Off Topic Snarks are friends, not food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to share my exitement...
Last sunday I ran my second marathon!
Super exited and proud of this achievement.
It rained all the way but could still stick to the plan.
Last 2 km'n were tough as the legs were completely beat...
but finished 7 second under my goal in 3:29:53, yay! :D

Last edited:
but finished 7 second under my goal in 2:29:53, yay! :D

DOODE!!
That's amazing, congrats!

Congrats and nice achievement.
Good job setting and keeping your pace, too.

but finished 7 second under my goal in 3:29:53, yay! :D
Way to go knoefz !!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well, the 2nd car has been renamed "Fritz" - as in "on the".
Rode the XT225 to work this morning, 30mi. Definitely too cold for that. The way home was tolerable, but chilly. Bike did well. Rider didn't screw up. The Gold Star Bridge over the Thames was nerve-wracking. Probably shouldn't have had the speedo up to 72-indicated that long, but seems ok? That traffic MOVES, and I didn't want to get flattened (I know, that traffic is usually me).

Rode the XT225 to work this morning, 30mi. Definitely too cold for that. The way home was tolerable, but chilly. Bike did well. Rider didn't screw up. The Gold Star Bridge over the Thames was nerve-wracking. Probably shouldn't have had the speedo up to 72-indicated that long, but seems ok? That traffic MOVES, and I didn't want to get flattened (I know, that traffic is usually me).
Love the XT!

My 2019 is still working great after oil changes and keeping it clean. Even using the same battery!

I wish they would make it exactly the same, but just scaled up 30%, then throw on a kickstart.. It's a small but super fun and reliable bike.

I've owned a Fritz... definitely not my favorite vehicle

I've owned a Fritz... definitely not my favorite vehicle
Shoot, I got a set of Fritz twins.

*lol*
Me too, hence the bike.
Fritz and Fritz are likely to be replaced soon. Unless someone wants to shoehorn a Chevy Atlas 2.9L into a 21yo RX300 for me.

MolokaiRider said:
Love the XT!

My 2019 is still working great after oil changes and keeping it clean. Even using the same battery!

I wish they would make it exactly the same, but just scaled up 30%, then throw on a kickstart.. It's a small but super fun and reliable bike.

They are a lovely little size. Mine has a hole for the kickstart, which you can apparently add, if you can find a kit. It's a 2001.

Mostly north of us. We got some heavy rain/wind for a brief time, about it. I see that Arkansas and Indiana had some tornadoes from the same system. Iowa too.

Getting out the yard equipment today. I have had my walking tractors out. My old craftsman garden tractor is used to haul stuff around but push mower, wheeled weed eater and the vac/chipper/blower hadn't been started since fall . They all started with 3-6 pulls . Non-ethanol fuel and seafoam make a difference. I have 1 more bed to plow then I can get the mower deck on my Gravely.

Getting out the yard equipment today. I have had my walking tractors out. My old craftsman garden tractor is used to haul stuff around but push mower, wheeled weed eater and the vac/chipper/blower hadn't been started since fall . They all started with 3-6 pulls . Non-ethanol fuel and seafoam make a difference. I have 1 more bed to plow then I can get the mower deck on my Gravely.
FWIW I have pretty good luck with Sta-Bil fuel additive for stuff that is gonna sit a while.

Sea Foam is good stuff too, but tends to eat away at gaskets. I have ran it through a bunch of different motors, and even used it as an oil additive a few times. In some cases, it worked too well and ate some seals up, including a rear main seal on a little 4 cylinder truck I have.

It certainly cleaned up a few air flow intake sensors though when applied to an intake vacuum hose.

On that note, I find it sorta sad when I see folks buy a new mower, then run the dang thing for years while never changing the oil.

To be fair, a lot of the newer Honda motors need to be removed completely from the deck to change the oil. A lot of Briggs and Straton motors still have a nicely placed drain plug on the bottom.

Changed oil on those engines last year they haven't been run enough to need it yet Gravely professional 12 got engine and transmission oil changed this year . Grillo is about do . I get accused of talking better care of my lawn stuff than my vehicle

I've been using Seafoam in my motorcycle tank over the winter - maybe should switch to Sta-bil? I have both. Running a bunch of foam thru the first tank of the season right now.

Topped off the tank this afternoon and calculated 79.2mpg πŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back