The Kwaikens are coming

I received my Todd Begg Steelcraft Kwaiken just now. This is simply a FANTASTIC flipper. One of the best titanium millings you'll see. Great blade. Only 5.03 ounces with a 3.95" blade! Buttery smooth action on the ceramic IKBS bearings. Wow!

Thank you for your comments and supporting us here at Begg knives. We hope you and your Kwaiken will have a long life together.

If I were to request one change that would be to have a backspacer without the lanyard hole and instead continue the jimping to the bottom of the handle. Personally, it would give better traction in a reverse grip, looks better and is a little shorter.

I think I'll put ceramic ball(s) in the lanyard hole. That should match up well with the ceramic ball at the end of the clip. Now, where do I find one that fits?

I got an emailer from Begg Knives and it says: "We've released 1200 for sale so far and want to thank everyone for their support in helping us launch this new Seelcraft line."

Last edited:
This one is definitely on my must have list. Before I order one from the first release, is there a possibility of color anodized versions in a later batch?

I just got one in, and all I can say is..... WOW.... I am blown away completely... This is the nicest production mid tech flipper I have ever had the pleasure of owning. It is that smooth! Those IKBS bearings makes it roll so quiet and smooth like its glass. The milling, the details the milling inside the scales for weight reduction, it is a lot of knife for the weight and carries impressively well IWB 1 o clock for me I don't even feel it on me. I am amazed to know that the production was done by reate, which made this possible and I must say they executed this perfectly. Todds design and feel is in this knife it has soul. And is a work of art, dare I say- man jewelry. The clip is perfection. The ceramic ball is so smooth, and its just such a smooth knife all around... This is a favorite for sure! Just excellence. Cant wait until the mini bodega comes out, maybe its the 3 inch Ive been waiting for...

Had mine for few days.. very nice...
but I do have a hard time trying to open the pivot screw... it kept on spinning... I wish they have torx in both side...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446279181084.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446279181084.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 20
Had mine for few days.. very nice...
but I do have a hard time trying to open the pivot screw... it kept on spinning... I wish they have torx in both side...

Any reason you need to open the issue other than wanting to?

You could try pressing a latex glove hard against the opposite side of the pivot while unscrewing.

Hahaha yeah.. was kinda of curious.... I like to open the knife as soon as I get it.. I know kinda stupid...

I did try using rubber ... latex glIves etc.. no luck so far..

but good think i failed.. it seems it's a loose ball bearing on the inside

Hahaha yeah.. was kinda of curious.... I like to open the knife as soon as I get it.. I know kinda stupid...

I did try using rubber ... latex glIves etc.. no luck so far..

but good think i failed.. it seems it's a loose ball bearing on the inside

I think they're caged ceramic bearings.

Perhaps someone will offer some after-market standoffs for this.

I kind of like the jimping on the backspacer and if continued where the lanyard hole is it would grip excellent reverse grip.

However, barrel standoffs are also a great option since I think it would look even better and you have some additional weight savings.

I got word from Mark at Todd Begg Knives that the IKBS ceramic bearings are loose NOT caged.

so
.thats a loose bearing on the inside... I m so lucky i didn't open it..
this want to mess with loose bearings... even though they say loosing a few is ok ...

so
.thats a loose bearing on the inside... I m so lucky i didn't open it..
this want to mess with loose bearings... even though they say loosing a few is ok ...

You just have to be careful with the loose bearings. Here's a how to video by Ikoma (the I in IKBS):

[video=youtube_share;wR6-ls6QOUQ]http://youtu.be/wR6-ls6QOUQ[/video]

Back