"Survivor" Design thread - let's wrap this up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the #1. And, yes, I'd be interested in ordering one. An option of a wooden grip would be interesting too, though nothing exotic, just durable (Cherry, Hickory, or the non-conventional Gum).

Thanks for all the great suggestions, guys!!!!

Regarding handles:

For this production run, I want to keep things as simple as possible....and as efficient as possible.

You all know I LOVE stabilized woods - and cocobolo :D - and would prefer that. But those handle materials make the process less efficient and more costly....so the overall cost would be greater.

My view on this is that the production run can be done in micarta, and then afterwards, I'll gladly do custom handles. :thumbup:

The ability to use micarta in large sheets is a large part of being able to do these at a low cost and higher efficiency.

Hope that makes sense. :thumbup:

Looks like #3 is going to be it, guys. I'll go ahead and start a pre-order thread. :eek: :eek:

Interesting. What was behind your decision to switch from 5160 to A2? I thought you had indicated A2 would be too costly. Not complaining, just curious.

A2 costs more, but heat-treat is easier, more reliable and cheaper. Make sense? All balances out in the end to about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back