So, Busse guys: What's on your wrist?

Those are indeed Walt's adapters. They are some of the first ones he made and I asked him for a bead blast finish. I think his newer ones are much smoother looking.

Hey Fish, are those Walt's adaptor on the Eco-Zilla, or did someone else make those?

Seiko dive watch(with there water resistent leather band) for the past ten years, and it will stay on wrist untill it stops working.
When this one does go I'll just go back to my old Citizen wind surfer.
I'm not that into them, just want one that looks pretty good and works for a Long time.

Nothing super fancy, just a Wenger.
Same here, it did well when I worked in industrial jobs, but as soon as I became an office rat, I managed to chip the glass :confused:
I hit the railing on a staircase, and now the watch gets that nice foggy look on the inside when it gets wet.
It's accurate and clean looking (and cheap compared to the rest of the watches here :)).

Right now, it is my Ball Master Engineer II automatic.

60 tritium vials light this watch up so brightly that you can read maps with it in total darkness.

Attachments

• BallAutomatic.jpg
    BallAutomatic.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 51
It depends on the day, but somedays it is this one....

bnbsfnobreitling4adjhq1.jpg

bnbsfnobreitling1adjdu4.jpg

timex expedition, had it since 95, four bands and batteries, stays right with the cellphone, no need to change at the moment.
do have a fossil stainless--it quit pretty quick, timex ironman for the pretty times, use to have a bullova accutron, but the ex-wife done somethin with that and a whole bunch of other stuff...

I couldn't help it, this came in today. Attack of the Mudman!!!
XXX
CASIOMUDMAN_0066.jpg

Got a couple Tag Heuer Links that I really like. Also just stumbled on the Gotham series from Tourneau, thanks to Jerry. It has been getting most of the play time lately.

Garth

Got a couple Tag Heuer Links that I really like. Also just stumbled on the Gotham series from Tourneau, thanks to Jerry. It has been getting most of the play time lately.

Garth

Where is the watch made out of INFI? Mechanical parts an all. Maybe a blade that slides out? :p

Seiko Orange Monster, Every day for about 2 years now, before that Black Monster, before that Steel Seal Luminox. :D

Great posts guys! Keep em comin!!! Love seeing the Sinn's and Bathy's especially. Not something you see every day! Strangely, I'm surprised I've seen no Kobold's yet :D

Right now, it is my Ball Master Engineer II automatic.

60 tritium vials light this watch up so brightly that you can read maps with it in total darkness.
That's a bad ass watch. I was drooling over their pilot watch when I was at the local AD a while ago carousing. Not too terribly many watches have Tritium. Great for that ALL the time lume. Not quite as bright as superluminova but it's MANY times more practical :thumbup: plus it lasts for like 20 years...doesn't really start to degrade until around 15 years. Not too shabby :D you can always have Ball change out the tubes once that happens too! Great watch! VERY uncommon too! I've never seen one on anyone.

It depends on the day, but somedays it is this one....

bnbsfnobreitling4adjhq1.jpg

bnbsfnobreitling1adjdu4.jpg
Can't go wrong with a Navitimer...classic pilots instrument.

Nice move! Definitely more of a "watch man's" watch. Which one? WORTHLESS without pics of THAT ONE :D The only one I ever handled was the Avant-garde. Just SOUNDS expensive right? :p They know their stuff!

Garth

Seiko Orange Monster, Every day for about 2 years now, before that Black Monster, before that Steel Seal Luminox. :D
Every man should have a Monster :D I wear mine at least twice a week. I used to have an orange one but it died (or rather the seals died) and took on some water when I was only about 30 feet deep when free diving (no, I don't regularly swim that deep...pointless-not enough down time, just enough to show a buddy he still can't touch me in the water). Land is a different story. It was about 6 years old though and had seen the ocean more than most American citizens do in their entire lives, salt water kills seals. If you're in it often you really need new seals every 4-5 years or so.

If you're interested in modded monsters I got a bad ass one off a guy in china that works on them, google Yobokies
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t208/yobokies/Mods/
I've got this one with a AR undercoated Sapphire Crystal (only costs $40):
IMG_2801.jpg

And the Seiko Sumo is a beast...would work great on a big fella like you!
DSC02389.jpg

Last edited:
Love the YOBOKIES mods on the Monster! Might have to send the OM in for a facelift. I missed out on the orange Sumo but the Orange Bullet works for me too (even upside-down:confused:). I swap watches depending on my mood or what job I'm doing. Everything is a 'beater' except the Ti Landshark, it gets the dress-up duty. I love this watch thread! Things a man doesn't leave home without, a good watch and a dependable knife.
XX
SEIKOS_0071.jpg
Looking at a cellphone for the time doesn't have the soul of your favorite wristwatch.

Last edited:
I have been wearing my Trusty Seiko Titanium kinetic for years now. Only have a few bad pics.

Here I am wearing it a while ago tearing up some fence from a deck with my scrapper6.
100_1162.jpg

I have several Seiko's,Citizens, fossils and a movado. I prefer lightweight watches so I tend to favor titanium and I dont like big faces normally.

Nice bunch of Seiko's :D:thumbup: there's a reason they last 20 years! Rediculously accurate for such a cheap, mass produced movement...one of the cheapest two automatic movements out there. But it's got the "soul" of an automatic like you say. One of the improvements that Seiko made some time ago was the magic lever system where the rotor can go bi directionally and still wind the main spring. Pretty cool, something that even my now gone Seamaster Chrono didn't do.

There are some cool mods out there, it's way cool being able to customise your watch so while there might be a million out there, yours is still nearly one of a kind.

The Sumo is a huge improvement over the base movement, it hacks, has metal date wheels, hand winds, and takes the same dedication to quality and innovation that Seiko uses in everything and takes it towards the premium side of watch movements while still maintaining affordability.

They're like $500 on ebay but you can find one for under $350 on the watch forums in like new condition. A bargain in my book.

I like the hard lex crystal too.

Seiko knew what they were doing when they made their dive watches with drilled lugs. I only wish you could use screws instead of pins. Much more secure.

Love the YOBOKIES mods on the Monster! Might have to send the OM in for a facelift. I missed out on the orange Sumo but the Orange Bullet works for me too (even upside-down:confused:). I swap watches depending on my mood or what job I'm doing. Everything is a 'beater' except the Ti Landshark, it gets the dress-up duty. I love this watch thread! Things a man doesn't leave home without, a good watch and a dependable knife.
XX
SEIKOS_0071.jpg
Looking at a cellphone for the time doesn't have the soul of your favorite wristwatch.

There's also some great guys in the US if you want a face lift. I also have the contact for a guy in can. that will aluminium oxide blast your case for that "rough" looking blast. He can swap the dials and bezels for you too. He's got a mod for the 007 that makes it look like a Seiko-Doxa.

Back