The Official ZT0562 Thread!! (FIRST LOOK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get this back on track...

It's been a little while with my 0562, and I've been loving it! I have the CF version, but swapped the scale with the G10 model. It makes getting it out of the pocket a lot easier. Flipping action is amazing - the action is soooo smooth. This is quite possibly my favorite modern folder. I carry traditionals during the day at work, but as soon as I get out of my suit at night, this guy hops in the pocket, and sees more use on the weekend.

I'm surprised by how thin they kept it. It carries so easily in the pocket. The clip is pretty awesome too. I notice on the CF version, the clip is a matte black, but on the G10 it was more of a shiny black finish. Anyways, onto some pics. :)

I kept the M390 one and the G10 scale (top one), and sold the Elmax one with CF scale (middle one) earlier this week. There's no going back now :)

1df6278f-a3a1-40b8-80a4-80b58f126748.jpg

Typical weekend carry:

c42dc171-8613-45e7-806f-104032d2424e.jpg

The 0562CF carries thinly in the pocket, which is nice. Very nice package, I will be getting another CF version when I spot one that's available. Too bad the m390 isn't fully stonewashed, but that's ok. To compensate I'm thinking of putting custom CF scales on the elmax version.

Let's get this back on track...

It's been a little while with my 0562, and I've been loving it! I have the CF version, but swapped the scale with the G10 model. It makes getting it out of the pocket a lot easier. Flipping action is amazing - the action is soooo smooth. This is quite possibly my favorite modern folder. I carry traditionals during the day at work, but as soon as I get out of my suit at night, this guy hops in the pocket, and sees more use on the weekend.

I'm surprised by how thin they kept it. It carries so easily in the pocket. The clip is pretty awesome too. I notice on the CF version, the clip is a matte black, but on the G10 it was more of a shiny black finish. Anyways, onto some pics. :)

I kept the M390 one and the G10 scale (top one), and sold the Elmax one with CF scale (middle one) earlier this week. There's no going back now :)

1df6278f-a3a1-40b8-80a4-80b58f126748.jpg

Typical weekend carry:

c42dc171-8613-45e7-806f-104032d2424e.jpg

I would actually prefer the M390 version with a G10 scale as well. Looks great :)

By the way. What tool did you use to remove that pivot screw?.

How is the "slicer" grind working out? Cut any differently from a 550 or 561?

Keep in mind that the slicer grind is an alternative to the Hinderer "Spanto" grind - Hinderer customers complained that fine cutting work was difficult with the Spanto grind thus the Hinderer Slicer grind. None of the ZT's use the Spanto grind and I've personally never had a problem doing fine cutting work with a 0550.

I gave up today on my BladeHQ pre-order and cancelled it. Ended up getting one off of the for sale forum instead.

I still haven't heard from whoever it was I gave $5 to for a pre order.

I gave up today on my BladeHQ pre-order and cancelled it. Ended up getting one off of the for sale forum instead.

This is why I don't do preorders, especially for regular production pieces. Nothing is guaranteed but the headache you get waiting for that email.

I'll just wait till they're more readily available.

I just gave up on BladeHQ too... I passed on too many opportunities to get this knife and I'm a bit fed up on how they handled this. If I would have known back in January that this was how BladeHQ operates I would have never pre-ordered with them. Live and learn, plenty of other great online options to use in the future.

0620CF-vs-0562CF3_zps68f4d93f.jpg

For the record, the ZT0562's action SPANKS that of the ZT0620. I really wish they used the KVT bearings in the 0620 because mine is stiff, and flat-out requires some wrist action (using the wave doesn't open it fully, either). Pivot is loose, and it's still nowhere near as easy to open as the 0200. By contrast, the 0562 will flip open with little effort, even with the knife facing up.

PS - I have a good 20 ZT knives and the 0562 is, by far, my favorite...size, ergonomics, action, blade shape/grind, you name it. I honestly couldn't think of anything I'd change.

BladeHQ says they've filled 40 0562CF pre-orders so far and are hoping to get some more in this week.

....PS - I have a good 20 ZT knives and the 0562 is, by far, my favorite...size, ergonomics, action, blade shape/grind, you name it. I honestly couldn't think of anything I'd change.

I'll be at the three week mark with my 0562cf this Friday, and I absolutely agree. My opinion and $1 may get you a cup of coffee, but it's the best ZT (and one of the best knives period) that I've ever had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back