naturally may change color with moister, water, sweat,& oil or even drying out.

1 week passes
2 weeks pass
3 weeks pass

In between the 3 Weeks before he contacted me, he tried to switch the mini cqc 7 blade out for a silver one.. Learning that it would not fit because nathuwat completely re did the liner lock.

Then he post it for sale asking $350 trying to make a profit. which is in the thread below

he told me he sold it to another member, that then later returned it to him.

HOWEVER in the thread for the nathuwat cqc7 thread he posted, he removed everything from it and put "WITHDRAWN" and says he was selling a benchmade 710. KEEP IN MIND IT WAS EDITED TODAY at 12:02....

something is not adding up with him... as he is trying to cover up his tracks

"withdrawn Benchmade 710 no longer for sale.
Last edited by dzlvs8; Today at 12:02 PM."

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1263797-Withdrawn

If he would have contacted me about the knife within a few days of receiving it saying there was an issue i would not have a problem giving him a refund.
but 3 weeks later after trying to take it apart and then selling it to someone else, god knows waht they did with it...

He has now opened up a paypal dispute for the knife. after he has learned he cant sell it for a profit.

here is the pictures of the knife that i posted for sale

Last edited:
Here is further proof he is trying to cover up his tracks.

I subscribed to his thread for the emerson cqc 7 nathuwat which he was selling, thankfully tapatalk saved the images

but now today at 12:02 has changed and edited everything to make it look like he was trying to sell a benchmade 710

Seems very shady. Once you take apart a knife it is yours. He was already on my ignore list.

Last edited:
It is NOW His knife.. He goes on my IGNORE LIST as well.
I would give him NOTHING>...Nada.....
If he dis assemlbed the knife..
And if I understand correctly
Tried to change blades--AFTER he accepted delivery?
Then he made alterations.. And screwed somethings up..AND are holding you accountable
for his error and not being able to resell the knife?? HMMMMMMMMMMM go figure...:thumbdn:

This buyer needs too pipe in as well.
I am TRYING to do my best not too be premature..BUT most of the facts are well documented..

It amazes me on how.Folks buy a knife as is.. KNOWING its condition and then begin a web of BS to make it look like the seller was the culprit
What Steve doesnt know.. Many many people look out for one another in here..............
IT may look like a huge community..BUT in essence.. IT is quite small and word travels quite FAST..
Thank you for the heads up.
GET with a Moderator to help you accurately sort thru this..

==Good luck buddy==
OH The buyer needs to be made aware of this thread to pipe in..OR not as I see that may happen..NO SHOW..

Last edited:
What worries me is that Chenn mentioned that Steve has opened a PayPal dispute. Knowing that PayPal often sides with the buyer, will PayPal consider the facts closely enough to realize that Steve is not behaving in an ethical manner? Mike

What worries me is that Chenn mentioned that Steve has opened a PayPal dispute. Knowing that PayPal often sides with the buyer, will PayPal consider the facts closely enough to realize that Steve is not behaving in an ethical manner? Mike

this is my concern as well.

Someone needs to PM him a link to this thread. The specific sales thread the OP mentions was 3 individual threads started a couple days apart each which I merged together. Also, we can see any and all edits made to a thread. Once you click submit, it doesn't go away because you edit the content. ;)

Knowing how difficult it is for me to speak, let alone write, anything coherent, my only advice would be to take as much time as needed to build a strong, fact based case. Mike

He has been made aware of this thread
Good. Get all your facts, emails, communications together and hand it all over to Paypal. Explain what happened, I can give you screenshots if needed of the original thread.

Knowing how difficult it is for me to speak, let alone write, anything coherent, my only advice would be to take as much time as needed to build a strong, fact based case. Mike

Good advice.

Good. Get all your facts, emails, communications together and hand it all over to Paypal. Explain what happened, I can give you screenshots if needed of the original thread.

Please pm me the original thread

I don't want to rush to judgment to early but buyers (me and everyone else) need to understand that you can not do anything to a blade if it comes in a condition that is not
satisfactory . But also consider when you are buying a user knife you get what you pay
for . If you think the seller didn't accurately describe the knife bring it to his attention
immediately . You also have to understand that you are not buying a new knife.
And guess what second thoughts don't count ..and if you cant make money on it doesn't count either.

Buyer please explain your situation to the rest of us. I am seriously getting sick and tired
of this kind of BS happening daily in the exchange .

OH HOW TRUE THIS IS--------- I am seriously getting sick and tired
of this kind of BS happening daily in the exchange .

It has been an issue with MANY members as I have stated the last 6-8 months

If I buy a blade.
Ask as many questions--Perhaps call and speak too the seller
After received and NO CONTACT for weeks. Something sounds a bit fishy.
With the small info that has been received by seller--
A PayPal claim has been filed BECAUSE The Buyer screwed a knife up and cant resell it...????
It is well known as a general across the board rule in here..
You receive a blade... YOU alter it..Disassemble it..Take a sharpy to color it PINK..
Sorry folks.. IT IS NOW your knife..
MY OWN..I repeat my own opinion..
I wouldnt budge and I would not give this guy a ""RED CENT""
Providing of course ALL the facts are in and he tried to change blades etc..
My curiousity..I looked the buyer up.. He is a GOLD Member .IN GOOD standings.. That is what puzzles me most..??
And weeks later filing a claim..YOU BOUGHT a USER KNIFE ....THE WORD USER is key..:thumbup:

What a lame ass... Im sorry you have to deal with this Chenn.

But lets all keep this in mind... MOST people here are really good people.. Dont let the shitheads ruin the integrity of our exchange :)

I didn't read all of that since I am out and don't need to waste anymore time with Andy Chen. So here is the video of how the knife ACTUALLYA looks now. The micarta scales were oiled up to hide the wear on the scales. Once the oil that he put on them dried the scales are NOW only half black and half really worn and dirty. NOTHING at all like the pictures he had.

Here is a link to the knife now!

[video=youtube_share;9iBq_-X_f7Q]http://youtu.be/9iBq_-X_f7Q[/video]

Looks like crap. I tried selling it and in my pics it was only looking bad on the back. When I ended up finally trying to sell it to someone, they denied the knife becuz it didn't even look like my pictures. I'm not about to try and rip someone off and oil up the scales to hide the discoloration of them. Andy needs to deal with his own knife. What I bought is NOT what is shown in the pictures.

When I bought the knife I let it sit in my drawer until a new satin blade came in and I didn't like that detent with a satin blade. So I took pictures and tried to sell it again
Since my pictures that I took of the knife were from when the oil just started drying on the knife, only the back started to show the discoloration. To avoid confusion with a PayPal case I eliminated those picture where the knife was only in the transition of turning back to crap.

I'm out ice fishing and trying to type this on my phone. I didn't read the post so maybe I didn't address everything that was written in regards to the defamation of my character, but I think the video speaks for itself. ANDY TRIED SELLING A KNIFE AND HIDING THE MAJOR DISCOLORATION OF THE SCALES BY OILING THEM. ..To go even further he is trying to destroy someone else's reputation just to save his own butt. Check out the video and compare it with the pictures that he took of the knife to sell it to me and YOU decide who is getting screwed.
:D

If you indeed took the knife apart and put on a satin blade, then took it apart again to put the original blade back on, that makes the knife yours in my book.

Most if not all knife companies won't take a knife back once its been tampered with.

As far as the micarta goes, thats how it looks naturally( before a patina sets in from use) at the beginning of your vid. Don't see anything wrong with the scales at all.

Micarta will darken over time with handling and use. If you want to return it to its original shade, you can clean it with a little dish soap, warm water and a scrubby pad or toothbrush. This will get it looking new or pretty close to new even if the handle has been oiled.

Why would I try to hide anything on the knife, I clearly stated it was a USER and had snail trails and pocket wear on it. All this should be expexted when buying a knife that a sellers says USER.

THen you try and sell it saying its "like new " "excellent condition" for a profit

So you admit you took the knife apart to put a new blade in as well.. The knife is yours to keep. If there was an issues with knife you should have told me immediately. Not taken it apart.

DZLVS8 - you tried to change the blade out and then you tried to sell it. The knife is yours.

Chenn - PayPal is buyer friendly, but you have lots of evidence going for you. The key point to stress is that he altered the item. You should be fine with the dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back