The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

The weather has been cooperating enough for some motorcycle work and riding so this morning I decided to try some inverted K&N Clubman bars on the Tiger. The only downside(?) was I found myself doing 70 on a road where I normally am doing 60.
HJ6RbfH.jpg

rEDtBKs.jpg

Ok, have to ask just out of curiosity, has Buck made anything using Cruwear? I know MAGNACUT is the big thing right now, like the BOM, but what about Cruwear? Would that be a good steel compared to 5160? Just a question.

440C
425M
420HC
S30V
ATS-34
BG42
154CM
CPM-154
D2
S35VN
S45VN
DAMASTEEL
S90V
DAMASCUS
MAGNACUT
20CV
3V
12C27M
410HC

I think that sums up what they've used over the years. I'm sure I'm missing something but that's the best I can do from memory.

So, no... they've not used Cruwear.

Last edited:
440C
425M
420HC
S30V
ATS-34
BG42
154CM
CPM-154
D2
S35VN
S45VN
DAMASTEEL
S90V
DAMASCUS
MAGNACUT
20CV
3V
12C27M

I think that sums up what they've used over the years. I'm sure I'm missing something but that's the best I can do from memory.

So, no... they've not used Cruwear.
great list. hits close to all of them, but they did some vantages in 13c26 also.

great list. hits close to all of them, but they did some vantages in 13c26 also.
I knew there was one I was missing from the vantages!
Also excluding any Schrade, Camillus, Vitorinox, and import knives, if course.
Seems there was another Swedish steel they used in cutlery too.

Never heard of 410HC. Thought it was just a typo from the description of those knives.

I knew there was one I was missing from the vantages!
Also excluding any Schrade, Camillus, Vitorinox, and import knives, if course.
Seems there was another Swedish steel they used in cutlery too.

Never heard of 410HC. Thought it was just a typo from the description of those knives.
Schrade and Camillus used 440a on the Bucks, didn't they? victorinox and wenger maybe 12c27 or 4116 type steel...but I'm guessing

probably I can't remember them all. you did a fine job remembering.

Oh...that may be. You would think they would have caught and corrected it after being listed for 7+ years. Who knows. 🙃

I am positive the 941 is 410HC but will check with our engineers on Monday on why we use that instead of 420HC
I checked with our long time engineers and the reason the 941 is produced in 410HC instead of 420HC is because of the thin design and ability to be flexible. 410HC is the same material used for the lockbar in a 110 and 112.

Back