The New SURVIVE!

We will be opening up a last chance preorder for the GSO-5.1 (and all of the remaining GSO models) once it gets closer to cutting. There will definitely be an SK-5.1, we are planning to transition most of the existing GSO models to the SK Series. The GSO-5.1 has been so popular that we will likely be doing another SK preorder to be sure we are making enough of those.
More great news! Thank you for all the updates and clarification SURVIVE! Ellie SURVIVE! Ellie ! :thumbsup:

SURVIVE! Ellie SURVIVE! Ellie

Maybe I missed it, but can you tell us what will be the differences in the SK line compared to the GSO line?

Obviously less handle material choices and sheath options, but will the go back to the old stonewashed finish? (keeping my fingers crossed). Or will they basically be made to the spec that your Current GSOs are made and then the GSO line becomes full custom small batch?

SURVIVE! Ellie SURVIVE! Ellie

Maybe I missed it, but can you tell us what will be the differences in the SK line compared to the GSO line?

Obviously less handle material choices and sheath options, but will the go back to the old stonewashed finish? (keeping my fingers crossed). Or will they basically be made to the spec that your Current GSOs are made and then the GSO line becomes full custom small batch?
Old stonewash would be awesome!

I'd never heard of Millit Knives (in Meridian, ID) until Guy's mention of them in the linked video and your post, here is their website for those wondering: https://millitknives.com/

I didn't myself until last month, when I caught eye of Jerry Moen's Blue Max 2 line. From what I've seen so far EK has the best Jerry Moen selection among the dealers.

Earlier today a co-worker got fired. Initially I was shocked but then I realized this person had been doing things which led to this for some time, and then it all clicked.

I have to admit, when I got the email and watched Guy's video, at first I was a little shocked, but then the realization set in that this is a good business practice, and things have been leading up to this. Something many of you have been faulting Guy with not doing for some time.

Thanks Guy and crew. I just pre-ordered a 6 and am happy to wait on it, and excited to see where the SK line takes the company. Bon courage!

I really enjoyed that period last year when Guy was clearing out all the old inventory and selling something a little different every couple of weeks.
Perhaps once he gets out from under the backlog he can start doing some more creative projects. :thumbsup:

While they mak a excellent product, getting them will still be the problem. I gave money to "starter" fund 3 years ago and still haven't received knives, when questioned about it was told gso 12 probably would not be received this year

Ellie

Does the $25 pre-order fee only apply to the SK line? Are the last chance pre orders for GSO still complete up front cost or are they available for the $25 deposit as well?

Thanks

My only disappointments :

1. I want camo micarta options. IMO camo micarta is a staple for SK!s.

2. 20cv options in the 3.5. 5.1, and 6 SK line.

My only disappointments :

1. I want camo micarta options. IMO camo micarta is a staple for SK!s.

2. 20cv options in the 3.5. 5.1, and 6 SK line.
I know there's going to be things here and there in the future that I'll think "I wish they offered this or that but for now I support them streamlining as much as possible to get these orders shipping out!

I hope in the future, either through the GSO line or add one to our orders, we can get exactly what we want.

Based on what they've said about SK handle options and Survive not stocking extra handle scales there are definitely going to be advantages in buying the GSO versions.

Ellie

Does the $25 pre-order fee only apply to the SK line? Are the last chance pre orders for GSO still complete up front cost or are they available for the $25 deposit as well?

Thanks
Looking at the Survive webpage the GSO requires up front payment.

Thanks Fancier. I just checked that as well. Wish it was the same as the SK pre-order.

I find it fairly rude more money is been asked for when those products still aren't in stock let alone even in production. Sure only $25 yet how about they have a few...hundred in stock then just list them on the web site and sell them.

In for a penny, in for a pound.
I've received over half my Survive knives, and I think that they are worth twice what I paid for them, so I figure I'm in the black already. ;)

On the Current Pre-order for the GSO's (3.5. 6 and 12) it says not to expect delivery for Several Months, I interpret several months to mean less than one year, Correct, not correct-Really doesn't matter I ordered all of them-Just Curious, :cool:Thanks:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I hope the best for them too but I am just too worried that this is just another ploy to get money from people. Since they moved to an LLC in 2014 I have not seen many people that get their blades in hand. Deadlines come and go and keep getting further behind but they always have time to accept more money. I see a few people get blades and their own statements of not ordering them or waiting for them says it all. They trash those that question what is going on and boot those that raise questions. You see posts that blades are ready to be shipped and 8 months past the 3 weeks shipping date they still haven't come but you get a chance to order 2nds every week and even then they don't get them in the 90 day window. I haven't seen 10 knives in the past 18 months go out to the so called fans of Survive. So now we have the new SK series of knives that will help preorders get out faster. Just how is that going to work when SK Knives are not even in production or have a thing to do with the GSO Knives. Your only working on the GSO knives right now so how is taking on a new project even if it comes to you 95% done it will still require more time to work on it and if you have 1000s of new SK orders that is 1000s x 5% more time that is taking away from the GSO. You haven't finished the GSOs yet and you are still taking orders for them and now SK knives. The only increase is the amount of $ going into your coffers and with less staff or no more staff can only mean more time and money but less product. In the past 18 months have you even completed just one model preorder let alone presale, 2nds, ugly betty, and other names? Could it be that people stopped ordering the GSO knives because they are not being sent out so the fans stop sending in money so now the SK line is up to get them to send in $ with the hopes of getting something? I don't know because the SK is not in production and a date hasn't been given to when it will go into production. Lets see if the July 22 deadline gets extended to allow for more orders because after all the people think they have to hurry and that production will start shortly. That is what you are led to think but it was not stated so it is the consumers fault if you do think they are going to be made soon. They did say that they would not make them till the Preorders for the GSO are done. They can't complete a preorder in 2 years on one model and 3 years on others so when will the SK knives really be made. The GSO 5.1 the most popular model and has been taking orders for how long oh I would say 2 years and still hasn't gone into production. You can believe that they are doing something new or you can believe the same operation of send more money in now by any means and we will get to you when able is really what is going on. Do people recall the steps that were taken to speed up the process of the GSO a while back? This is just an opinion and not meant to be factual evidence of civil or criminal intent on any parties part. If you own a Survive Knife it is a work of art and will stand up up to years of abuse. I do hope that things will change and improve. I sure do miss the photos of boxes with shipping labels on them being sent out to the hopeful select. There are lots of questions people have for a good reason and I think we can all come together and not bash or troll to see progress move forward. I was a faithful supporter for a long time and sad to see the day come when I no longer had faith in the system anymore. To answer a question would be yes I am interested in the Sk line but no I wont order one because I don't see it ever getting into the hands of them that place an order. Please don't be angry with me; just prove me wrong and get the blades out within 8 months. I would love to hear that by March 2018 everyone got their SK 12s and 6s and since your post said they would be made after the GSO I assume all models will be finished and shipped by then too. Lets see if either one can be done and meet me half way. It is not for me but the people that have had your back for so long.

Back