Silly things that have happened to you

Naw! But thanks for the guilt! :D

I was caregiving for my dad for many years and particularly as he approached his 91st birthday.

A meticulous Tool & Dye maker and an inventive genius in life ... he was, at advanced age, experimenting with technology to produce hydrogen fuel from water. Yes, he knew what he was doing. He did get the generator to run off hydrogen fuel - for a few minutes.

I arrived with groceries in one bag and paper towels bundled under one arm on this particular day.

Dad answered my knock. Blood was dripping down his forehead. He seized upon the paper towels and said, "Just what I need!"

When I went into the house, I found a visitor, clearly well over 80 years old and too feeble to move quickly out of the 'explosion' area ... sitting there, kind of amazed but not all that shattered by the happening. Love the acceptance of old people who have seen it all. If I had to guess, he seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed the excitement.

Honestly, I wish there were a punchline to this story. But not.

Anybody that knew dad would say ho-hum, what's new. So he blew the lid off the living room ... so what?

Last edited:
Back