Couple Mudmans
2810162634_e40db0060e_b.jpg

Mudman
1402966766_7d968d701a_b.jpg

Frogman
2109411639_c54711c073_b.jpg

DW-5600
354495603_bde7cddd5e.jpg

On a different note, I've had this Citizen Calibre 2100 for some time. It was a "cheap" watch but it consistently has been one of my best time keepers - better than both of the certified chronometers I've got:
386031730_220f6a74a1_b.jpg

:eek: Wow you guys have some nice watches! I use a cheap Casio I got off of ebay for $30. I'm too rough on watches to get something nice :eek:

I have a deep affection for Seiko Automatics. But I started noticing that they were more delicate than some other varieties. As a result, I have adopted a Citizen Ecozilla as my everyday watch and save the Seikos for dress occasions.

samzillaface.jpg

samzillaside.jpg

On the wrist (I'm a left):

ecozilla.jpg

Mine is a Breitling SuperOcean Chronometre ,,,,waterproof to 1650 feet........... sorry for the non-Busse content,,,,,only pic of the watch lyin about.........

PSportie.jpg

Was opting for the Rolex SubMariner ,,,,but they make a mediocre watch,,,,gr8 piece of jewelry,,,,but borederline accuracy,,,,the Breitling is superior.

Sinn 656 on a Maratac Zulu strap.

I've always liked Sinn watches, love the military/tool and pilot look too! That's way cool how they use german submarine steel in their cases...being much harder/scratch resistant and more corrosion resistant. NICE WATCH!

Mixed drink...gotcha. 8-year plan? Geeze...I can't even imagine what that's like. I figured you wouldn't hear of the college with all the big names around you. About the girls...yeah not too great at CM. Like most of the student population they are foreign, which I have nothing against, they just tend to be wayyy uptight and not leave their dorm if they aren't going to the library. Luckily the University of Pittsburgh is right down the road, along with a few other colleges :D:thumbup:
It's not so bad...after all, it's not the destination....Foreign girls are fun! You might find you like some foreign more than domestic ;). Don't you know? The library is the best place to pick up girls! No joke. After all, you mainly tend to find a certain type at the bars....

Did someone say Omegas??? A Omega Speedmaster "Moon Watch" was my first nice watch back in the 70's and I have loved them ever since. Here are mine, a couple Speedys, a all titanium X-33 "Mars watch", a couple Seamasters and a IWI Pilot watch. This picture didn"t turn out too good, so I'll try again later. :D

Nice Pam Paul, a lot of coin there, that must be where the SHBM money went!
:eek:

Tim, you have impeccable taste. I remember coming to you for Omega advice :D I still think the Moon watch is the coolest, classiest, most understated watch out there. I like how it's never noticed by others (I hate drawing attention) but draws my attention constantly.

Thank you! My last BIG watch purchase: EVER. The three I've got will likely last me...and my heirs a lifetime :). Yeah, it's safe to say there's about a trio of SHBM's in there :eek:

That X-33 is UBER cool :thumbup: second generation? You can tell by the crown right? The other is hashed horizontally if I remember correctly. How's that one treating you? There's a whole MESS of complications/functions on it, aren't there. Here's a link for you...I'm thinking of picking one up for my Speeder: http://www.ofrei.com/page856.html

I actually ran into a guy wearing one on his Speeder at the vintage auto show down the way from me and it looked VERY cool.

Anyone else noticing a trend? Omegas and G-Shocks seem pretty popular with this crowd.
I forgot to list my favorite Busse in my last post....currently its the NMFSNO.
Shouldn't be too surprising. If you look at why people are attracted to Busse: both watches are always at or near the peak of their respective technologies. In the category of each...you get a huge bang for your buck, piece of mind, performance, style. I can totally understand it.

We want the best, and for the money at least: both are up there IMO.

Great thread, Bubs. There are some awesome timepieces in this thread. I was actually planning on posting the same thread this morning. Great minds, brother...

My three duos:

Casio Rescue Gulfman with Ti case and tide graph. Water resistant to 20 ATM.
IMG_3946.jpg

Movado Museum Automatic in SS.
IMG_3947.jpg

My favorite: Seiko Sbbn011 "Darth Tuna". One-piece Ti case, Ceramic shroud, Ti keeper and buckle, 1000 m water resistant
IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3940.jpg

And a lume shot:
DarthTunaFace.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is a Breitling SuperOcean Chronometre ,,,,waterproof to 1650 feet........... sorry for the non-Busse content,,,,,only pic of the watch lyin about.........

PSportie.jpg

Was opting for the Rolex SubMariner ,,,,but they make a mediocre watch,,,,gr8 piece of jewelry,,,,but borederline accuracy,,,,the Breitling is superior.

Nice timepiece! :D I'd have to say they're both top notch...it's really just what you want. Rolex is a proven, time tested history for making incredible watches....entirely IN HOUSE. Something that really only botique watchmakers that likely NONE of us can or will be able to afford in our lifetimes can do. Granted, many companies HAVE an in house movement, but very few are ENTIRELY. That's a feat to me. They've produced the same front line watch (the submariner) for the past 50 years or so and have probably sold more watches than any luxury maker out there by a very wide margin. All of their watches are incredibly accurate and most are Chronometer certified....it's a third party so you know it's legit. The same guys that certified your watch.

I wouldn't call it jewelry. It's a serious watch. Though they do tend to get some gaudy "pimped" out watches and are well known as jewelers in that sense too.

But hell. A Rolex was worn on the deepest recorded dive and for a very long time, if not still has been used by the biggest names and companies in diving. Granted there isn't much use for a watch on a serous diver now as dive computers are the only way to go but Rolex is a company very deeply seated in the history, present and future of the watch world. I have HUGE respect for them even though I wouldn't buy one. It's just a matter of personal taste for me. As much as I love Omega and yes, it likely IS my favorite watch: Rolex, mechanically, is better.

One of the big downfalls with it is the price...I believe you pay for more than you get. That extra money you spend is on buying a name that has cost much to establish both through lavish advertising, sponsorships and so on.

Breitling is an excellent watch in it's own right and I'd rank it up there with my personal faves though. They make an excellent product and have stood the test of time as well. Very highly respected for tool, dress and dive watches. They're worn by some big names around the world, people who can wear what they want...but they choose Breitling. That says something.

I wouldn't put too much stock in accuracy as far as one watch being better than the other. My $30 freestyle watch is more accurate than my $6000 Panerai. My $150 Seiko Monster automatic is more accurate than a Baume et Mercier I used to have.

When it comes to mechanical watches, while it's nice: accuracy isn't the reason we're into them.

Killer pics Gat, love the first one. That G shock is awesome. I love the color. I like bright colors. Orange, red, yellow. Classic sports watch colors in my book :D

nice frogman, mike. little bit jealous over here. here's what I've been sporting as of late:
3736757110_c427554496_b.jpg

hopefully before too long I'll be able to snag a ti-zilla, but I need a new wing and backplate first.

There are certainly some nice watches in this thread. :thumbup: I'm usually wearing either a Speedy Auto or a Yao Seiko.

DSCN1473.jpg

Oh, as for the Busse....make mine a Mud Razor.

I need to get a few Zulus for my Tuna. I'm thinking an Oranage Rhino with PVD hardwRe would be great. Or a Bond with PVD. Hmm...

Sinn 656 on a Maratac Zulu strap.

Very Nice! :thumbup:

Y'all have some nice watches there!

Since my Suunto died it's been this Casio MudMan....

Solar + Atomic 6 + Shock resistant + Water resistant. Lightweight and very comfortable. What's not to like?

Ken

Ken! Long time no post! you should come to one of our events, lotsa fun.

Back