The Official ZT0562 Thread!! (FIRST LOOK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is not at all like that. Might need to go in to zt.

Maybe I made it seem worse than it is... The blade doesn't just fall out at the slightest movement but it definitely doesn't have a detent like my 0801. Doesn't bother me that much, was just wanting to hear from other people. SN 0109

As long as the blade flips open reliably without having to invoke the XM-18 special decoder flipper opening technique or use a wrist flick, I'd let it be.

PS: To me, all flippers should work exactly the same. When I pull a flipper . . . any flipper . . . out of my pocket and hit the trigger, the blade should deploy quickly and completely every single time without me having to think about it. If it doesn't and a couple of drops of Nano-Oil in the pivot doesn't fix it, it's time to send it in for repair or sell it.

Last edited:
Kniferbro I agree with you as far as the detent not being as strong as the 0801, however I find it acceptable and does not shake loose. I have a Brous T4 Flipper and if you enjoy a great flipping action IMHO this has a great flipper action. I've had my 0562 for about a month now and enjoy everything about this knife. The KVT bearings make for a very smooth opening system. I like the steel lock bar insert absolutely no sticky lock, no blade play and great steel with excellent edge retention. Also the deep pocket clip is also a nice feature, overall I believe with the Hinderer design and ZT production this model may become their all time best seller. Now the wait for the 390 steel with carbon fiber scale version to arrive. BTW ser #0550

Last edited:
got tired of waiting for my CF preorder from KC so I grabbed an elmax version from a go to site of mine, should have it in a couple days. I had a preorder for an elmax version before but canceled, guess I should have kept it!

Not gonna get into who I preordered through but they totally screwed my my preorder. After getting frustrated I canceled my preorder. I then decided to call my local knife shop only to find out they had 3 0562cf's and 3 0620cf's in stock! Needless to say they now only have 2 of each in stock. I ended up liking my 0801 better than the 0562 so I am keeping the 0620 and selling my 0562cf to a buddy. Moral of the story; support your local business!

the blade on my 0562 can easily be shaken out.

Nothing like that here. I'm referring to the 0562cf; although that shouldn't make a difference IMHO. Mine only comes out with the flipper. For what it's worth I've dissembled, took all the factory grease out, replaced w/ CRK grease, and Loctite the pivot. Only difference from factory is slightly smoother opening from the new grease; and fly's out a hair stronger/ faster due to the pivot being a hair tighter than factory.

So, it's the evening of the 23rd. I have long since sourced my ZT 0562CF from a great member here so I have my knife in hand and am taken care of. But, what's crazy is that I have yet to have received any word from Blade HQ about my preorder of this knife with them. I also had an order placed with Kershawguy, which I have left my name on the list in case my best bud decides he wants me to grab it when it becomes available.

But it is just crazy to me that BladeHQ hasn't received enough 0562s to fulfill their preorders yet, weeks after the knife has hit the streets. Fair disclosure, I preordered in early August, so I understand that I'm certainly hundreds of spots down the list. But really? This is supposed to be a production knife. Why isn't KAI sending truckloads of these out by now?

So, it's the evening of the 23rd. I have long since sourced my ZT 0562CF from a great member here so I have my knife in hand and am taken care of. But, what's crazy is that I have yet to have received any word from Blade HQ about my preorder of this knife with them. I also had an order placed with Kershawguy, which I have left my name on the list in case my best bud decides he wants me to grab it when it becomes available.

But it is just crazy to me that BladeHQ hasn't received enough 0562s to fulfill their preorders yet, weeks after the knife has hit the streets. Fair disclosure, I preordered in early August, so I understand that I'm certainly hundreds of spots down the list. But really? This is supposed to be a production knife. Why isn't KAI sending truckloads of these out by now?

I haven't heard boo from BladeHQ either.

got tired of waiting for my CF preorder from KC so I grabbed an elmax version from a go to site of mine, should have it in a couple days. I had a preorder for an elmax version before but canceled, guess I should have kept it!

Still waiting on mine 0562cf from KC too....

man I only preordered it in like July as well so I might not even get it until next year lol

Just keep checking around, if you find one just call and cancel the order. I didn't hear a thing from the places I pre ordered from either on the 0562 and the 0620 and I have them already from other vendors.

I pre ordered in January as well.

man I only preordered it in like July as well so I might not even get it until next year lol

Taking into consideration of their "pre-order" prices, their fulfillment list must be insanely long... Futhermore ZT only supply about 10-20 pieces of each model at a time.

I feel bad with so many people wanting them and there being 2 at my local shop. I feel like I need to buy them and sell them on the exchange so people can have them

Congratulations -- but you prepaid for a knife in January that you are now getting in September!

Not really I pre ordered in January but didn't pay until the knife was in stock and ready to ship a few weeks ago but many thanks for the congratulations :D

Just playing with materials. Loving my 0562 for EDC!

K0eAqkUl.jpg

Congratulations -- but you prepaid for a knife in January that you are now getting in September!

I pre-ordered in January and have received nothing. I cancelled my pre-order after scoring a 562cf on the exchange for much cheaper. I still have the 620cf on pre-order with Blade HQ but I will tell you after this experience I will no longer pre order any production knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back