TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

I haven't heard anything, either. However, Paul did state last week in a Facebook posting that orders would be going out for the next two weeks. I'll give him until the end of this week, then request a shipping update. Sounds like he's still swamped with many orders.

Yeah, still waiting. I called on th 20th and Paul said my order would be shipped by the end of the week, today... But nothing yet.

On another note, the "removable table" discussion. I too was under the impression that it was the same style as the KO1, seems that is not so. They have updated the website to show the new table for the K02, previous there was no picture of the K02 leaving you to assume it was the same as K01

Yeah, still waiting. I called on th 20th and Paul said my order would be shipped by the end of the week, today... But nothing yet.

On another note, the "removable table" discussion. I too was under the impression that it was the same style as the KO1, seems that is not so. They have updated the website to show the new table for the K02, previous there was no picture of the K02 leaving you to assume it was the same as K01

That picture for the K02 table has been there for a while, it is the old version. The new one has flat clamps, not the nice raised ones like in the picture on the website.

The non diamond stones in the kit are silicon carbide? So use oil on these stones or does water work as well?

Mine shipped on the 14th of December and arrived on the 23rd. The sharpener arrived undamaged however the green box is destroyed. With the amount charged for shipping it would have been nice if it was packaged better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you who have recently received (or will soon) the system...can you tell what has been upgraded from the K02? In other words, how close to the K03 is what you are getting?

Cheers.

Just finished reading the whole thread and I can't wait to order one.

The issue of the sharpening angle change toward the tip of the knife on a knife with a curvy belly was brought up earlier on this thread but have not gotten much of a discussion, is that an issue with this machine?

On the Edgepro you move the knife along and that somewhat compensate for the curve of the knife to keep the sharpening angle consistent with the rest of the knife. With this system, the knife is held stationary so moving it around to compensate for the curved front portion of the knife is not possible, or is it?

This might be a non-issue but I'm quite new to sharpening so be gentle :)

Thanks!

Just finished reading the whole thread and I can't wait to order one.

The issue of the sharpening angle change toward the tip of the knife on a knife with a curvy belly was brought up earlier on this thread but have not gotten much of a discussion, is that an issue with this machine?

On the Edgepro you move the knife along and that somewhat compensate for the curve of the knife to keep the sharpening angle consistent with the rest of the knife. With this system, the knife is held stationary so moving it around to compensate for the curved front portion of the knife is not possible, or is it?

This might be a non-issue but I'm quite new to sharpening so be gentle :)

Thanks!

The short answer... set the knife based on the belly/tip area.

The long answer... LINK ;)

Dear friends,
Thank you all for your patience and sorry for this delay in shipping process, now the December's batch is finished, next one coming in February.
Your generosity and support have been the key ingredients to our success.
So this New Year we wish to thank you for all the cooperation and hope to continue the association for a long time to come. Your discussion and feedback are very helpful,
it's the only base for all design improvements and for any development.
IMG_8039.png

As for the flat table, the idea behind is to provide standard mounting element, it widely used in CNC, the guidelines along the table called T-Slot and it's a lot of standard binding elements for t-slot. It can be used as thrusts or as clamps.
The flat table surface is machined by precise CNC, the scratches on table surface is a chip tracks, it not effects the machining precision.

Paul, I love my KO2 system and have had great results with it. Best system I have used well worth the wait!!!!

For those of you who have recently received (or will soon) the system...can you tell what has been upgraded from the K02? In other words, how close to the K03 is what you are getting?

Cheers.

For sure, I have never done a YouTube video, but I'll do an unboxing for this. So stoked :) Should be here this week.

Thanks for sharing the aftership site! This eases my mind knowing the shipment is proceeding well. USPS tracking should take over once it's in the U.S.

Back