Smokestacks and the Whatnot

That turned really nice John, Mac is right the black leather with the contrasting bronze spacers and the black wood butt section really set it off. :thumbsup:

Dayum, I love this one JC that handle is the da bomb!

Thanks Jared, I appreciate it my brother from another mother:D

Another mother? You sure about that? Our first and last initials are the same... ;)

Knife shaped up beautifully. Can't wait to order my next one from you!!! Just have to decide what I want.

Where doz we, er I signs up?
I'm gonna work on that today and might post a sticky about staking a claim to knives in wip's that aren't spoken for.

That turned really nice John, Mac is right the black leather with the contrasting bronze spacers and the black wood butt section really set it off. :thumbsup:
Thanks Scott, it came out a little fancier than I thought, but I like it.

Dayum, I love this one JC that handle is the da bomb!
Glad you like it Scott, it's pretty comfortable too.

Another mother? You sure about that? Our first and last initials are the same... ;)

Knife shaped up beautifully. Can't wait to order my next one from you!!! Just have to decide what I want.
This may be true (the funny thing is, you look a lot my brother)!

I'm gonna work on that today and might post a sticky about staking a claim to knives in wip's that aren't spoken for.

We'll make this simple instead.

When a knife in a progress thread is complete, I'll offer it in the newsletter first and then post it for sale in the progress thread. If there's no takers, then I'll move it to a sales thread in the subforum and it can collect dust there.

Not that it would happen, but I really hate the thought of posting a sales thread and someone snagging it before you guys that watched it built even know it's for sale. Posting in the progress thread first should avoid that and give you guys a shot at it in case you were interested.

Let me know what you think.

Well, that seems fair, but..... really only one solution:

G6BVIiE.jpg

That is one of the coolest knives I have seen. Heirloom quality stuff.

Fantastic work!

Looking forward to seeing the sheath, the knife sure turned out nice, that's for sure.

Going with dark brown with black edges. The belt loop will get attached as a separate piece.IMG_20170509_231146172_HDR-751x1335.jpg

My neighbor gave me that piece of antler, said he found it in his manure pile. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it has an awesome color to it, looks like a dinosaur bone. Must have taken a few years. Gonna store a few pieces in a bucket of manure and see if I can recreate it, would make for a gorgeous handle.

Think the sheath is going to be a great compliment to the knife!! :thumbsup:

Neat idea about the the antler! I need to go out and try to find some sheds!

That antler will make a great burnishing tool, it's exactly like the one I use, it's got a concave a convex and two straight sides, it's by far the best burnisher I have. I don't know but I think there is just something about the bone or antler that makes them work better than wood.

The edges will be black and will creep into the brown a little bit.
IMG_20170512_035657-1040x1848.jpg IMG_20170512_034323-740x1378.jpg IMG_20170512_034501-529x1016.jpg

Last edited:
Good to hear Dennis, looking forward to getting it sent out.

The sheath looks good John, job well done on both knife and sheath.

That looks totally wrong. The sheath is all backwards. You better send it to me for proper disposal.

Edges blacked with vinegaroon, and neutralized with baking soda. I really like the effect the dark edges give.
IMG_20170512_110926-1025x1822.jpg

Here's a lefty version to aggravate Mack and Chris:D
IMG_20170512_111408.jpg

Back