THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

Okey dokey fellas, got my other shirts in.
My daughter's women's medium wound up being too big (I ordered women's but, the shirt said unisex) plus, she kinda told.me with here eyes that she wouldn't wear it lol....ya how teenage girls are - anyways, I had then decided to send my Stars & Stripes back as well to exchange for 2 other shirts. So, I called Spread Shirt, and wouldn't ya knkw they were kind enough to just let me keep those Stars & Stripes Shirts & issue me a credit for the 2!! So, I got the code, went on the site and ordered 2 Long Sleeve Shirts. I'll have pics below. As for the shirts that arrived this morning- they are not the Premium shirts, but, they are very nice. They're Fruit of the Loom - feels really good. True to size as well. Here's some pics fellas. Hope this helps others decide. I can't recommend Spread Shirt enough. Really very nice people to work with.
20231211_130543.jpg20231211_130557.jpg20231211_130607.jpg20231211_130613.jpg
Screenshot_20231211_131355_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20231211_131404_Samsung Internet.jpg

Can't get over how nice the Free Reign is....
Cleans up super well too!
This thing is just pure 🔥
If you've ever contemplated getting a sword (and we all have) - I can honestly tell ya that I'm really glad I did! It's just so freakin neat!
Just the build quality, balance & the looks are amazing in person!
Voodoo, if your reading this, then PLEASE - PLEASE make a longer version of this!
I'm not sure if it would be a Bataniku or what? I'm not all up on the types of swords - but, I do know that this Free Reign is special -
It HAS to have a larger 2handed counterpart? It's just too Epic not to man....
20231212_113726.jpg20231212_113139.jpg20231212_113612.jpg

Can someone post a photo of how high the larger knives ride in the Danny the Bull sheaths on belt ? I was considering one when I ordered the HR2 but was worried would be hard to draw at 8” . Belt position looks very high . I was likely going the route of kydex and adding a dangler or getting leather built . What about the Azulas? Had same worry

Thank you super helpful. I like my blades to ride with pommel just above the belt so seems these ride higher

I have found the DannyTheBull (DTB) sheath is a quick order option . However kydex (BuyBrown)gives a lot more carry options... Such as attaching to web gear , plate carrier , molle etc.

I have found the DannyTheBull (DTB) sheath is a quick order option . However kydex (BuyBrown)gives a lot more carry options... Such as attaching to web gear , plate carrier , molle etc.
This is likely route I'm going. I have VJT sheath on my BGHR1 with a dangler from Sagewoodgear and it rides perfect. Love that you can tilt the knife to sheath or draw with the dangler as well.

The DTB sheaths tend to ride a little high, IMO. For a standard sized grip, too high for my comfort. For one of the small EDC knives, it tends to work a lot better, since those grips are smaller anyway. They seem like good sheaths, just ride higher than I would like.

Gotta say, I really like how & where the Battle Mistress(& all others for the matter) rides in my Danny The Bull Sheath
It's all just personal preference - but, there's no doubt, it's one helluva nice leather sheath!
Btw, check out the video on the DTB sheath - that knife ain't comin out 😉

anyone know the seller Volley Knives on ebay that has 1000+ Busse knives listed, many with the plain dark red background? Is that a dealer on BF?

I've been searching high and low for an INFI SFNO or ASH1 -- and the only place I see them is there...

anyone know the seller Volley Knives on ebay that has 1000+ Busse knives listed, many with the plain dark red background? Is that a dealer on BF?

I've been searching high and low for an INFI SFNO or ASH1 -- and the only place I see them is there...
I bought a knife from Volley Swan. Maybe he changed names.

He's good to deal with. If you message him on ebay then he will message you back to communicate via email so that way he gives you a better deal.

He's good to deal with. If you message him on ebay then he will message you back to communicate via email so that way he gives you a better deal.
So started conversation with Dan Huang at your suggestion. Then did a google search and ran into a BF thread about him and his questionable dealings. Has this changed (assume not) . Shame cause the guy has 1000 Busses allegedly for sale

So started conversation with Dan Huang at your suggestion. Then did a google search and ran into a BF thread about him and his questionable dealings. Has this changed (assume not) . Shame cause the guy has 1000 Busses allegedly for sale
Yes he is a changed man and safe to do business with man. I wouldn't sweat it. It was a long time ago and he's helped a lot since then. Just my 2 cents. My knife was immaculate and I had absolutely no trouble dealing with him.

Edit: obviously document everything though.

Double edit: Not my story to tell, and I can't remember the moderator specifically. But when I inquired about his shady past I was informed he helped a BF moderator recover his stolen knives at his expense. Nothing but good things these days from what I've seen and heard.

This is the knife I purchased from him.

Last edited:
He's done right by me for the past couple of years and transactions.

Back