TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

That's a good idea. But honestly I don't think the delivery person is going to be too happy to wait for us to open the package and go through it to check if anything is missing, much less if anything is broken specially if you are not familiar with the product. Personally I have never seen this sharpener in person only on videos. Anyway... just my humble opinion.
Thanks

This is my first post on this forum. I'll get the bad out of the way. I ordered and received the K02 back in the fall and got all the options I thought I would want. A couple things were missing from my order and Paul quickly sent the parts except one (the Single clamp) I ordered it but it didn't end up on my order officially so it wasn't paid for somehow. I have since ordered it along with some upgraded springs about a month ago but I haven't received a response since it's a "new order" and I know they are busy as heck. I haven't sharpened anything that the double clamps couldn't handle so far so that's OK. The Good. This blows the EP and wicked edge out of the water IMHO. It's not only built like a tank, the wide range of stones it can take is great and I can't say enough about its precision and usability. I paid around 1k with all the accessories I got (Canadian) and I'm super pleased with the system. There seems to be a lot of complaining about price increases which do suck but it's called capitalism, he has raised prices and can hardly keep up with production. Buy this system with confidence.
Good for you Paul (get me that clamp :))

This may seem like a dumb question but can anyone tell me if diamond stones (Venev) ever have to be lapped? if so what is the process?

Last edited:
Hello
Thanks for good words and enjoy sharpening!
We will try to send your order in the next batch.
Yes, because of Russian inflation metal and steel increased in price and we forced to raise our prices (a little).

Updated narrow abrasive holder:

Perfect way to work with narrow abrasives. 150x12x3mm size, for sharpening recurve, concave and convex blades, for pocket knifes and folding multitool knives like Victorinox. Low weight, excellent handling and an overview of the cutting edge during operation.

- The design of holder has been improved, now it lighter and thinner, weight only 100 grams.
- Stiffness of holder was increased! Due to the tight fit of the support plate to base rod.
- Solid machined clamps made of aluminum alloy Д16Т (Russian analog of 2024) and precisely oriented in the axial direction by means of a supporting plate made of polished stainless steel and rod.
- Abrasive tool placed as close as possible to the longitudinal axis of the holder, which significantly improves the control over the movements of the stone during sharpening. - Abrasive holder features convenient and simple place for digital protractor.
- New construction more ergonomic and leaves pleasant feelings while working.

Convenient abrasive holder allows to fast re-mount stones, blanks
The carrier plate along the long bar provides additional rigidity to the mounting of abrasive stones and relieves excessive loads, this plate gives you the opportunity to work with fragile stones without the aluminium blanks.
Distance from the handle to the stone do not depends on the length of the abrasive, this increases the control during finishing operations.
The kit comes with two spacer rings with damper, one of the rings works as a parking unit.
- Abrasive holder bevels 90 +45 degrees
- Jaws:
width - 18/16mm; the width of the support plate - 16mm; operating height - 5mm (groove height for 45 degree, 3mm).
- Min/Max size of abrasive: 105/175mm long.
IMG_9499.jpgIMG_9497.jpgIMG_9504.jpg

Last edited:
K01 Introduction (2017 update)

K01 Base Kit, includes K01 Base, single clamp, diamond stones and the keys. Good for sharpening hunting knives and thick kitchen knives. Very flexible and extensible configuration, initially purchased for home usage can be upgraded to more professional configurations.

Last edited:
K01 Standart Kit

Includes K01 Base, stand, double clamp, profile abrasives and the keys. Good for sharpening pocket knives and kitchen knives. Very flexible and extensible configuration,will fit perfectly in your kitchen.

Hi Paul, i discovered your sharpening system only today and i am totally blown away. That would be quite an upgrade to my 20 year old lansky system. :)

I live in Germany and would prefer a short shipping distance, if possible. Are you shipping from Russia or USA? Maybe there is another online-shop, i have not discovered yet, located within the European Union?

Hi Paul, i discovered your sharpening system only today and i am totally blown away. That would be quite an upgrade to my 20 year old lansky system. :)

I live in Germany and would prefer a short shipping distance, if possible. Are you shipping from Russia or USA? Maybe there is another online-shop, i have not discovered yet, located within the European Union?

http://tsprof.com/ It ships from Russia.

To learn about sharpener configurations, avaliable options and how to place an order visit our official web-page
You can also subsribe to our facebook page to keep informed about the latest news and desing improvements

K01 Complete Kit

Includes K01 Base, stand, double clamp, single clamp, profile abrasives, diamond stones (2pcs), dialux polishing paste, double-sided leather blank (yuft),attachment for sharpening scissors and straight knives, digital protractor, and the keys. Good for sharpening any type of knives, even the scissors and bayonet knife. With diamond stones and polishing paste you can made a fine mirror edge. This universal configuration was created for professional use and fit perfect in your workplace.

tsprof;

if i ordered the K01 standard kit now from the website would i receive the 2017 updated one? (is everything in the picture above what i would receive?)

the knob on the main unit under the knife clamp is different to the older version, is this still metal/steel like the older one?....
it looks plastic in the photo above (doubting it is though)?
what shipping cost should i expect to England?
any tinkering or upgrades expected for the 2017 version (K01)

thanks.

Hello!

Yes, if you order any kit now, you will recive a 2017 model.
Yes, our system still full metal construction, even clamps, we just painted some detail in black to look nicely.
The shipping via EMS takes 8-12 days. Shipping from Russia to England costs 55-85 USD depending on the weight of a parcel. Different configurations of the sharpener have various weight.
No, K01 will not be updated soon.

K02 Introduction (2017 update)

K02 Basic kit.
Includes K02 body, K02 double clamp, profile abrasives and the keys. Good for sharpening kitchen, and pocket knives. With our branded flipping mechanism allows you to finishing your blade way faster and comfortable than K01.

K02 Wranglerstar kit

Includes K02 body, K02 single and double clamps, stand, profile abrasives and the keys.
No need to introduce our bestseller. If you a professional knife sharpener, you will love this kit, nothing superfluous, only what will help to sharpen your knives good, fast and with nicely finish.

K02 Professional kit.

Includes K02 body, K02 single clamp and double clamp, K02 filet double clamp, attachment for sharpening scissors and straight knives, stand, double-sided leather blank(yuft), profile abrasives, digital protractor, dialux polishing paste, 40x LED magnifier, case and the keys.

This kit for real professional sharpeners, with this kit you can sharpen almost all types of knives and scissors, With this kit your blades will be razor sharp and mirror edge.

Has anyone done a thickness compensator modification yet?

Or is one commercially available yet?

Or any clever ideas to approach this?

Has anyone done a thickness compensator modification yet?

Or is one commercially available yet?

Or any clever ideas to approach this?

Shouldn't really need to, since the angle measurement is based directly off the arm

Hello!
With tsprof sharpener thickness compensates by precise angle adjustment, an angle are measured and adjusted 0.1 degree precise.

Back